Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-02-16

(2015-02-13, 14:19)Hopsakee Wrote: Unfortunately, I can't download KodiLauncher. I tells me there's a network error.
I can download XBMClauncher tough.

Can I use XBMClauncher for Kodi?

XBMCLauncher is not compatible with Kodi.

(2015-02-15, 04:58)ssx2330 Wrote: hi,baiuxavior :
I was unable to connect to https://www.box.com/s/6zab0xg9k3n3wl09wtm7. I can not download "kodilauncher" and "Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool" from the address you provide. Please help me provide another way to download. Or e-mail to my mailbox? ([email protected])
I also use inteset 4in1.

Please try again.

(2015-02-16, 04:56)rmilyard Wrote: I am sure this has been asked but is there a guide/manual that tells how all these features work? Mainly the external program? I am using Virtual CloneDrive to mount my .iso files and TotalMedia Theatre 6 to play them.

I have been using the playercorefactory and PlayISO.bat files to do this. Does this program help with that or something?

This application is not for external players. You need to configure playercorefactory for it. The external player function is only to prevent xbmc/kodi from taking focus while external players are running.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-02-16

Inorder to avoid Kodi trademark violations, I'm making necessary changes in the Launcher code/name. A new logo that does not resemble Kodi is needed. Anyone willing to make a new icon please post a download link and I will include it in the code with proper acknowledgement. Thanks.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - ijourneaux - 2015-02-16

I have been using XBMCLauncher for quite a while to close XBMC befor ethe computer goes to sleep and wake it up on resume. When I changed to Kodi, I upgraded to KodiLauncher. Unforunately, it seem like more often than not, when I wake my computer that Kodi is still running. Unfortunately this doesn't happen every time.

In all cases, the computer goes to sleep on inactivity.

Am I missing an obvious configuration setting?

Take Care
Ian

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - ssx2330 - 2015-02-17

I was unable to connect to https://www.box.com/s/6zab0xg9k3n3wl09wtm7. I can not download "kodilauncher" and "Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool" from the address you provide. Please help me provide another way to download. Or e-mail to my mailbox? ([email protected])
I also use inteset 4in1.

Please try again.

Hi, baiuxavior:
box.com is blocked in my country, So I could not get it. Maybe this is the reason XBMC / Cody difficult to promote the application here. Hard to get support. Maybe you send to this site: http: //bbs.htpc1.com/forum-225-1.html
So that I may receive? !
Help me!

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-02-17

(2015-02-16, 18:26)ijourneaux Wrote: I have been using XBMCLauncher for quite a while to close XBMC befor ethe computer goes to sleep and wake it up on resume. When I changed to Kodi, I upgraded to KodiLauncher. Unforunately, it seem like more often than not, when I wake my computer that Kodi is still running. Unfortunately this doesn't happen every time.

In all cases, the computer goes to sleep on inactivity.

Am I missing an obvious configuration setting?

Take Care
Ian

Please try the new Launcher4Kodi.

(2015-02-17, 02:22)ssx2330 Wrote:
I also use inteset 4in1.

Please try again.

Hi, baiuxavior:
box.com is blocked in my country, So I could not get it. Maybe this is the reason XBMC / Cody difficult to promote the application here. Hard to get support. Maybe you send to this site: http: //bbs.htpc1.com/forum-225-1.html
So that I may receive? !
Help me!

I have added a dropbox link. You can download the exe from the github source also. I can't mail exe files from gmail.

Launcher4Kodi - baijuxavior - 2015-02-17

In order to avoid kodi copyright violations, KodiLauncher will be known as Launcher4Kodi from now on. Those who using KodiLauncher are requested to uninstall it and install the new Launcher4Kodi.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - ssx2330 - 2015-02-17

(2015-02-17, 02:22)ssx2330 Wrote:
I also use inteset 4in1.

Please try again.

Hi, baiuxavior:
So that I may receive? !
Help me!

I have added a dropbox link. You can download the exe from the github source also. I can't mail exe files from gmail.
[/quote]

Hi, baiuxavior:
  Like Dropbox also is blocked in my country. (See wiki)
It seems only email up.
If you can not mail exe files from gmail, then:
1, exe file to change the file extension. Such as exe into ex, or txt ... should be able to, right? !
2, compressed into a zip should be able to right? ! .
github I have downloaded, but I Do not know to use it, do not use. I'm just a user, there is no more capacity.
I really need your "launcher4kodi" and "Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool".
Please help me!
my mailbox: ([email protected])

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-02-17

Quote:Hi, baiuxavior:
It seems only email up.
1, exe file to change the file extension. Such as exe into ex, or txt ... should be able to, right? !
github I have downloaded, but I Do not know to use it, do not use. I'm just a user, there is no more capacity.
Please help me!

Downloading from github is easy. You dont need any clients installed in pc. Just open the link in a web browser and use the option to download as zip file. I have send you a mail.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - ssx2330 - 2015-02-18

(2015-02-17, 19:07)baijuxavior Wrote:
Quote:Hi, baiuxavior:
It seems only email up.
Please help me!

Downloading from github is easy. You dont need any clients installed in pc. Just open the link in a web browser and use the option to download as zip file. I have send you a mail.

Hi, baijuxavior:
Thank you very much, I have received your two programs in the mailbox. Being tested.
Has been modified by AdvancedMCERemoteMapper on/off button, I can now use inteset shutdown the pc!
Modify from xbmc path to kodi path by Launcher4Kodi V1.0 is not work, in the study.

Thank you again! You are lucky!

lack of focus - runey71 - 2015-02-18

I'm sure I am doing something stupid but hopefully someone can help point out what. I'm using the latest version of XBMCLauncher (haven't upgraded to Kodi yet). I have it set up to start when Windows does and have the shell set to XBMCLauncher. Which I prefer from an aesthetics perspective as I don't see the desktop appear during boot-up. This is all running on Windows 8.1. Everything works great until I add something into the External Apps Group. When I do that it seems that whilst XBMC is forefront (viewable) it doesn't have focus. By that I mean I cannot move around the XBMC menu until I use the mouse to click somewhere first. Then I can use a remote or keyboard as normal. Without anything in the External Apps Group I can use the remote or keyboard immediately.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a workaround? Or is this normal behaviour?

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - isamu.dragon - 2015-02-18

A small request, could you make it where we could set a different key for the Kodi startup within the gui.

Maybe a Drop-Down List of all the standard keys (a,b,c,d,etc.) and check boxes for the special keys (ctrl, alt, shift, etc.), while still having it default to Win+Alt+Enter.

Reason I ask is because I use a harmony remote and kind of had to change around the keys from the original remote so that they would work with Kodi (then XBMC). And my layout for my remote does not have a WMC key (which is usually mapped to Win+Alt+Enter), but rather than run Launcher4Kodi and a separate AHK script, I'd rather an option within this great program

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-02-18

(2015-02-18, 07:53)runey71 Wrote: I'm sure I am doing something stupid but hopefully someone can help point out what. I'm using the latest version of XBMCLauncher (haven't upgraded to Kodi yet). I have it set up to start when Windows does and have the shell set to XBMCLauncher. Which I prefer from an aesthetics perspective as I don't see the desktop appear during boot-up. This is all running on Windows 8.1. Everything works great until I add something into the External Apps Group. When I do that it seems that whilst XBMC is forefront (viewable) it doesn't have focus. By that I mean I cannot move around the XBMC menu until I use the mouse to click somewhere first. Then I can use a remote or keyboard as normal. Without anything in the External Apps Group I can use the remote or keyboard immediately.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a workaround? Or is this normal behaviour?

Have you enabled the setting 'First Group Apps prevent xbmc focus'? If so, xbmc will not take focus if external apps are running.

(2015-02-18, 09:38)isamu.dragon Wrote: A small request, could you make it where we could set a different key for the Kodi startup within the gui.

Maybe a Drop-Down List of all the standard keys (a,b,c,d,etc.) and check boxes for the special keys (ctrl, alt, shift, etc.), while still having it default to Win+Alt+Enter.

Reason I ask is because I use a harmony remote and kind of had to change around the keys from the original remote so that they would work with Kodi (then XBMC). And my layout for my remote does not have a WMC key (which is usually mapped to Win+Alt+Enter), but rather than run Launcher4Kodi and a separate AHK script, I'd rather an option within this great program

This is a good suggestion. I need to check if it is possible to define hotkeys in autohotkey this way.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - user9998 - 2015-02-22

just downloaded & installed launcher4kodi (in win 7), the version at the top of this thread, focus seems to work but power manager settings still activate (screen will turn off while inactive). any advice?

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Phairplay - 2015-02-23

Hi,

this looks like a great app and I'm really wanting to use it I just have a question about the external apps section

I would like to use the kodi (xbmc) shell for faster loading, yet I have a few programs running in the background. would I be correct in saying any program that is not in the windows start up folder will still automatically load as usual i.e mcafree, vnc, autohotkey ect, and the ones within the folder i.e sabnzbd, sonarr, couchpotato ect will have to be rooted through your external app section?

cheers

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Shogunreaper - 2015-02-23

How do i get kodi to launch automatically with the launcher?

The only option i see is to do it on window startup... but i don't turn my computer off so that doesn't work for me.

Seems to launch external applications fine... am i supposed to add kodi to that list?

Also whats the point of "Turn off display"?