Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-06-08

(2015-06-07, 21:40)gitman Wrote: I upgraded to Kodi while I still had XBMCLauncher installed. the custom shutdown menu was working fine.

now after upgrading to Launcher4Kodi, and choosing to install the custom shutdown menu, all i get is the default Kodi shutdown menu.

i am using confluence, and i have reinstalled the launcher 2x.

edit: i replaced my DialogButtonMenu.xml with the following to get back what I was used to seeing ala the image in the first post of this thread. I also fixed the paths to the py scripts as per an earlier post from March.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<window type="buttonMenu">
    <defaultcontrol>9001</defaultcontrol>
    <include>dialogeffect</include>
    <coordinates>
        <system>1</system>
        <left>0</left>
        <top>0</top>
    </coordinates>
    <controls>
        <control type="button" id="9001">
            <description>Make sure we hit the first button in the group list and not the close window button</description>
            <left>-16</left>
            <top>-16</top>
            <width>4</width>
            <height>4</height>
            <label>-</label>
            <font>-</font>
            <onfocus>down</onfocus>
            <texturefocus>-</texturefocus>
            <texturenofocus>-</texturenofocus>
            <onleft>9000</onleft>
            <onright>9000</onright>
            <onup>9000</onup>
            <ondown>2</ondown>
        </control>
        <control type="image">
            <left>0</left>
            <top>0</top>
            <width>1280</width>
            <height>720</height>
            <texture>black-back.png</texture>
        </control>
        <control type="grouplist" id="9000">
            <left>470</left>
            <top>0</top>
            <width>340</width>
            <height>720</height>
            <onleft>9000</onleft>
            <onright>9000</onright>
            <onup>9000</onup>
            <ondown>9000</ondown>
            <itemgap>0</itemgap>
            <align>center</align>
            <control type="group" id="1">
                <width>340</width>
                <height>30</height>
                <control type="image">
                    <description>background top image</description>
                    <left>0</left>
                    <top>0</top>
                    <width>340</width>
                    <height>30</height>
                    <texture border="20,19,20,0">DialogContextTop.png</texture>
                </control>
                <control type="button" id="20">
                    <description>Close Window button</description>
                    <left>260</left>
                    <top>5</top>
                    <width>64</width>
                    <height>32</height>
                    <label>-</label>
                    <font>-</font>
                    <onclick>PreviousMenu</onclick>
                    <texturefocus>DialogCloseButton-focus.png</texturefocus>
                    <texturenofocus>DialogCloseButton.png</texturenofocus>
                    <onleft>2</onleft>
                    <onright>13</onright>
                    <onup>13</onup>
                    <ondown>2</ondown>
                    <visible>system.getbool(input.enablemouse)</visible>
                </control>
            </control>
            <control type="button" id="2">
                <description>Exit button</description>
                <width>340</width>
                <height>40</height>
                <textcolor>grey2</textcolor>
                <focusedcolor>white</focusedcolor>
                <align>center</align>
                <textwidth>290</textwidth>
                <texturefocus border="25,5,25,5">ShutdownButtonFocus.png</texturefocus>
                <texturenofocus border="25,5,25,5">ShutdownButtonNoFocus.png</texturenofocus>
                <onclick>RunScript(C:\Program Files\Launcher4Kodi\CloseKodi.py)</onclick>
                <pulseonselect>no</pulseonselect>
                <font>font13</font>
                <label>13012</label>
                <visible>System.ShowExitButton</visible>
            </control>
            <control type="button" id="3">
                <description>Shutdown button</description>
                <width>340</width>
                <height>40</height>
                <align>center</align>
                <onclick>RunScript(C:\Program Files\Launcher4Kodi\ConfluenceShutdownButtonAction.py)</onclick>
                <visible>System.CanPowerDown</visible>
                <font>font13</font>
                <label>Shutdown</label>
            </control>
            <control type="button" id="4">
                <description>RestartKodi Button</description>
                <width>340</width>
                <height>40</height>
                <align>center</align>
                <onclick>RunScript(C:\Program Files\Launcher4Kodi\RestartKodi.py)</onclick>
                <font>font13</font>
                <label>Restart Kodi</label>
            </control>
            <control type="button" id="5">
                <description>Reboot button</description>
                <width>340</width>
                <height>40</height>
                <align>center</align>
                <onclick>XBMC.Reset()</onclick>
                <visible>System.CanReboot</visible>
                <font>font13</font>
                <label>13013</label>
            </control>
            <control type="image" id="6">
                <description>background bottom image</description>
                <left>0</left>
                <width>340</width>
                <height>25</height>
                <texture border="20,0,19,20">DialogContextBottom.png</texture>
            </control>
        </control>
    </controls>
</window>

IIRC, I had fixed this problem in the latest version. Don't know why it is not working for you.

(2015-06-07, 22:54)Helioy Wrote: I'm using Launcher4Kodi as a shell to open Kodi and run external programs. However, each time I reboot, the shell is not started and I end up using explorer instead. Launcher4Kodi is not launched at all.. The exe has administrative permissions and the shell is correct set in regedit.
OS Win 8.1, 64bit.

How can I debug this further?

Have you selected kodi to start with the launche?, if not launcher4kodi will start explorer.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Helioy - 2015-06-08

(2015-06-08, 05:53)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2015-06-07, 22:54)Helioy Wrote: I'm using Launcher4Kodi as a shell to open Kodi and run external programs. However, each time I reboot, the shell is not started and I end up using explorer instead. Launcher4Kodi is not launched at all.. The exe has administrative permissions and the shell is correct set in regedit.
OS Win 8.1, 64bit.

Have you selected kodi to start with the launche?, if not launcher4kodi will start explorer.

Yes. I think so. At least Kodi starts when I start the launcher manually.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-06-08

(2015-06-08, 09:31)Helioy Wrote:
(2015-06-08, 05:53)baijuxavior Wrote:
OS Win 8.1, 64bit.

Yes. I think so. At least Kodi starts when I start the launcher manually.

Can you open regedit and set the shell to kodi.exe or any other exe file like notepad instead of launcher4kodi? You can also do this in the launcher by selecting shell as 'Other'. Then reboot. It should start kodi/notepad. If kodi/notepad is not started then the shell change is not effected properly.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Helioy - 2015-06-08

(2015-06-08, 14:57)baijuxavior Wrote: Can you open regedit and set the shell to kodi.exe or any other exe file like notepad instead of launcher4kodi? You can also do this in the launcher by selecting shell as 'Other'. Then reboot. It should start kodi/notepad. If kodi/notepad is not started then the shell change is not effected properly.

Notepad and Kodi is correctly opened. I used the launcher and "other" option. Reverting back to launcher4kodi, and explorer is opened again. Any suggestions?

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - gitman - 2015-06-08

(2015-06-08, 05:53)baijuxavior Wrote: IIRC, I had fixed this problem in the latest version. Don't know why it is not working for you.

i downloaded the version off the first post in this thread using the Dropbox link

can you clarify if the menu should look like the image in the first post? because Launcher4Kodi only modified existing Kodi shutdown menu entries

thanks

(2015-06-08, 17:06)gitman Wrote:
(2015-06-08, 05:53)baijuxavior Wrote: IIRC, I had fixed this problem in the latest version. Don't know why it is not working for you.

i downloaded the version off the first post in this thread using the Dropbox link

can you clarify if the menu should look like the image in the first post? because Launcher4Kodi only modified existing Kodi shutdown menu entries

thanks

My bad. Sorry, that fix is not included in the latest version. I was working on a few other features and thought I will include the fix in a new version. But I'm very busy and lazy to continue the work. I will update the installer in a few days and let you know.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-06-11

Launcher4Kodi updated to V1.1 with some minor fixes.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - RockerC - 2015-06-16

This project should probably be renamed to meet the official trademark policy?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Trademark_Policy

You should not use "Kodi" or "XBMC" in the product name, see this section:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Trademark_Policy#Related_Software

Related Software

XBMC Foundation products are designed to be extended, and we recognize that community members writing add-ons and supplemental software need some way to identify the XBMC Foundation product to which their add-on/software pertain. Our main concern about add-ons and related software is that consumers not be confused as to whether they are official (meaning approved by XBMC Foundation) or not. To address that concern, we request that add-ons and supplemental software names not include, in whole or in part, the words "XBMC Foundation" or "Kodi" in a way that suggests a connection between XBMC Foundation and the add-on or software (e.g., "Frobnicator for Kodi," would be acceptable, but "Kodi Frobnicator" would not).

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - gitman - 2015-06-16

"Launcher4Kodi" sure seems to fit the last clause there as to what's acceptable.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-06-16

(2015-06-16, 16:28)RockerC Wrote: This project should probably be renamed to meet the official trademark policy?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Trademark_Policy

You should not use "Kodi" or "XBMC" in the product name, see this section:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Trademark_Policy#Related_Software

Related Software

XBMC Foundation products are designed to be extended, and we recognize that community members writing add-ons and supplemental software need some way to identify the XBMC Foundation product to which their add-on/software pertain. Our main concern about add-ons and related software is that consumers not be confused as to whether they are official (meaning approved by XBMC Foundation) or not. To address that concern, we request that add-ons and supplemental software names not include, in whole or in part, the words "XBMC Foundation" or "Kodi" in a way that suggests a connection between XBMC Foundation and the add-on or software (e.g., "Frobnicator for Kodi," would be acceptable, but "Kodi Frobnicator" would not).

(2015-06-16, 16:57)gitman Wrote: "Launcher4Kodi" sure seems to fit the last clause there as to what's acceptable.

As per the last clause this name is acceptable. This tool was initially called KodiLauncher. 'natethomas', the Team Kodi Community Manager in a personal message asked me to change the name and it is he who suggested Launcher4Kodi. If you read the first post, you can see that I have clearly mentioned:

In order to avoid kodi copyright violations, KodiLauncher will be known as Launcher4Kodi from now on. Those who using KodiLauncher are requested to uninstall it and install the new Launcher4Kodi.

Thanks.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Helioy - 2015-06-19

(2015-06-08, 15:41)Helioy Wrote:
(2015-06-08, 14:57)baijuxavior Wrote: Can you open regedit and set the shell to kodi.exe or any other exe file like notepad instead of launcher4kodi? You can also do this in the launcher by selecting shell as 'Other'. Then reboot. It should start kodi/notepad. If kodi/notepad is not started then the shell change is not effected properly.

Notepad and Kodi is correctly opened. I used the launcher and "other" option. Reverting back to launcher4kodi, and explorer is opened again. Any suggestions?

baijuxavior: This still not work in 4.1 release. Any other suggestions?

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - pcolmer - 2015-06-20

I've just installed Launcher4Kodi v1.1.

Now when Kodi starts, after it has done the various housekeeping bits (e.g. updating EPG, etc), it displays:

Script Failed! : Version Check

in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

I'm using Kodi v 14.2.

Regards

Philip

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - berkhornet - 2015-06-20

(2015-06-20, 10:48)pcolmer Wrote: I've just installed Launcher4Kodi v1.1.

Now when Kodi starts, after it has done the various housekeeping bits (e.g. updating EPG, etc), it displays:

I'm using Kodi v 14.2.

Regards

Philip

I doubt this has anything to do with Launcher4Kodi. I got the same error after the Version Check addon was updated this morning. If you can, re-install the previous version. There may be a .zip file in the addons/packages folder.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - pcolmer - 2015-06-20

(2015-06-20, 11:16)berkhornet Wrote: I doubt this has anything to do with Launcher4Kodi. I got the same error after the Version Check addon was updated this morning. If you can, re-install the previous version. There may be a .zip file in the addons/packages folder.
Yes, it does look like an unfortunate coincidence. The debug log does confirm it is a problem with the Version Check addon itself.

I'm still a bit of a Kodi newbie so I'm still learning this like this ;-).

I've started a separate thread as it looks like there is a problem with the addon.

Thanks.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-06-20

(2015-06-20, 10:48)pcolmer Wrote: I've just installed Launcher4Kodi v1.1.

I'm using Kodi v 14.2.

Regards

Philip

You can disable the version check addon in kodi settings.