Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-06-20

(2015-06-19, 19:27)Helioy Wrote:
(2015-06-08, 15:41)Helioy Wrote:
(2015-06-08, 14:57)baijuxavior Wrote: Can you open regedit and set the shell to kodi.exe or any other exe file like notepad instead of launcher4kodi? You can also do this in the launcher by selecting shell as 'Other'. Then reboot. It should start kodi/notepad. If kodi/notepad is not started then the shell change is not effected properly.

Notepad and Kodi is correctly opened. I used the launcher and "other" option. Reverting back to launcher4kodi, and explorer is opened again. Any suggestions?

baijuxavior: This still not work in 4.1 release. Any other suggestions?

Please check path of kodi is correctly selected in the launcher. Enable the option to start kodi with windows. Then exit the launcher and run it again. Did kodi start?.

Do you have teamviewer? May be I can remotely check your system.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Helioy - 2015-06-20

(2015-06-20, 16:07)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2015-06-19, 19:27)Helioy Wrote:
(2015-06-08, 15:41)Helioy Wrote: Notepad and Kodi is correctly opened. I used the launcher and "other" option. Reverting back to launcher4kodi, and explorer is opened again. Any suggestions?

baijuxavior: This still not work in 4.1 release. Any other suggestions?

Please check path of kodi is correctly selected in the launcher. Enable the option to start kodi with windows. Then exit the launcher and run it again. Did kodi start?.

Do you have teamviewer? May be I can remotely check your system.

Kodi starts correctly when launching the launcher.

Yes. I will PM you.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - DetrieZ - 2015-06-28

Windows 7
Kodi 14.2
XBMC Launcher 4.1

Since upgrading from XMBC to Kodi I can no longer get Set focus to work

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-06-29

(2015-06-28, 17:29)DetrieZ Wrote: Windows 7
Kodi 14.2
XBMC Launcher 4.1

You should use the new Launcher4Kodi. Download link at Page 1.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Helioy - 2015-06-29

Ok, so baijuxavior helped me on teamviewer and our findings were that the launcher wasn't started from the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Launcher...". So he copied it into "C:\Launcher.." and it worked as it should do.

Thank you for your help baijuxavior Smile

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-06-29

(2015-06-29, 14:57)Helioy Wrote: Ok, so baijuxavior helped me on teamviewer and our findings were that the launcher wasn't started from the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Launcher...". So he copied it into "C:\Launcher.." and it worked as it should do.

Thank you for your help baijuxavior Smile

You are welcome.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - DetrieZ - 2015-06-29

(2015-06-29, 14:18)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2015-06-28, 17:29)DetrieZ Wrote: Windows 7
Kodi 14.2
XBMC Launcher 4.1

You should use the new Launcher4Kodi. Download link at Page 1.

That was it.. Thank you!

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - avid - 2015-07-01

Hi @baijuxavior
I've just set up a Windows 8.1 HTPC with Kodi and have installed Launcher4dodi. The program does exactly what I want however I don't know if it's working correctly. When I start up my PC Kodi loads automatically however it is not in full screen mode and I can see the Window's icons around the edges. I have ticked the box in settings to load XBMCLauncher as the Windows Shell and I'm assuming that what I'm seeing is that Explorer has loaded first and is therefore the shell. Is this interpretation correct and if so is there anything I can do to rectify the situation?
I can't find a thread that identifies this as a problem on the forum, I have tried running Launcher4kodi as adminstrator but this makes no difference.
Thanks

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-07-01

(2015-07-01, 11:42)avid Wrote: Hi @baijuxavior
I've just set up a Windows 8.1 HTPC with Kodi and have installed Launcher4dodi. The program does exactly what I want however I don't know if it's working correctly. When I start up my PC Kodi loads automatically however it is not in full screen mode and I can see the Window's icons around the edges. I have ticked the box in settings to load XBMCLauncher as the Windows Shell and I'm assuming that what I'm seeing is that Explorer has loaded first and is therefore the shell. Is this interpretation correct and if so is there anything I can do to rectify the situation?
I can't find a thread that identifies this as a problem on the forum, I have tried running Launcher4kodi as adminstrator but this makes no difference.
Thanks

If you set the launcher as shell and enable the option to start kodi at windows logon then you will not see desktop. If it is not working then please uninstall the application, and install it to a different location like C:\Launcher4Kodi\ instead of the normal programs folder. Then set the launcher as shell and reboot.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - avid - 2015-07-01

(2015-07-01, 18:12)baijuxavior Wrote:
Thanks

If you set the launcher as shell and enable the option to start kodi at windows logon then you will not see desktop. If it is not working then please uninstall the application, and install it to a different location like C:\Launcher4Kodi\ instead of the normal programs folder. Then set the launcher as shell and reboot.

Thank you for getting back to me. I have done as you suggested and looked again at what is happening. When I launch Kodi with the launcher the Windows task bar will appear if I move the cursor to the edge of the screen. This doesn't seem to happen when I start Kodi without using Launcher4kodi. Are there any other suggestions as to what is happening? Could it be a setting within Kodi?

Thanks

Thank you for getting back to me. I have done as you suggested and looked again at what is happening. When I launch Kodi with the Launcher the Windows task bar will appear if I move the cursor to the edge of the screen. This doesn't seem to happen when I start Kodi without using Launcher4kodi. Are there any other suggestions as to what is happening? Could it be a setting within Kodi?

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-07-02

(2015-07-01, 22:50)avid Wrote:
Thanks

Thank you for getting back to me. I have done as you suggested and looked again at what is happening. When I launch Kodi with the Launcher the Windows task bar will appear if I move the cursor to the edge of the screen. This doesn't seem to happen when I start Kodi without using Launcher4kodi. Are there any other suggestions as to what is happening? Could it be a setting within Kodi?

In kodi settings try 'use a full screen window'. Also check that the launcher is the shell and not explorer.

RE: Using Tweak UAC - berkhornet - 2015-07-13

This tip might help resolve some issues.

I have two PCs with (I thought) identical setups. On one of them Launcher4Kodi would not always behave as expected (e.g. Kodi would not automatically start after a re-boot). I then noticed that on the PC that was working ok I had installed Tweak UAC to disable UAC. Doing this on the failing PC solved all issues.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Deihmos - 2015-07-13

I really like the application. I recently switched back to using Kodi from using WMC for a little over a year. I have been struggling trying to find an acceptable way to use Kodi for videos and WMC for live tv with easy and seamless switching. I can't use Kodi for live tv, it is too slow and there are some channels not supported because of DRM.

Anyone still using WMC for live tv have any recommendations? Is there a way to get this application to launch WMC when I close kodi?

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-07-14

(2015-07-13, 22:07)Deihmos Wrote: I really like the application. I recently switched back to using Kodi from using WMC for a little over a year. I have been struggling trying to find an acceptable way to use Kodi for videos and WMC for live tv with easy and seamless switching. I can't use Kodi for live tv, it is too slow and there are some channels not supported because of DRM.

Anyone still using WMC for live tv have any recommendations? Is there a way to get this application to launch WMC when I close kodi?

WMC can be launched when you close kodi. For this you need to modify a few lines only in the launcher source code.