Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Deihmos - 2015-07-14

I wouldn't know how to do this but I think I have come up with an acceptable solution. I installed kodi integration that adds a kodi shortcut to wmc. When I close kodi it launches wmc.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - smuller - 2015-07-31

Does Launcher4Kodi works with Windows 10? Like to know before I upgrade my HTPC:-)

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - MasterPhW - 2015-07-31

It does. Have it running since Win 10 Build 10093 in combination with Launcher4Kodi.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - stuspick - 2015-07-31

What I want to achieve is to update my channel program guide xml file when my machine goes into sleep mode. I have a batch file that calls mc2xml.exe and a .dat file.

I'm having an issue with trying to run this batch file when the Kodi shell is being used. I know batch files require explorer.exe to run, anyone know how I can get this to work?

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-07-31

(2015-07-31, 00:36)smuller Wrote: Does Launcher4Kodi works with Windows 10? Like to know before I upgrade my HTPC:-)

(2015-07-31, 10:57)MasterPhW Wrote: It does. Have it running since Win 10 Build 10093 in combination with Launcher4Kodi.

Thanks for conforming.

(2015-07-31, 14:52)stuspick Wrote: What I want to achieve is to update my channel program guide xml file when my machine goes into sleep mode. I have a batch file that calls mc2xml.exe and a .dat file.

I'm having an issue with trying to run this batch file when the Kodi shell is being used. I know batch files require explorer.exe to run, anyone know how I can get this to work?

You can add the .bat file to external apps group and set it to startch with the launcher. Select file type as All Files instead of *.exe to view bat files.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - stuspick - 2015-07-31

Thanks baijuxavior.

I thought it had to be an .EXE.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - buda81 - 2015-08-01

Windows 10

having an issue, kodilauncher v1.0 seems to work with "close Kodi on Suspend" but does not work for Launcher4Kodi v1.1. and Start up with windows seems to work on v1.1 and doesn't on v1.0. any ideas?

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - mpavlis - 2015-08-02

Dear Launcher4Kodi,

I'm sorry that I have to tell, but Launcher4Kodi on final build of Windows 10 is now fully working Sad.
From my perspective it looks like that the focus (my favorite and must have function) doen't work.

Could you please make new version for all W10 peple?

Thank you so much,
Regards
Martin

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-08-02

(2015-08-01, 04:34)buda81 Wrote: Windows 10

having an issue, kodilauncher v1.0 seems to work with "close Kodi on Suspend" but does not work for Launcher4Kodi v1.1. and Start up with windows seems to work on v1.1 and doesn't on v1.0. any ideas?

Close Kodi on suspend is working on my system. Which OS are you using? Install using administrative privileges.

(2015-08-02, 04:28)mpavlis Wrote: Dear Launcher4Kodi,

I'm sorry that I have to tell, but Launcher4Kodi on final build of Windows 10 is now fully working Sad.
From my perspective it looks like that the focus (my favorite and must have function) doen't work.

Could you please make new version for all W10 peple?

Thank you so much,
Regards
Martin

I have just updated to win 10. Focus is working in it. I will double check and change the code if necessary. Try changing the use a full screen window setting in kodi settings

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Blurayx - 2015-08-02

I have windows 10 installed on a Minix NEO Z64. Launcher4kodi was working ok but now when I exist kodi my tv screen is blank. I can not see my windows home screen. Is there a way to stop Launcher4kodi from launching.

Thanks

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - buda81 - 2015-08-02

Quote:
(2015-08-02, 07:18)buda81 Wrote: Windows 10

Close Kodi on suspend is working on my system. Which OS are you using? Install using administrative privileges.

I am on Windows 10. with run as Admin on.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-08-03

(2015-08-02, 08:06)Blurayx Wrote: I have windows 10 installed on a Minix NEO Z64. Launcher4kodi was working ok but now when I exist kodi my tv screen is blank. I can not see my windows home screen. Is there a way to stop Launcher4kodi from launching.

Thanks

I cant specify a solution as I have i haven't completely tested the launcher in win 10 . The code may need some editing for win 10. Try disabling start explorer or metro start when kodi exits.

(2015-08-02, 16:05)buda81 Wrote:
Quote:
(2015-08-02, 07:18)buda81 Wrote: Windows 10

I am on Windows 10. with run as Admin on.

I will test the tool in win 10 and report. It must be a problem with permissions.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Ned Scott - 2015-08-05

I've been lazy about maintaining the Supplemental tools (wiki) list on the wiki lately, but I just made a page for Launcher4Kodi (wiki). That page will automatically populate the Supplemental tools pages based on category. Feel free to add anything to it, or just use it as a pointer to this thread. Cheers.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - stuspick - 2015-08-08

I can only select all file types in the external apps group from the notification icon. From the GUI I can only select .exe file types. Looks like a bug possibly.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Warner306 - 2015-08-09

Can you add an option to disable the catch of Alt+F4?

I have mapped this command on my remote to force Kodi to close. Shutdown via any other method is too slow for my tastes. The shutdown menu is already accessible via the "S" key.