Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Service Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler (/showthread.php?tid=138745)

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - S7eele - 2015-02-09

mistake, sorry

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - shaktoo - 2015-02-09

S7eele Thanks ,will (try) give it a try later tonight ... long day at work today

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - S7eele - 2015-02-10

@Razze could you check out a comment i added to the following issue on github:

https://github.com/Razzeee/script.trakt/issues/17

bottom line is that i think there may be another issue with processing (scrobbling) of .strm files (virtual library items) may in latest version, i am verifying and trying to eliminate any possible issues on my side, i did include a log excerpt on github, hope im not jumping the gun

p.s. - i just want to remind everyone to be careful if speaking to this issue, be sure you dont mention add-ons that are not supported here, check forum rules for details

update - an issue is already open on github for this issue

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - Piers - 2015-02-10

Sorry if this is a stupid question (I'll read through the last 20 pages in a sec), but is there any special I need to do in order to get the new version to work? I've tried the master and the dev version from above - both just give Script failed! etc

http://pastey.org/view/raw/1b8dd5ed

(2015-02-10, 09:32)Piers Wrote: Sorry if this is a stupid question (I'll read through the last 20 pages in a sec), but is there any special I need to do in order to get the new version to work? I've tried the master and the dev version from above - both just give Script failed! etc

edit - sorry, just noticed the log and it looks like your immediate issue is indeed what i discussed below, go into the kodi add-ons menu and make sure that both 'six' and 'requests' modules are installed, they can be found under 'add-on libraries'

thats a really big question as there are a LOT of variables but 'if' you are going to try to run the development version you may want to check for the required modules (six and requests modules specifically), if you have 'installed from .zip' it should have been installed already so its just a guess

be warned it is in development, if you review the thread there are several examples of things that can go wrong if u decide to risk running it, you will certainly want to use a test account on trakt if you dont want to corrupt or lose your data altogether

(2015-02-10, 09:41)S7eele Wrote:
(2015-02-10, 09:32)Piers Wrote: Sorry if this is a stupid question (I'll read through the last 20 pages in a sec), but is there any special I need to do in order to get the new version to work? I've tried the master and the dev version from above - both just give Script failed! etc

edit - sorry, just noticed the log and it looks like your immediate issue is indeed what i discussed below, go into the kodi add-ons menu and make sure that both 'six' and 'requests' modules are installed, they can be found under 'add-on libraries'

thats a really big question as there are a LOT of variables but 'if' you are going to try to run the development version you may want to check for the required modules (six and requests modules specifically), if you have 'installed from .zip' it should have been installed already so its just a guess

be warned it is in development, if you review the thread there are several examples of things that can go wrong if u decide to risk running it, you will certainly want to use a test account on trakt if you dont want to corrupt or lose your data altogether

Going to try it now, brb

Sorry, I've just only looked at the requirements in addon.xml - totally forgot to check for the last item on there Smile Hoping it will work now.

Edit: I'm looking to include a customised rating dialog in my skin (it's been on the list of to-dos). Just need to get the add-on working now.

Additional: Wow, that's beautiful work. Thank you for keeping the add-on alive.

I've just synced 300 movies and 3000 episodes (testing ones for skin development so don't care what it says or does to trakt account) in less than four minutes. Obviously the new API has something to do that that but it's still a nice change. Now onto checking ratings...

(2015-02-10, 10:35)Piers Wrote: Additional: Wow, that's beautiful work. Thank you for keeping the add-on alive.

I've just synced 300 movies and 3000 episodes (testing ones for skin development so don't care what it says or does to trakt account) in less than four minutes. Obviously the new API has something to do that that but it's still a nice change. Now onto checking ratings...
@Razze has indeed done some incredible work, its come a long way really quickly, im just a very grateful user

not sure if it applies in your case but u mentioned ratings so i thought i would mention that there is an open issue on github addressing a known issue where .strm files (virtually library items) do not trigger the rating dialogue, just fyi

Feedback.

Previous add-on: Logged watched items, didn't display dialogs rating/sync/etc

Current dev. version: Appears to be working as fully intended. Default focus is on 6 and it's a lot quicker. No issues found so far - trakt.tv account reports one item watched (no dupes) and has allowed the rating to be updated.

I'll continue to post feedback.

Smile

Now on to looking into dialog skin integration.

(2015-02-10, 10:45)Piers Wrote: Feedback.

Previous add-on: Logged watched items, didn't display dialogs rating/sync/etc

Current dev. version: Appears to be working as fully intended. Default focus is on 6 and it's a lot quicker. No issues found so far - trakt.tv account reports one item watched (no dupes) and has allowed the rating to be updated.

I'll continue to post feedback.

Smile

Now on to looking into dialog skin integration.
the developer has asked that people using the development version of the add-on post their issues on github, just another fyi

Ofc, I'll only post positive feedback here - any issues will be posted on git Smile

Skin integration under way, will provide screens and files for anyone else who wants to do the same with a 1920x1080 skin.

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - klumar - 2015-02-10

hi i recently installed kodi in my new pc and realized sync does not work with trakt 2.3.1, is this true or is it just meHuh??
if so are there any hacky fixes?

(2015-02-10, 12:27)klumar Wrote: hi i recently installed kodi in my new pc and realized sync does not work with trakt 2.3.1, is this true or is it just meHuh??
if so are there any hacky fixes?

The latest branch is 3.x - it had been taken over and maintained by another author.

https://github.com/Razzeee/script.trakt/tree/dev is the latest version.

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - welshboy - 2015-02-10

Hi, I'm now using the 3.0 version thats in the xbmc repo. Great work! Sync is speedy and for the most part things work as expected. My issues is with adding new tv shows. When I add a new show to my library, trakt syncs and even though 0 episodes have been marked as watched in kodi, it says 100% have been watched on trakt. Its not a major issue, I've just unchecked watched on the trakt site. Just in case you didn't already know.

Thanks again!