Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Service Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler (/showthread.php?tid=138745)

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - Skank - 2013-04-25

(2013-04-24, 22:24)nate1280 Wrote:
(2013-04-24, 21:24)Skank Wrote:
(2013-04-22, 20:12)Skank Wrote: Here is one..:

I would looooove to see "a page" in the main menu , like widgets...
Showing what my friends are watching/watched

What i watched and stuf..

In fact there are some apps doing this... For now i use utrakt on ipad... But it would rock if you could do this inside xbmc.. So we wont have to grab a phone/ipad to see this..

Is this considerable?

Its probably possible to create a widget with this information.

Cool !
So making a shortcut in the mainmenu to the addon, which then shows these widgets would rock !

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - Seven_PRX - 2013-04-25

(2013-04-22, 22:27)rectifyer Wrote: You might need to refresh the xbmc repo to get trakt to show up under services. 2.3 is exactly the same as 2.2, no new code has been added for 2.3 yet. You can get the exact log location from the xbmc wiki.

Hi,

Refreshing from within XBMC does not help - i.e. Trakt is not showing up within the Add On list (where you can download).

Weird if 2.3 is the same as the 2.20, but I can only tell you 2.2 stopped working for me (giving the script error), and manually installing 2.30 solved this.

I read manual rating is coming - nice!

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - nate1280 - 2013-04-25

I've submitted the manual rating code, for those that want to test it before it gets merged (if it does), or after (if it is), below is how to use it.

Manual Rating

Supported methods:

To rate the currently selected item:

Code:
RunScript(script.trakt,action=rate)

To give the selected item a direct rating (between 1 and 10 inclusive):

Code:
RunScript(script.trakt,action=rate,rating=#)

To rate a specific item, this is for skin support:

Code:
RunScript(script.trakt,action=rate,media_type=<show|episode|movie>,dbid=#)

To give a specific item a direct rating (between 1 and 10 inclusive), this is for skin support:

Code:
RunScript(script.trakt,action=rate,media_type=<show|episode|movie>,dbid=#,rating=#)

To unrate the currently selected item:

Code:
RunScript(script.trakt,action=unrate)

To unrate a specific item, this is for skin support:

Code:
RunScript(script.trakt,action=unrate,media_type=<show|episode|movie>,dbid=#)

Information

Rating the currently selected item only works in the various video library views, so either Movies, or TV Shows. It will only work on library items, it will not be updated to work on non-library items as there are just to many plugins out there to do this effectively.

The best way to use this feature, would be to add a custom mapping to your keyboard.xml. For example, in testing, I used the key V to trigger a manual rate.

Example:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <v>RunScript(script.trakt,action=rate)</v>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

You could probably be more specific where this goes in your keyboard.xml (MyVideoLibrary section for instance).

As for skin support, the specific item rating is what would be best used. The best spot this could be added would be the information screen that is pulled up on an item, where you can reload information, see actors and such; by adding a button called "Rate on trakt" or something along those lines, which triggers the manual rating.

Using the unrate action, would be the same as the rate action, one could assign another key to unrate.

If providing a specific rating for an item, only the advanced rating scale (1 to 10) is supported.

Also note, that if you have re-rating enabled, selecting the same rating will unrate the item, this is the same behaviour as it is on the website.

So you will either need to wait for your favorite skin to add support, or modify it yourself.

Hope everyone enjoys it, and I think I covered whats needed to get it to work.

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - rectifyer - 2013-04-26

Great work, this is awesome!

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - nate1280 - 2013-04-26

I've updated the manual rating to add unrating ability as well, I've updated my previous post with the information on how to use this.

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - nate1280 - 2013-04-27

Updated manual rating usage to include rating parameter usage.

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - fernandovg - 2013-04-28

nate1280, the size of the rate notification string showing the tv-show and seadon/episode is too large and the notification appear only for a few seconds seconds. I can't read if is OK or not. I would increase the time of the notification or keep the original string without the series name and etc.
thanks

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - nate1280 - 2013-04-29

(2013-04-28, 14:28)fernandovg Wrote: nate1280, the size of the rate notification string showing the tv-show and seadon/episode is too large and the notification appear only for a few seconds seconds. I can't read if is OK or not. I would increase the time of the notification or keep the original string without the series name and etc.
thanks

I've altered it a bit to use S##E## - Episode Title for the rating dialog, since this could get rather long and doesn't wrap in the dialog (might be a future change for multi-line), as for the notifications, they display for 5 seconds, and from the constant testing I do, haven't really noticed a problem.

If other think the notifications should last longer, please let me know.

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - crimsonfury - 2013-04-29

Does this work with the nightlies of XBMC? I'm on Gotham most recent and it does all the pop up saying it started and finished both movies and TV but when I look online in my history in Trakt it doesn't add anything at all.

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - crimsonfury - 2013-04-30

OK I downgraded to Frodo 12.1 and it still doesn't scrobble... http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=15085

I only scrobble from Plex. I need this to work with xbmc though... Can anyone look at my log and see whats wrong?

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - nate1280 - 2013-04-30

(2013-04-30, 17:24)crimsonfury Wrote: OK I downgraded to Frodo 12.1 and it still doesn't scrobble... http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=15085

I only scrobble from Plex. I need this to work with xbmc though... Can anyone look at my log and see whats wrong?

All i see in that log is the sync code working, and the simulate sync setting enabled.

Nothing about scrobbling there.

But it doesn't sync what I watch in xbmc to Trakt.tv.... I watched a couple episodes last night and a couple movies and then go to Trakt.tv and refresh the page and nothing shows up that I watched... Also it doesn't refresh xbmc with my watched status that updated from Plex to Trakt.tv. So sync for me isn't working.

I have library auto-updated set to work right when I open xbmc and every hour. Then I set trakt to update after every library refresh. I see the popups but the website doesn't show it working...

Also does this work to show "Watching" when a show/movie is in progress and not done?

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - rectifyer - 2013-04-30

It doesn't look like you are watching anything in that log file. Can you post a log when you start watching and finish watching something? Can you double check all the scrobble settings are enabled too?

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - nate1280 - 2013-04-30

(2013-04-30, 22:51)crimsonfury Wrote: But it doesn't sync what I watch in xbmc to Trakt.tv.... I watched a couple episodes last night and a couple movies and then go to Trakt.tv and refresh the page and nothing shows up that I watched... Also it doesn't refresh xbmc with my watched status that updated from Plex to Trakt.tv. So sync for me isn't working.

I have library auto-updated set to work right when I open xbmc and every hour. Then I set trakt to update after every library refresh. I see the popups but the website doesn't show it working...

Also does this work to show "Watching" when a show/movie is in progress and not done?

Try turning off simulated sync if you want it to actually make changes to trakt and vice-versa. The whole point of simulated is to see what it changes without actually making the changes.

As for scrobbling as you're watching, there's nothing in that log file because you uploaded it just after the sync. Would need to see a complete log file to figure out whats going on, if anything (btw, there's also a simulate scrobbling setting)

So if I turn off both Simulate settings all should work? "Jeez what a Newb!" lol