Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Service Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler (/showthread.php?tid=138745)

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - wgstarks - 2013-07-16

Got it. Thanks for the help. Does it only work with the thin banner on this forum? Tried some larger ones but they were badly distorted.

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - MeMeMe - 2013-07-17

Edit: after a reboot, the problem I describe below isn't happening any more. I leave this post for posterity, but it looks like it was purely an issue at my end.

I have a bug I think with the trakt tag/list manager function.

On the limited testing I've done, the following happens:
* If you add a movie to a list on the Trakt website, it does not show as part of that list in XBMC,
* If you add a movie to a list within XBMC, it does get synched to the trakt website.

Here is the process I followed (with list names changed for clarity):

I created two lists on Trakt website:
* Test Web
* Test XBMC

In Test Web, I added two movies while on trakt site and left the other empty.

I opened up XBMC, and to Test XBMC, I added two movies while within XBMC.
I then looked at the tags library node -
* Only Test XBMC was showing, and it showed the two movies I just added
* Test Web wasn't seen.

I then viewed the website, and both lists were there, and each showed the two movies they should each contain.

I then went back to XBMC, and added 1 movie to Test Web.
Then looked at the tags node, and for that list, it showed the 1 movie I justed added.
I thend viewed that list on the website, and it showed all 3 movies.

So it seems that movies added to lists on the trakt website are not being shown in XBMC, but movies added within XBMC are synched to web fine.

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - nate1280 - 2013-07-17

(2013-07-17, 03:46)MeMeMe Wrote: Edit: after a reboot, the problem I describe below isn't happening any more. I leave this post for posterity, but it looks like it was purely an issue at my end.

I have a bug I think with the trakt tag/list manager function.

On the limited testing I've done, the following happens:
* If you add a movie to a list on the Trakt website, it does not show as part of that list in XBMC,
* If you add a movie to a list within XBMC, it does get synched to the trakt website.

Here is the process I followed (with list names changed for clarity):

I created two lists on Trakt website:
* Test Web
* Test XBMC

In Test Web, I added two movies while on trakt site and left the other empty.

I opened up XBMC, and to Test XBMC, I added two movies while within XBMC.
I then looked at the tags library node -
* Only Test XBMC was showing, and it showed the two movies I just added
* Test Web wasn't seen.

I then viewed the website, and both lists were there, and each showed the two movies they should each contain.

I then went back to XBMC, and added 1 movie to Test Web.
Then looked at the tags node, and for that list, it showed the 1 movie I justed added.
I thend viewed that list on the website, and it showed all 3 movies.

So it seems that movies added to lists on the trakt website are not being shown in XBMC, but movies added within XBMC are synched to web fine.

If you manipulate the lists on the trakt website, you need to trigger an update tags action for the tags to be updated in XBMC, they won't be updated automatically, there's no way to do this.

Managelists ability within XBMC only grabs information from XBMC, not from trakt.tv, so its lists are populated from tags and if they're not up to date, lists may not be accurate. After the dialog is closed, it only updates what you've changed (the tags in XBMC get updated if needed, and it updates trakt.tv with the changes)

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - zilexa - 2013-07-18

What is the correct way to restore watched statuses after I have done a new clean install of XMBC? I planned to do it like this:
- add sources to XBMC (Movies, TV Shows) but DO NOT scan them now
- import video library from backup file (I exported my library before formatting drive)
- install trakt addon, enter account details aind... wait? or update library?

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - junec - 2013-07-19

EDIT - Nevermind.

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - MeMeMe - 2013-07-19

Thanks nate. That probably explains what happened with me. It's good to know for the future.

(2013-07-18, 17:27)zilexa Wrote: What is the correct way to restore watched statuses after I have done a new clean install of XMBC? I planned to do it like this:
- add sources to XBMC (Movies, TV Shows) but DO NOT scan them now
- import video library from backup file (I exported my library before formatting drive)
- install trakt addon, enter account details aind... wait? or update library?

There are at least two ways.

1: Use advanced settings (you don't need trakt for this):
If you have exported your library to multiple files, in your advanced settings file add the tag that tells it to import watched status.
Then just import your library and watched status will be set.

2. Using trakt:
Import your library as you planned, then in trakt make sure the synchronize with xbmc settings are activated, and just run trakt.
This will take a while to run, but will correct the xbmc watched statuses for your entire library.

You can do both. I.e. once your library is imported, just set trakt to synch after after library update, and you can forget about it.

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - fernandovg - 2013-07-20

I modded Confluence skin so It can use the new feature of context menu (github version) that nate just commited.
I added a button "Trakt.tv" at the side left menu. When you click on it the context menu appear. Works with Movie and Tv-show library

Code:
                <control type="button" id="999">
                    <description>Trakt.tv</description>
                    <include>ButtonCommonValues</include>
                    <label>Trakt.tv</label>
                    <onclick>RunScript(script.trakt,action=contextmenu)</onclick>
                </control>

backup your MyVideoNav.xml before add this one
http://www.sendspace.com/file/rn4y0k

As I'm using a 20130630 nightly build in my Raspbmc here's the path of my MyVideoNav.xml

/home/pi/.upgrade/xbmc-13-20130630/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence.classic/720p

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - zer04c - 2013-07-21

Hi,

Thanks for the trakt addon, it's been a great way to keep all my watched information manageable.

I've been having a problem with a few TV series. The problems only occur with series that have the same name as another series.

For example:
with 'the Americans' xbmc has a 2013 and 1961 versions to chose from.
When it scans the folder it comes up with the 1961 version
I use the 'tv show information > refresh > ' and select the correct show - which corrects all the information and everything is good.

However, after I watch an episode , the version scrobbed by trakt is the 1961 version and therefore it is not automatically hidden. When I manually mark it as watched, trakt then shows that the 2013 version is 'manually marked seen'

Is there any way of getting trakt scrob the correct version ?

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this.

I've manage to get a log, hopefully this shows what is happening.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oy03dbq0s87s6nq/xbmc_trakt.log

Thanks Smile

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - MeMeMe - 2013-07-21

zer04c, i think i know what happened because the same thing happened with one of my shows.

Test this:

Delete the show from Trakt.tv first. (if you have both shows in trakt, delete both of them). It will warn you that the show is gone and cannot be recovered - that's what you want.

Then go back to xbmc, and refresh the show (might be better to remove from library then rescan, then uise information -> refresh to make sure it's the right show).

Now when you synch with trakt it should use the right show.

[RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - zer04c - 2013-07-21

Thanks Mememe,

That did work ! I could delete the shows in my library collection, but in plays there is no way other than to delete each episode individually . Everything syncs fine now,
It was such a small problem but one that is great to have fixed.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - MeMeMe - 2013-07-22

Glad it helped. Smile
That bug of not being able to delete multiple episodes play history is a major pain at times.

[RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - zer04c - 2013-07-22

Heh, yeah they really like making you work for those fixes.. also compounded by a slow site : /

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - wgstarks - 2013-08-03

When I launch the trakt addon it freezes on synchronizing tv at 1%. I'm guessing that's because I don't have any tv episodes maybe. Is there someway to stop trakt from trying to sync tv?

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - MeMeMe - 2013-08-03

yes, there is. Go to addons, select trakt, bring up the context menu, and select configuration (or Addon Settings, or whatever it says).

There are several tabs of options - you can stop it synching tv and/or movies, and, for instance, disable the popup asking you to rate movies after you watch them (I always disable this).

In the Synchronize tab, just unselect all four entries under the TV section.

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - wgstarks - 2013-08-03

(2013-08-03, 16:10)MeMeMe Wrote: yes, there is. Go to addons, select trakt, bring up the context menu, and select configuration (or Addon Settings, or whatever it says).

There are several tabs of options - you can stop it synching tv and/or movies, and, for instance, disable the popup asking you to rate movies after you watch them (I always disable this).

In the Synchronize tab, just unselect all four entries under the TV section.

Thanks. That fixed it.