Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Service Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler (/showthread.php?tid=138745)

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - welshboy - 2015-01-06

I'm sorry, like I said, I'm new to Trakt. Didn't quite understand the difference between syncing and scrobbling.

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - S7eele - 2015-01-06

Latest update from trakt dev on VIP forum:

'I'm planning to get this working this week 1) import missing v1 data (in process) 2) summary ratings (quick ratings work) 3) social sharing (twitter, facebook) 4) add past watches'

### end of update ###

Regarding rating. Trakt has eliminated the 'weak sauce' to 'totally ninja' scale and is simply using 1-10 now. I'm wondering if that might be the issue with rating. If anyone knows please share. I will find out what I can.

I may get yelled at but who is maintaining this add-on currently. I'll dig through the thread for history but...

Will provide more detail as available.

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - Stevenlr - 2015-01-06

Thanks for your efforts S7eele!
Any info/update we can get on the add ons would be great!

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - VTl511 - 2015-01-07

Is there anyway i can see what my friends are watching and we can share our playlist on kodi to each other?

also on Openelec Kodi RC3 i cant seem to launch the program i click on it and nothing happens..

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - aptalca - 2015-01-07

(2015-01-06, 23:14)S7eele Wrote: Latest update from trakt dev on VIP forum:

'I'm planning to get this working this week 1) import missing v1 data (in process) 2) summary ratings (quick ratings work) 3) social sharing (twitter, facebook) 4) add past watches'

### end of update ###

Regarding rating. Trakt has eliminated the 'weak sauce' to 'totally ninja' scale and is simply using 1-10 now. I'm wondering if that might be the issue with rating. If anyone knows please share. I will find out what I can.

I may get yelled at but who is maintaining this add-on currently. I'll dig through the thread for history but...

Will provide more detail as available.
According to the github page, the last commit was made 6 months ago by rectifyer aka justin, who I believe is the only full time employee of trakt.tv. He probably has a lot on his plate fixing bugs on the new site and api

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - takoi - 2015-01-07

(2015-01-06, 23:14)S7eele Wrote: I may get yelled at but who is maintaining this add-on currently. I'll dig through the thread for history but...
The trakt people. But it's been unmaintained and in a sorry state for a very long time tbh, so if anyone want to start something new, now may be a good time. Perhaps it would be better if it was community maintained anyway as they clearly have a lot on their plate.

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - S7eele - 2015-01-07

(2015-01-07, 04:44)VTl511 Wrote: Is there anyway i can see what my friends are watching and we can share our playlist on kodi to each other?

also on Openelec Kodi RC3 i cant seem to launch the program i click on it and nothing happens..

Via trakt once fully operational!

Trakt.tv

Originally posted by tknorris on a different forum:

'Quick update from the Trakt guys on the API status:

';...As for when everything will be reliable, we can only give you a guesstimate since we're still figuring out the lock up issue. With the time [we] have allotted for it, my best guess is sometime next week. We currently have 7 API servers (m3.xl's) serving, but some of these bursts are taking a couple out. Monday from around noon to four PST we were seeing around 30k requests per minute. And that's for non cloudflare cached calls.

Anyway, thanks for bearing with us. We're seeing a large influx of traffic and we have some optimizations ahead of us....;'

Posting the latest update from trakt devs on Twitter:

'Ratings are available on the movie, show, season, and episode summary pages. You can now rate entire seasons too.'

This is speaking directly to functionality on the trakt.tv website, not within Kodi. Don't yet know if this will resolve rating issues through Kodi (via add-on). Will test soon, if you notice it is working for you please share. I am also trying to get a good status on this add-on regarding updates from the developer which appears to be the one full-time dev at trakt.

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - kl1k - 2015-01-07

Appreciate the updates. Didn't realize they got so busy. 30k a min. Impressive.

(2015-01-07, 06:28)aptalca Wrote: According to the github page, the last commit was made 6 months ago by rectifyer aka justin, who I believe is the only full time employee of trakt.tv. He probably has a lot on his plate fixing bugs on the new site and api
(2015-01-07, 13:00)takoi Wrote: The trakt people. But it's been unmaintained and in a sorry state for a very long time tbh, so if anyone want to start something new, now may be a good time. Perhaps it would be better if it was community maintained anyway as they clearly have a lot on their plate.

Appreciate your help, now I have somewhere to start a discussion with Justin. I agree that it would be better if it were maintained by the Kodi community and the fact is we may not have much choice in the matter. As @aptalca mentioned, the person who we think developed it just recently went full time at trakt. Not sure he is going to have time to address this add-on personally and it would probably set a bad example for the devs of other trakt driven apps that are doing the work themselves. Obviously they get support from the trakt devs upon request but their apps certainly aren't updated by trakt.

P.S. - I would absolutely love the opportunity to maintain/upgrade this add-on myself but my coding skills are limited and a bit rusty. It would be a great way of giving back to the Kodi community in general and more specifically to it's developers.

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - Stevenlr - 2015-01-07

Uh oh Sad Doesn't sound like good news then!

(2015-01-07, 17:09)Stevenlr Wrote: Uh oh Sad Doesn't sound like good news then!
Not sure exactly what you mean but I think it's great news. The progress trakt has made in the past days is phenomenal, I expect it will continue to improve just as rapidly. If you're referring to updating the add-on I don't think we are in that bad a position. Just need to talk to original dev to find out exactly what needs changing, from there I am pretty confident we can find some folks with the necessary coding skills or that I can take some time to refresh my skills and update it. Okay, so maybe it's not exactly easy. Lol

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - x3nius - 2015-01-07

Trakt plugin as for now: Its mostly working with tv shows, but it has some bugs with movies, atleast for me. Smile

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - Stevenlr - 2015-01-07

(2015-01-07, 17:22)S7eele Wrote:
(2015-01-07, 17:09)Stevenlr Wrote: Uh oh Sad Doesn't sound like good news then!
Not sure exactly what you mean but I think it's great news. The progress trakt has made in the past days is phenomenal, I expect it will continue to improve just as rapidly. If you're referring to updating the add-on I don't think we are in that bad a position. Just need to talk to original dev to find out exactly what needs changing, from there I am pretty confident we can find some folks with the necessary coding skills or that I can take some time to refresh my skills and update it. Okay, so maybe it's not exactly easy. Lol

Yeah by that i just meant, its do-able just not quickly as I'm sure most people already assumed it was being worked on.
But Fingers crossed!

(2015-01-07, 04:44)VTl511 Wrote: Is there anyway i can see what my friends are watching and we can share our playlist on kodi to each other?

I replied earlier but I just found this and thought I would share it with you as well, it is a post I found on the trakt VIP forum from one of the devs. The dev is responding to a question about functionality of the 'Inbox' shown on your dashboard when logged into the trakt.tv website. The dev provided some additional info that is applicable to your question. Again, this is specific to the trakt.tv website but it certainly introduces more possibilities for Kodi add-on development. I imagine much, if not all, of the 'social' functionality they plan on introducing could be used in Kodi via add-on if it were updated but I am not a developer so.....

Anyway, the post follows:

'We have plans for the inbox. Things like sending recommendations to a friend, notifications for system things, etc. That will come once v2 has caught up with v1 feature sets.

We'd also like to expand on social "stuff" and once we're back on more stable ground, we'll have time to start brainstorming some fun stuff. Oh yeah.. and freaking badges! Gah.. I've wanted to implement that pretty much since we started trakt, but there is always something more pressing.'

It sounds like we can look forward to many improvements in that 'social' category.

Just FYI!