Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Service Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler (/showthread.php?tid=138745)

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - boyofford - 2015-01-14

Fingers crossed this works again soon.

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - rixi60 - 2015-01-14

Okay, i just got the impression that the sync function worked for some - which also from my perspective sounds odd.

Is there anyone who knows exactly what has to be done - i can see it is written in Python, i'm a python programmer but i haven't oceans of time - so if a relatively short fix can do it i can maybe look into it.

[RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - mgonzales - 2015-01-14

Suggestion: edit the FIRST POST with a quick note about v1 being broken and a link that points to a new thread for the discussion of all things Trakt v2 that then can in its first post inform folks of what is going on, progress, ETA, or whatever is applicable to the issues with trakt and the new v2 API's

It would certainly cut back on the posts asking about it being broken and the complaints about those posts.

Plus it's good "housekeeping" anyway. :-)

Has the current non-functional service been marked as broken in the repo?

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - aptalca - 2015-01-14

(2015-01-14, 13:45)mgonzales Wrote: Has the current non-functional service been marked as broken in the repo?

I guess it partially works, so it shouldn't be marked as broken (I believe those get disabled by xbmc)

Scrobbling works and I hear movie sync works although I haven't tested that myself yet

[RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - mgonzales - 2015-01-14

(2015-01-14, 13:52)aptalca Wrote:
(2015-01-14, 13:45)mgonzales Wrote: Has the current non-functional service been marked as broken in the repo?

I guess it partially works, so it shouldn't be marked as broken (I believe those get disabled by xbmc)

Scrobbling works and I hear movie sync works although I haven't tested that myself yet

Ok - I'll give you that... I suppose :-)

(Now I'm curious: what percentage of broke gets you marked as broken?) hehe

BUT I still think the first post should be updated if nothing else.

By the way - I love trakt and couldn't live without it - I'm managing best I can with understanding during this transition - a big thanks to all those folks at trakt that bring us this wonderful service and Kodi add-on.

Mario

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - Razze - 2015-01-14

(2015-01-14, 03:53)maurdr Wrote: so i know the addon is partially broken atm, so if this is a broken feature im sorry. im trying to export my library from xbmc to trakt. its 339 movies the addon says its sending them to trakt but when i look on the website nothing has been imported it still shows the 1 movies i added previously through the website. is there something im doing wrong somewhere. i know the password and username are correct after checking the actual setting file.

edit to add picture: Image

Notice, this says WILL be added. The error is occuring after that, when its trying to send the data to trakt and returns with a problem.

(2015-01-14, 10:48)rixi60 Wrote: My trakt sync still dont work it keeps saying the following in the log:

Server Busy ({"status":"failure","error":"server is over capacity"})

However my scrobbling after watching either a TV show or a movie works like a charm and so does the rating. - From what i read elsewhere and earlier in this thread it is because they fucked the legacy support for their API up after going to API v2.0.

Does the sync work for any of you guys?

Legacy support is there, for the central endpoints. So not everything and the ported ones are a lot slower than the new ones.
The server busy you are getting is due to that method not being ported over to v2. This is the error they decided to give as most applications will handle that one correct.

(2015-01-14, 12:25)rixi60 Wrote: Okay, i just got the impression that the sync function worked for some - which also from my perspective sounds odd.

Is there anyone who knows exactly what has to be done - i can see it is written in Python, i'm a python programmer but i haven't oceans of time - so if a relatively short fix can do it i can maybe look into it.

it's not done that quickly. I'm new to python but my port is coming along okay I think, it's alot of old code we have to get rid of for best results.
When you really want to help, you could add some features here and ask em to be pulled in.
https://github.com/fuzeman/trakt.py/tree/develop
as stated in https://github.com/fuzeman/trakt.py/issues/1 it just supports sync and scrobble. would be really great to get summary calls for single objects and ratings added next.

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - Marx1 - 2015-01-15

New api changed completely authorisation. There are also changed rest methods and returned objects. While in theory there is legacy api, i couldn't enable it. So major rewrite is needed.

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - S7eele - 2015-01-15

(2015-01-15, 17:45)Marx1 Wrote: New api changed completely authorisation. There are also changed rest methods and returned objects. While in theory there is legacy api, i couldn't enable it. So major rewrite is needed.
you may be aware of it already but jic here is the one razze is currently working on:

http://github.com/Razzeee/script.trakt

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - stainedroof - 2015-01-16

Love Trakt, it's grown to be an integral part of my media experience. If a show blows I weak sauce sad face that mother with authority! Hope the issues are worked out soon.

On a different note, for those interested, the free Trakt client app for Android, Cathode, is working with V2. As far as I've seen all the other free Trakt client apps for Android are broken. If anyone installs Cathode be patient during the first download, it take a long time....like hours, but afterward it the app works perfectly as designed.

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - S7eele - 2015-01-16

(2015-01-16, 01:03)stainedroof Wrote: Love Trakt, it's grown to be an integral part of my media experience. If a show blows I weak sauce sad face that mother with authority! Hope the issues are worked out soon.

On a different note, for those interested, the free Trakt client app for Android, Cathode, is working with V2. As far as I've seen all the other free Trakt client apps for Android are broken. If anyone installs Cathode be patient during the first download, it take a long time....like hours, but afterward it the app works perfectly as designed.
saw the post above and thought i would share my experience with Series Guide (android trakt app), i really like the app and the developer has done a good job of getting things working again, also very responsive, issues that remain are almost all caused by issues at trakt that are still being worked, all in the spirit of sharing information

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - roach9 - 2015-01-16

S7; any ETA on when TV shows will be able to be synced?

Where do you get your info?

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - Razze - 2015-01-16

(2015-01-16, 08:05)roach9 Wrote: S7; any ETA on when TV shows will be able to be synced?

no ETA.
probably when I get around to it. AKA got some spare time, could be tomorrow. could be in two weeks Wink

would also be good to get the android/osx problem with trakt.py / requests fixed first

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - S7eele - 2015-01-16

(2015-01-16, 10:42)Razze Wrote:
(2015-01-16, 08:05)roach9 Wrote: S7; any ETA on when TV shows will be able to be synced?

no ETA.
probably when I get around to it. AKA got some spare time, could be tomorrow. could be in two weeks Wink

would also be good to get the android/osx problem with trakt.py / requests fixed first
roger that, was hoping you would pop in to answer

@roach9,

wasnt ignoring u, just wanted to give razze an opportunity to respond first instead of giving u second hand info

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - Talguy - 2015-01-16

(2015-01-16, 06:48)S7eele Wrote: saw the post above and thought i would share my experience with Series Guide (android trakt app), i really like the app and the developer has done a good job of getting things working again, also very responsive, issues that remain are almost all caused by issues at trakt that are still being worked, all in the spirit of sharing information

Series guide has a better UI than cathode but I can't get my TV show library and watchlist on trakt to sync with it. My movie collection on trakt sync'd just fine with series guide. For now I'm going to stick with cathode.

RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - ironhidePT - 2015-01-16

Hi Razee. I've been lurking this thread for the past 2 weeks, since after the Trakt update the watchlist for the many episodes of the many tv shows stopped working due to the new API, and waiting on an update of the XMBC/Kodi plugin or in this case, your script.

But the thing is: This situation is seriously driving me mad because I'm having trouble to keep up with what I've already watched and not, and I don't want to mark the episodes as watched manually on Trakt. And it happens that I am a software engineer and have some free time this weekend, so I created an account just to say that, if you need some help with the code, I'm available. Feel free to send me a PM or something if that's the case. Wink