Kodi Community Forum
Why not WMC as backend? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+---- Forum: Windows Media Center (WMC) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=205)
+---- Thread: Why not WMC as backend? (/showthread.php?tid=139748)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Why not WMC as backend? - krustyreturns - 2013-07-02

If you mean the crazy names wmc uses for the recorded tv files, this pvr won't display those file names, it uses the titles from the metadata stored in each wtv file. So the names of the recorded tv files as displayed in xbmc look as you'd expect. I also added options to change now these names are displayed in the server software.

If the folder structure you are referring to, is the flat 'recorded tv' directory structure wmc creates, this pvr doesn't change that. It just uses the files created by the wmc service, it doesn't alter them (except for being able to delete them);

RE: Why not WMC as backend? - jeffj9930 - 2013-07-02

If this project will be a while yet, is there anyway you can release a version that list the WTV files?

If you create the portion of renaming the files based on metadata we can simply point to the Recorded TV path and run WTV as we do any other video. I seldom need to go into WMC once the recordings are set. The main drawback in doing that now is the funky naming convention.

RE: Why not WMC as backend? - TjaLfE - 2013-07-03

Any dev news on this one? Been a while since last status update.

RE: Why not WMC as backend? - JuggalotusHeat - 2013-07-06

I just wanted to get some clarification on what content we will be able to watch once it gets released. I remember Jeff or Krusty mentioning that the buffer is encrypted...Does this mean we will be able to view/record copy once content, at least on the host machine?

RE: Why not WMC as backend? - mikey976 - 2013-07-06

i would be more then happy just to have it as a pvr, for recording so i dont have to rely on my crappy cablevision dvr. be able to manage/program and view directly from xbmc

RE: Why not WMC as backend? - krustyreturns - 2013-07-06

Sorry for the dearth of info. I was traveling and Jeff is struggling to find time to work on wtv since starting his new job. We are still on it though.

As for content protection clarification, Jeff can correct me if I am wrong, but this software will only play content that xbmc can play. In other words, if you have a wtv file that is protected such that xbmc can't play it (only wmc can), this software won't be able to change that.

RE: Why not WMC as backend? - JuggalotusHeat - 2013-07-08

(2013-07-06, 19:30)krustyreturns Wrote: Sorry for the dearth of info. I was traveling and Jeff is struggling to find time to work on wtv since starting his new job. We are still on it though.

As for content protection clarification, Jeff can correct me if I am wrong, but this software will only play content that xbmc can play. In other words, if you have a wtv file that is protected such that xbmc can't play it (only wmc can), this software won't be able to change that.

S'all good, I'm sure everyone following this thread were busy traveling as well. I hope protected content can be played in the future as that is 99% of the stuff I watch and record.Looking forward to helping test out the standard stuff for y'all though :O). Have a good one!

RE: Why not WMC as backend? - Evoxer - 2013-07-15

Sounds like things are looking up - so where's that donate button at? I'm sure a few of us would like to reward you all for you hours and hours of work!

Re: RE: Why not WMC as backend? - JuggalotusHeat - 2013-07-15

(2013-07-15, 00:51)Evoxer Wrote: Sounds like things are looking up - so where's that donate button at? I'm sure a few of us would like to reward you all for you hours and hours of work!

+1

RE: Why not WMC as backend? - TRiddle - 2013-07-15

Pretty excited about this. My aging server running Sage finally died, so I spent this past weekend rebuilding it. I chose to go with 7MC specifically because of following this thread since it's inception. For now, I'm using the WMC/XBMC integration tool, which works as expected, but I can't wait to be able to just use one frontend instead of a mixture of two with some nice hacked in integration. Keep up the good work gents!

RE: Why not WMC as backend? - avus m3 - 2013-07-17

W.....O....W!!!!! I remember seeing this thread a really long time ago so figured I would step in since I was surprised it was still going. This sounds like a dream come true if we could merge WMC and XBMC. Say what you want about Microsoft but for a side project WMC is by far and wide the easiest and most reliable computer PVR system out there.

This will be amazing to solely use XBMC but get that added as a backend!

RE: Why not WMC as backend? - bry - 2013-07-17

Support checking in

RE: Why not WMC as backend? - hyde01 - 2013-07-17

Hopefully this can become reality so I can finally stop switching between XBMC and WMC to watch/record live TV. I have HDHR and I don't see any straight-forward guide to have HDHR working the way it does with WMC (flawless).

RE: Why not WMC as backend? - bry - 2013-07-17

(2013-07-17, 20:32)hyde01 Wrote: Hopefully this can become reality so I can finally stop switching between XBMC and WMC to watch/record live TV. I have HDHR and I don't see any straight-forward guide to have HDHR working the way it does with WMC (flawless).

If you don't care for protected content nextpvr works flawlessly within XBMC.

RE: Why not WMC as backend? - hyde01 - 2013-07-17

I don't care since I only watch broadcast or QAM channels through my cable, nothing premium. I wouldn't mind trying nextpvr, is there a guide I can follow to set it up with my HDHR Dual?
Thanks!