Kodi Community Forum
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Raspberry Pi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=166)
+---- Thread: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (/showthread.php?tid=140518)

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - delinend - 2013-06-12

Here my test report, of Rbej last build (OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Rbej-Version-Gotham-Branch(10.06.2013).tar.bz2)

* Menu navigation very fast now.
* The LCDproc server, is now back in the Gotham build, and I can now use my LCD display Again, with the XBMC.lcdproc.py addon :-)
* Still problem to select the right Time zone, for some countries (ex. Danish). The time is showing in UTC/GTM.

To Popcornmix:
Regarding the video start/resume problems, I se the same problem with TS files (TransportStream container).

Thanks for all your great Works.

Best regards.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - popcornmix - 2013-06-12

(2013-06-12, 07:42)delinend Wrote: Regarding the video start/resume problems, I se the same problem with TS files (TransportStream container).

A sample would be useful.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - delinend - 2013-06-12

(2013-06-12, 07:42)delinend Wrote: Here my test report, of Rbej last build (OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Rbej-Version-Gotham-Branch(10.06.2013).tar.bz2)

* Menu navigation very fast now.
* The LCDproc server, is now back in the Gotham build, and I can now use my LCD display Again, with the XBMC.lcdproc.py addon :-)
* Still problem to select the right Time zone, for some countries (ex. Danish). The time is showing in UTC/GTM.

To Popcornmix:
Regarding the video start/resume problems, I se the same problem with TS files (TransportStream container).

Thanks for all your great Works.

Best regards.

Arr just found another thing..

I have installed a Edimax EW-7811Un, that normal works fine with OpenElec 3.0.5. But I can't get it to work, in Rbej build.
Under OpenElec OS settings, I have seleted "WLAN" and "wlan0", SSID and wpa2 ect. But the Wifi Network is not working: Normaly no problem in OpenElec official build.

Have tryet deleting guisettings.xml.. but no luck.

Any ideas ?

Best regards

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - Loom - 2013-06-12

The Edimax Wifi stick also didn't work for me in the last frodo builds aswell.

With official and dev builds there are no problems.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - soupboy - 2013-06-14

I'm also having this issue with both the latest Frodo and Gotham. Currently installing a dev build to see if I can fix this.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - rbej - 2013-06-14

Updated Frodo Branch

- updated OpenElec revision (13.06.2013)

- updated firmware and kernel (3.9.5)

- updated librtmp (06.06.2013)

- updated PVR add-on (08.06.2013)

- few new fixes and patches for Xbmc

- remove Cache Network Redux

- Optionally allow caching for all network streams, including those on LAN (via new advanced setting 'alwaysforcebuffer').

Please add alwaysforcebuffer=true to advencedsettings if you want cache all network streams.

http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/62496916/file.html

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - delinend - 2013-06-14

(2013-06-14, 11:46)rbej Wrote: Updated Frodo Branch

- updated OpenElec revision (13.06.2013)

- updated firmware and kernel (3.9.5)

- updated librtmp (06.06.2013)

- updated PVR add-on (08.06.2013)

- few new fixes and patches for Xbmc

- remove Cache Network Redux

- Optionally allow caching for all network streams, including those on LAN (via new advanced setting 'alwaysforcebuffer').

Please add alwaysforcebuffer=true to advencedsettings if you want cache all network streams.

http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/62496916/file.html

Thanks rbej.

It's a Frodo branch. Does it contain the new (clock) omxplayer, from popcornmix ?

Best regards.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - rbej - 2013-06-14

No. New clock is only for Gotham and NEVER will be adopted to Frodo. Too many changes in code.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - delinend - 2013-06-14

(2013-06-14, 12:09)rbej Wrote: No. New clock is only for Gotham and NEVER will be adopted to Frodo. Too many changes in code.

Okay.. Thanks rbej.

I just tryed you new Frodo Branch, and the first I see, is that there is a NTP failt. The date and time, is not updating. All Networks is okay.
I updated from Openelec 3.0.5 official...

But I'll stay at you Gotham test Branch, because of the new omxplayer from popcornmix. It works great, but with minor errors :-)
I'm looking forward, to test the Next rbej-Gothan Branch from you, with the last fixes from popcornmix.

Thanks for all you work.

Best regards.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - o2ri - 2013-06-15

does anybody knows if the edimax 7811 is supported in the new build .
wasnt on 10/06 one.

Rbej , great work .

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - kataiba - 2013-06-15

I tried last night and the edimax 7811 wasnt working for me.

(2013-06-14, 12:28)delinend Wrote:
(2013-06-14, 12:09)rbej Wrote: No. New clock is only for Gotham and NEVER will be adopted to Frodo. Too many changes in code.

Okay.. Thanks rbej.

I just tryed you new Frodo Branch, and the first I see, is that there is a NTP failt. The date and time, is not updating. All Networks is okay.
I updated from Openelec 3.0.5 official...

But I'll stay at you Gotham test Branch, because of the new omxplayer from popcornmix. It works great, but with minor errors :-)
I'm looking forward, to test the Next rbej-Gothan Branch from you, with the last fixes from popcornmix.

Thanks for all you work.

Best regards.

I've sorted the Time and Date fail by adding this:

#!/bin/sh
(sleep 30; \
/usr/sbin/ntpdate pool.ntp.org; \
)&

to autostart.sh

More on how to create update.sh here

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - Milhouse - 2013-06-15

(2013-06-15, 20:12)kataiba Wrote: I've sorted the Time and Date fail by adding this:

#!/bin/sh
(sleep 30; \
/usr/sbin/ntpdate pool.ntp.org; \
)&

to autostart.sh

More on how to create update.sh here

Rather than wait a fixed amount of time and hope it's long enough (which also requires you to fork a sub-process), the following autostart.sh is a better alternative when waiting for the network to come up...

Code:
#!/bin/sh
# Wait for the network to come up...
while [ -z "$(connmanctl state | grep State | grep -E "ready|online")" ]; do sleep 0.25; done; logger -t "$(basename $0)" "** Network is up **"

/usr/sbin/ntpdate pool.ntp.org

Thanks your one's better

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - kraades - 2013-06-15

OpenELEC 3.0.6.
I seem to have issues with the Power Off all of a sudden?
Power Off now only restarts XBMC. At the the first you try it.
Sounds familiar?