Kodi Community Forum
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Raspberry Pi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=166)
+---- Thread: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (/showthread.php?tid=140518)

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - PeaceMkr - 2013-06-25

in the latest release ive found a bug in epg-osd. When you have a stream running and opening the osd-epg and push down-button the first key is always up + enter.. it always starts playing the channel above the one thats already running.. thats a bug thats kinda new to me... it worked right all time before..

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - Jönke - 2013-06-25

I just made a ticket: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14469

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - rbej - 2013-06-25

Updated Gotham Branch

- updated firmware (signal aspect ratio change in stream, allow the volume to go above 100%)

- updated new clock for OmxPlayer

http://www71.zippyshare.com/v/46312193/file.html

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - delinend - 2013-06-26

(2013-06-25, 21:26)rbej Wrote: Updated Gotham Branch

- updated firmware (signal aspect ratio change in stream, allow the volume to go above 100%)

Thanks rbej.

This build works for me.

Just discovered and old issue from Frodo, now also is solved with the new clock for OmxPlayer....
In Frodo, not all thumbnails images, is auto-generated from mp4, mkv ect... Offen only 50% of all movies, shows thumbnail images. With the new clock for OmxPlayer, this Works now. Great Big Grin

Best regards.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - Koloss - 2013-06-26

My Test, Movie Starttime:
12GB File via SMB-Share:

Openelec 3.0.6: 7 seconds
Openelec Alpha Version from Yesterday: 14 seconds

Same overclocking values(Medium)!

(2013-06-26, 09:33)Koloss Wrote: My Test, Movie Starttime:
12GB File via SMB-Share:

Yes Koloss.

I also see long starttime (Working), when I start a movie (ISO, MKV WMV). Maybe it's the cost of all the great Omxplayer fixes ?

Best regards.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - Vimes - 2013-06-26

(2013-06-26, 09:40)delinend Wrote:
12GB File via SMB-Share:

Yes Koloss.

I also see long starttime (Working), when I start a movie (ISO, MKV WMV). Maybe it's the cost of all the great Omxplayer fixes ?

Best regards.

How strange that it can work differently for each of us. As I see...

Both versions overclocked "Medium (900mhz)"
Both using Class 10 SD Cards. The Official version Sandisk Extreme 16GB Class 10. This test build of Gotham using a Transcend 8GB Class 10.
Both sharing via SMB from a Server.

OpenElec build 3.1.0

After start up and no activity I started two 1080p (large bitrate) movies and they took around 7 seconds each. Jumping forward in the films, around 10 minutes, took a few seconds to buffer up and playback.

OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel-20130624082910-r14131

After the same type of start up I found that each of the above films took less than 4 seconds to start up. Jumping forward was almost immediate with no display of "buffering".

So in the small test that I did it seems that the Gothem build I used was far more responsive. I just hope that continues. Not sure why there was so much of a difference and why it was in favour of the Gotham build, but it does seem good Smile

(2013-06-26, 10:31)Vimes Wrote:
(2013-06-26, 09:40)delinend Wrote:
12GB File via SMB-Share:

Yes Koloss.

Best regards.

How strange that it can work differently for each of us. As I see...

Both versions overclocked "Medium (900mhz)"
Both using Class 10 SD Cards. The Official version Sandisk Extreme 16GB Class 10. This test build of Gotham using a Transcend 8GB Class 10.
Both sharing via SMB from a Server.

OpenElec build 3.1.0

After start up and no activity I started two 1080p (large bitrate) movies and they took around 7 seconds each. Jumping forward in the films, around 10 minutes, took a few seconds to buffer up and playback.

OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel-20130624082910-r14131

After the same type of start up I found that each of the above films took less than 4 seconds to start up. Jumping forward was almost immediate with no display of "buffering".

So in the small test that I did it seems that the Gothem build I used was far more responsive. I just hope that continues. Not sure why there was so much of a difference and why it was in favour of the Gotham build, but it does seem good Smile

Hi Vimes.

What movie container have you tested with ?

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - Vimes - 2013-06-26

Each of the above were tested with mkv files.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - rbej - 2013-06-26

Gotham open mkv files much quick that Frodo, but Frodo open avi files quick that Gotham.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - popcornmix - 2013-06-26

(2013-06-26, 09:40)delinend Wrote: I also see long starttime (Working), when I start a movie (ISO, MKV WMV). Maybe it's the cost of all the great Omxplayer fixes ?

In current version, we buffer when audio or video fifo (to gpu) is less than 0.1s and resume when both are greater than 0.2s.

That should be very quick when starting/seeking, but it doesn't give much protection against underrunning when file is high bitrate.

So, whenever we underrun, the 0.2s threshold is doubled. This can double multiple times until the limit becomes the whole buffer.

The latest code uses bigger buffers on a 512M board than a 256M board, so it can require up to 8 seconds of data buffered before it resumes (after start/seek).

The old code used 1.5s as a fixed theshold on audio only (video wasn't considered).

So, the new scheme may be quicker, and may be slower.
Ideally there would be a switch/advanced setting that said "optimise for quick seek" or "optimise to avoid buffering" and set the threshold differently.
However xbmc devs are very resistant to new settings.

I think I'll limit the threshold to a couple of seconds, and possibly have a mechanism for the thresold to reduce if you haven't buffered for a while.

Hmmm...

I see somthing strange..

* If I navigate into a folder with one or more ISO movies, and press play, it can take up to 14 sek. to start (Working in the lower right corner).
* If I navigate into a folder with one or more ISO movies...... and WAIT 10 sek. before I press play on one movie, then the movie starts in 2-3 sec.
* If I stay in the same folder, and stop the movie and start it again or another ISO, it starts in 2-3 sec.

I think XBMC is working in the folder in some how. Collecting Total movie lenght, thumbnails etc., when arriving into a new folder.

Maybe it is not an Omxplayer problem... ?

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - popcornmix - 2013-06-26

(2013-06-26, 14:15)delinend Wrote: Hmmm...

I see somthing strange..

* If I navigate into a folder with one or more ISO movies, and press play, it can take up to 14 sek. to start (Working in the lower right corner).
* If I navigate into a folder with one or more ISO movies...... and WAIT 10 sek. before I press play on one movie, then the movie starts in 2-3 sec.
* If I stay in the same folder, and stop the movie and start it again or another ISO, it starts in 2-3 sec.

I think XBMC is working in the folder in some how. Collecting Total movie lenght, thumbnails etc., when arriving into a new folder.

Turn off "Extract thumbnail and video information" (everyone should do this)
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Settings/Videos

any different?

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - schub - 2013-06-26

(2013-06-25, 21:26)rbej Wrote: Updated Gotham Branch

Hi rbej,

i tested your last version. Telext ist Fullscreen and aspect ratio within Live-TV does always work.
But in this version(20130625211434) and in version(20130625083407) these problems when switchinh Live-TV channels.
Sometimes it works with 1-3s switching time, but sometimes i can see the buffering popup disappearing,
and then a black screen for up to 15 seconds or more before the Live-TV starts. Sometimes the channel stays black.
This all happens on SD Channels.

With the version from 2013-06-17 i dont see such problems, channel switching does always work with 1-3 seconds,
and aspect ratio is wrong only for the first channel, the following channels were correct. The only drawback with 2013-06-17
is the wrong scaling of Teletext.

Thank you and popcornmix for your work.

Best Regards

(2013-06-26, 14:17)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-06-26, 14:15)delinend Wrote: Hmmm...

I see somthing strange..

Turn off "Extract thumbnail and video information" (everyone should do this)
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Settings/Videos

any different?

Wow !!! Yes, this Works. Rofl

Now super fast starttime on all my test movies. Thanks Popcornmix, for the tip.