Kodi Community Forum
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Raspberry Pi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=166)
+---- Thread: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (/showthread.php?tid=140518)

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - Wanderlei - 2012-11-26

What revision number is OpenELEC 3.0 (Beta 1) - 2.95.1?

I assume the beta release are picked from the best of the development builds?

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - fma965 - 2012-11-26

(2012-11-26, 18:45)Wanderlei Wrote: What revision number is OpenELEC 3.0 (Beta 1) - 2.95.1?

I assume the beta release are picked from the best of the development builds?

Installing the beta now will let you know when installed.

Latest Nightly = r12577

Updating to Beta now!

New Version = Beta-1

So it doesn't have a revision number so i presume its the latest released nightly (maybe with some small tweaks)

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - tuxen - 2012-11-26

The how to says OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel-20120606162014-r11258.tar.bz2

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - tuxen - 2012-11-26

From the download page:

-
Raspberry Pi Builds
The RaspberryPi build (RPi) is *a build based on the ARM architecture to run on Raspberry Pi only. See our wiki for special installation instructions.

OpenELEC 3.0 (Beta 1) -*2.95.1 - arm (83 MB) MD5

Official Daily Builds
These are official development builds provided for people to test specific new features when there have been significant changes in the source code. They are not produced automatically so sometimes they are nightly, sometimes they are daily, and sometimes a week or more may pass between updates. Development builds are the very latest code but are likely to be unstable in a range of areas. Unless you have been specifically directed to test an image by a staff member of the project we would prefer you to use an OpenELEC "stable" release.

Official Daily Builds=http://sources.openelec.tv/tmp/image/
-

The latter is what we roll with here right. So aren't we just going backwards with official?
More stable maybe but this is a test build thread so b2 is likely to be grabbed later. Remember the release post (something between b1 and b2)

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - tuxen - 2012-11-27

Sound seems to lag 200ms with all material in r12577 subtle but I'm sure.

Edit: noram parameter seems to change in the beginning but as system loads it's the same. Really weird!

Other thing i can report back is I can really feel a difference in speed with the ram disk bringing up the GUI while playing a movie just adjusting the sound there's a big difference in speed. Or backing out and browsing around while a movie is playing. All in all much more responsive.

Boot time is just about the same maybe faster with noram but then you can feel the system isn't fully loaded again longer than usual. I prefer the ramdisk because of this and the especially the above.

I will continue to investigate but it would be nice if others could please look into weird the sound lag so we could confirm it. I examined it pretty through with doors slamming, punches etc. I'm a bit of a audiophile. Had some trouble how to explain it with that behavior.

I ofcause know how to work around it but something weird is happening. Only tried 512MB board.

Sorry for all the edits I'm not native and I'm trying to explain the best I can.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - Ned Scott - 2012-11-27

Unlike last year, we're still doing nightly builds in addition to beta builds. So nightly builds are Beta1+ bug fixes leading to Beta2. Because of that, nightlies will now actually be the most stable builds.

(2012-11-27, 03:25)Ned Scott Wrote: Unlike last year, we're still doing nightly builds in addition to beta builds. So nightly builds are Beta1+ bug fixes leading to Beta2. Because of that, nightlies will now actually be the most stable builds.

Thanks for clearing that up. (:

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - SFX Group - 2012-11-27

As this v3 doesnt say "pvr" does that mean i can load my own NextPVR add-on and get it working or has the whole PVR section gone even if i load the PVR client add-on?

Not able to get it working in the current build (even with PVR in it).

http://xbmc.org/ pvr is part of frodo. I don't think everything can be made in a couple of builds it's moving fast but I also believe its quite early. Wink

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - tfft - 2012-11-27

Hi, I've been using 'r12586' (from openelec.thestateofme.com - I wish there was a changelog file of some sort to know what has been touched/changed between the various revisions) and see a number of seemingly random xbmc reboots (most occur while streaming online videos - 720 and SD). I'm on stock hardware (no overclocking, etc) if that matters (fully realize this is as vague as it gets and thus my questions below).

What is the best way to report back findings - is there a particular log file that would be helpful to developers, should I enable some flags, disable something, etc (prefered location to upload files/logs ?). In short, what do I need to do (is there a wiki that talks about this ?) to help debug this effort and how best to contribute.

Thanks.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - Trixster - 2012-11-27

Is there any way to get the ProjectM visualisation working on the Pi?

Sorry, just realised this is not relevant to this thread, please delete.

Am I wrong if I say this thread fits these releases when we talk: http://sources.openelec.tv/tmp/image/
And thestateofme is more personal compiles not directly part of OE?

Therefore there are some release notes here about what to pay attention to/report back when there is a release, and the rest is up to oneself.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - tfft - 2012-11-27

(2012-11-24, 22:14)tfft Wrote: I have some observations on AirPlay. Everything seems OK for 720p or lower but if you attempt to view 1080p content (I'm streaming from an iPad-2 and/or iPhone-4) its extremely slow and is simply not usable/watchable.

I've further tried AirPlay on a friend's board - same issue. A couple of questions,

1. Is there anyway to know if this is an XBMC issue or openELEC/Rpi specific ? Meaning, who is best positioned to know what is happening ?
2. Is this the right sub-forum to note this info ? If not do please direct me to where to pursue this topic.

Very willing to debug/help & report back...

Kind Regards.

I have some more reports on the ram disk: I tested it hard now with multitasking and the speed is amazing when you use the r-pi for doing things at the same time. I have vsync on though and that also gives a lot of over head I get 82fps in the info screen without it so limiting it to 60HZ/fps ofcause frees CPU. I ofcause tried without vsync and the GUI is still real smooth using it when jumping around between things and a movie is playing, a library is scanning, or a addon is "thinking".

When noram is used is like the system slowly gets loaded into ram allocating more gpu mem seems to make the system roughly the same after using it for a while though?

I still have a issue with audio lagging 200ms most people do not notice it but it's there for me. I do not know if it happens on 128MB boards.have not heard any reports though. Please help test!

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - popcornmix - 2012-11-27

(2012-11-27, 17:04)tuxen Wrote: I still have a issue with audio lagging 200ms most people do not notice it but it's there for me. I do not know if it happens on 128MB boards.have not heard any reports though. Please help test!

Almost certainly your receiver. Try with analogue audio to rule that out.

You can select audio offset when playing a video and then select apply to all videos.