Kodi Community Forum
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Raspberry Pi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=166)
+---- Thread: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (/showthread.php?tid=140518)

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - rduke - 2012-12-29

I'm having an issue with playing music on build r12777 and r12788. It plays the first track and then just hangs, regardless of codec (MP3, AAC, FLAC). Log throws a few FATALs at me. Tried it on my 512MB and 256MB Pi (on the latter with a fresh install). Build was made clean with empty ccache so I can exclude that. Here's xbmc.log: http://pastebin.com/1mAhyu0k . Anybody else experiencing something similar?

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - ntadej - 2012-12-29

Mine doesn't hang, but I can't play other tracks anymore.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - rbej - 2012-12-30

OpenElec Official Build r12796

- new build Xbmc with few fixes for Rpi

- new kernel patches

http://netload.in/dateiRGFNE9hYMK/OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel-20121229233817-r12796.tar.bz2.htm

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - Goobie - 2012-12-30

Hi,

Openelec noob here. Video resume from the last position watched is not working for me (using build R12796). What am I doing wrong?

thanks

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - mactalla - 2012-12-31

(2012-12-28, 03:15)mactalla Wrote: Skipping within the file (arrow keys) no longer work […]

Also, there seems to be a regression while playing audio. Playing the first file works fine, but advancing to the next fails. […] I see a lot of these in the log file (might be connected?):
WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
FATAL: CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Get MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
FATAL: Previous line repeats 150 times.

This is all fixed in r12796! Probably Gimli's dc8f921bfd commit. I say this is the best release yet!
(2012-12-30, 16:58)Goobie Wrote: Openelec noob here. Video resume from the last position watched is not working for me (using build R12796). What am I doing wrong?

It's working for me on the same revision. Make sure you stop the video somewhere in the middle. If it's too near the begining it will consider the file as not having played, and too near the end it will consider it as having finished (who watches credits?) If that still doesn't work, try looking at the log to see if there are any obvious complaints. Do you have differently encoded video files? I try to rip all of my disks using h264 as that seems to be the best these days (and also for the r-pi).

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - asolovyov - 2013-01-01

Interestingly, AirPlay is not fully working for me. My iPhone sees it and I can enable it and it works. But then OS X is not even seeing it. I've tried with 2.95.6 and r12801.

Before that I've tried with raspbian and shairport directly (without using XBMC) and it worked.

Any ideas how can I find out what is going on? I don't see how can I determine why OS X is not showing Airplay to me. I see it in Bonjour Browser by the way.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - mcarni - 2013-01-01

(2012-12-31, 21:54)mactalla Wrote: Skipping within the file (arrow keys) no longer work […]

This is all fixed in r12796! Probably Gimli's dc8f921bfd commit. I say this is the best release yet!

@ Mactalla, could you confirm that skipping within a video file using the right and left arrow works for you?
I haven't tested it on all my video files but on our most watched 720p mkv file skipping is not working...

Thanks

a lot

m

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - mactalla - 2013-01-01

(2013-01-01, 21:47)mcarni Wrote: @ Mactalla, could you confirm that skipping within a video file using the right and left arrow works for you?
I haven't tested it on all my video files but on our most watched 720p mkv file skipping is not working...

Left/right (30s) and Up/down (10m) all work on my 720p x264 mkv and old SD xvid videos that I've tested.
Check your log (~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log) for any clues. Did it work for you in a previous build? Also test it immediately after a reboot.

well... I learned something also today....
I didn't know about the up/down arrow.

In the past, I would say up to beta 3, (I can restore some backup OE version to make sure, but I will not make it tonight) I could keep the right arrow pressed to skip big chunks of movies
Basically with the right arrow pressed, I could see the cursor moving ahead in time, releasing the right arrow would have dropped me to the point where I needed to be..

I am not sure if I can explain this better, let me try with an example.

My kid enjoys the beginning and the final race of cars 2, so what we used to do was to watch the beginning and then keep pressed the right arrow until when the time cursor said 1h25min, then release the button and start watching again the movie. This operation was kind of smooth and easy, no buffering nor seeking. Some OE releases felt faster but generally it was a good solution to watch cars2 in less than half an hour.

After some testing, I would say that actually up/down and left/right work, but now all the skipping through the file (left/right & up/down) give me a lot of buffering/seeking.

I tested after a reboot and looked at the log but I cannot find anything wrong.
http://pastebin.com/fR0YATMt

Please let me know if I am doing something silly or if there is anything I can do to get to skip through chunks of movies...

Thanks

m

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - Milhouse - 2013-01-01

You could always tap in 12500 OK/Select and jump straight there...

(2013-01-01, 23:02)MilhouseVH Wrote: You could always tap in 12500 OK/Select and jump straight there...

well... I feel a little bit... a lot ... embarrassed.... i didn't know also about this...

still, for my understanding, would like to understand if there is any reason for the buffering/seeking while skipping..
or if i can change any setting to improve skipping...

but punching in 12500 is working extremely well... thanks!

Thanks

m

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - mactalla - 2013-01-02

(2013-01-01, 22:45)mcarni Wrote: After some testing, I would say that actually up/down and left/right work, but now all the skipping through the file (left/right & up/down) give me a lot of buffering/seeking.
I also get the buffering when skipping that didn't exist in previous versions. I don't do a lot of skipping so this hasn't bothered me. But yes this is a regression and is not specific to your setup.

(2013-01-01, 23:14)mcarni Wrote:
(2013-01-01, 23:02)MilhouseVH Wrote: You could always tap in 12500 OK/Select and jump straight there...

well... I feel a little bit... a lot ... embarrassed.... i didn't know also about this...
Don't feel bad. This is news to me, too. And I'm sure there are many more features for me to yet discover.

OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - DrowningApe - 2013-01-02

I haven't been seeing the grey smearing screen until reference frame when jumping, so I assume the buffering is the player jumping ahead to the next reference frame.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - mcarni - 2013-01-02

OK Thanks a lot,
if the buffer issue gets solved good, otherwise tapping in the number will do.

@mactalla, my 2013's resolution: study xbmc wiki and master the "less known" features...

Thanks

M

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - Trixster - 2013-01-03

Well, the latest few versions of openelec (currently using 12806) have knackered 1080p content for me which previously ran perfectly fine on my 512mb Pi. Every now and again there is a slight pause or hip-cup or brief period of buffering which lasts perhaps half a second. It can't be predicted when it will happen but it's usually around fast moving scenes. I haven't changed any settings recently or altered my network configuration. 1080p 5.1 DTS files have, up until recent builds (perhaps since 12737 or thereabouts), run without issue with my 1ghz overclock.

Any idea as to why this has now changed? Perhaps something to do with the latest pi firmware or the changes which have been made to stabilise xbmc for 256mb pi's? Ill be going back to a release from a few weeks ago where everything worked fine until this is resolved.