Kodi Community Forum
Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU) (/showthread.php?tid=140534)

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - Dougie Fresh - 2013-09-04

Yep, no DTS/DD from SPDIF from Panasonic TVs at last check as a passthrough. If you use the TV's internal tuner or smart apps it will but not from a source outside the TV.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - jammyb - 2013-09-04

http://uk.hardware.info/news/36851/intel-showcases-new-nuc-with-core-i5-haswell-4250u

Late October for new NUCsHuh

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - Platypus2 - 2013-09-04

Quite possibly, it's definitely going to be October, but anymore than that is just a guess.

Most articles agree, we will find out (hopefully a lot) more next week at the intel show (IDF) in san francisco.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - verismo - 2013-09-05

(2013-09-04, 12:52)jammyb Wrote: Ooooh flirc. On show or hiding it inside the NUC?

in one of the rear ports at the back, not getting great responsiveness right now, gotta fix it. Currently talking with flirc to get a solution.

Anyhow, does anyone know a manufacturer that would do custom remotes?

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - nickr - 2013-09-05

Does't the flirc work on IR? Hiding it out the back seems a bad idea...

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - jammyb - 2013-09-05

(2013-09-05, 02:50)verismo Wrote:
(2013-09-04, 12:52)jammyb Wrote: Ooooh flirc. On show or hiding it inside the NUC?

in one of the rear ports at the back, not getting great responsiveness right now, gotta fix it. Currently talking with flirc to get a solution.

(2013-09-05, 05:15)nickr Wrote: Does't the flirc work on IR? Hiding it out the back seems a bad idea...

Agreed! You got a mini USB extension cable you can put on it to bring to the front and try?

(2013-09-05, 05:48)jammyb Wrote:
(2013-09-05, 02:50)verismo Wrote:

(2013-09-05, 05:15)nickr Wrote: Does't the flirc work on IR? Hiding it out the back seems a bad idea...

Agreed! You got a mini USB extension cable you can put on it to bring to the front and try?

i'm looking into putting it inside the case, need to contact intel to get another board

also, do you use the semi transparent light dims? I used my blackout ones but i stopped because i wasn't getting a good response
Thanks

Mine weren't full blackout.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - lazzar - 2013-09-05

Has anyone heard if they will do full power on/off (S5) from IR??

(2013-09-05, 08:44)jammyb Wrote: Mine weren't full blackout.

ah okay, are you experiencing any problems with simerec? It's either the simerec or the tv is what i've narrowed it down to

Sometimes when i on the nuc, the hdmi isn't recognized because my tv says no signal, but if i turn off / on the tv, it shows the display

not sure if its a tv problem or the simerec, but i've tried manually on-ing and offing the tv and htpc but there are no problems then

(2013-09-05, 09:02)lazzar Wrote: Has anyone heard if they will do full power on/off (S5) from IR??

Nope. Not till they are released.

(2013-09-05, 09:15)verismo Wrote:

ah okay, are you experiencing any problems with simerec? It's either the simerec or the tv is what i've narrowed it down to

Sometimes when i on the nuc, the hdmi isn't recognized because my tv says no signal, but if i turn off / on the tv, it shows the display

not sure if its a tv problem or the simerec, but i've tried manually on-ing and offing the tv and htpc but there are no problems then

I have zero HDMI picture or handshake problems, IR, on/off by remote or any other issues. It works perfectly.

The only thing I have to remember is to aim the remote at the NUC and not the telly lol.

Works fine over my HDMI IR magic eye too from bedroom.

Is the simerec eye totally visible from the hole? You remember in mine I had it flush. Could be chassis interference if not fully showing.

Well, i have the simerec pressed against the case with tape on it, you can't feel the simerec from the outside of the case but it is visible, i'm assuming you can't have it flush against the outside unless you cut the small square piece of the back of the ir

Plus, the blue light on the top of the nuc comes on, but sometimes when i on it, my tv says no signal even though the computer is on. weird. Need to figure this out!!

edit: @jammyb, does your tv and the nuc turn on at the exact same time? I think that might be my issue

thanks anyway

Doesn't matter the order I switch on. I have an HDMI matrix box distributing freesat, ps3 and 2 xbmc boxes [revo and NUC] to two tellies. I can switch around and regardless of order I switch on I get correct picture/resolution.

Try the other HDMI port. Mines in the one closest to the power. [i think! Lol]

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - aesalazar - 2013-09-05

(2013-09-05, 09:15)verismo Wrote:

I have had similar problems with my NUC. If I wake it from sleep first it seems the edid handshake does not work correctly. Like you have found, rebooting it seems to clear it up. My situation is a little different in that the nuc is going through a hdmi swtich which can "fake" an EDID so I had to program the system to set that fake edid in the switch first before waking the PC.

See, this is why I don't do sleep/hibernate. No matter how perfect it is programmed. HDMI handshaking is a nightmare!