Kodi Community Forum
Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU) (/showthread.php?tid=140534)

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - lazzar - 2013-09-05

any firm dates on when the haswell models are to be released.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - verismo - 2013-09-05

hmm, i tried 2 hdmi cables and the issue was still there, but i tried a third one and the issue appears to be gone.

Bought another one from amazon to confirm it's the hdmi cable, hopefully it is the hdmi cable.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - Platypus2 - 2013-09-05

(2013-09-05, 13:52)lazzar Wrote: any firm dates on when the haswell models are to be released.

Not yet, expect to know more next week after the IDF intel show (September 10-12).

So far it's looking like sometime in October but no firm date.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - Bmul - 2013-09-05

SilverStone Petit PT14 case

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=437&area=en&tid=

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - jammyb - 2013-09-05

(2013-09-04, 21:49)jammyb Wrote: http://uk.hardware.info/news/36851/intel-showcases-new-nuc-with-core-i5-haswell-4250u

Late October for new NUCsHuh

(2013-09-05, 13:52)lazzar Wrote: any firm dates on when the haswell models are to be released.

You're obviously not reading the thread much. Wink

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - Dougie Fresh - 2013-09-05

Wait, when are they coming out?

Wink

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - Crssi - 2013-09-05

Who or what is comming out? Smile

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - jammyb - 2013-09-05

(2013-09-05, 20:25)Crssi Wrote: Who or what is comming out? Smile

GUILTY!!!

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - Dougie Fresh - 2013-09-05

I think they aren't coming out until after the Winter Olympics.

Wink

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - bharath23 - 2013-09-05

I am wondering what are the chances of an i7 based Intel NUC that has GT3e integrated graphics. That would make a really sweet htpc. If not intel may be one of the OEMs like Gigabyte BRIX releases it.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - DaveNinja - 2013-09-05

I finally ordered my celeron nuc. I figure there wont be anything new in its price range and i need something to replace my failing boxee box now.

quick question:
If i set up openelec on the NUC using a USB thumbdrive and later want to switch to an SSD, can i just copy over the set up from the thumb drive to the SSD and be good to go?

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - verismo - 2013-09-05

(2013-09-05, 14:37)verismo Wrote: hmm, i tried 2 hdmi cables and the issue was still there, but i tried a third one and the issue appears to be gone.

Bought another one from amazon to confirm it's the hdmi cable, hopefully it is the hdmi cable.

damn, third cable finally said the same thing.

Which means its either the TV or the sequence / time the htpc is being on.

Will narrow it down soon.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - Raytestrak - 2013-09-06

(2013-09-05, 23:30)verismo Wrote:
(2013-09-05, 14:37)verismo Wrote: hmm, i tried 2 hdmi cables and the issue was still there, but i tried a third one and the issue appears to be gone.

To avoid network problems that were in OpenElec in the past, I reboot my NUC when it resumes from sleep. It's so fast I only see the XMBC splash screen or the Aeon Nox logo when the TV is ready. I don't know whether the netwerk issue is solved, but this guarantees a working setup for me and I don't mind the 2 second wait. This would almost certainly fix your handshake issue too.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - verismo - 2013-09-06

(2013-09-06, 07:50)Raytestrak Wrote:
(2013-09-05, 23:30)verismo Wrote:

To avoid network problems that were in OpenElec in the past, I reboot my NUC when it resumes from sleep. It's so fast I only see the XMBC splash screen or the Aeon Nox logo when the TV is ready. I don't know whether the netwerk issue is solved, but this guarantees a working setup for me and I don't mind the 2 second wait. This would almost certainly fix your handshake issue too.

i''m not sure i understand, i'm getting the issue when i boot from the s5 state, using simerec

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - Raytestrak - 2013-09-06

(2013-09-06, 09:12)verismo Wrote: i''m not sure i understand, i'm getting the issue when i boot from the s5 state, using simerec

My bad, I thought you were having issues with S3 and resuming from sleep.