Kodi Community Forum
Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU) (/showthread.php?tid=140534)

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities (Sandy/Ivy Bridge) - joelbaby - 2013-09-25

(2013-09-24, 22:37)smallclone Wrote: Its an amp not a stb but I'll try and move it.

Amps generate a ton of heat ... especially if playing loud music. Definitely move it off there. The fan in the celeron won't be able to cool down the htpc because you've got the amp underneath ... hence the noise. amps don't usually have fans either so the heat radiates up. It isn't a case of "i'll try" ... you "must" move it or you will cremate you new htpc.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities (Sandy/Ivy Bridge) - Legion455 - 2013-09-27

Anyone hook up a DTS Soundbar to your NUC?
I did nd I'm needing some help ...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174398

I started a thread over in the help section,... but if some of you NUC boys can help, I sure would appreciate it.

thanks
Legion

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities (Sandy/Ivy Bridge) - Legion455 - 2013-09-28

I finally got the LG Soundbar working.

1. go to the service menu, Audio Output, .. and change "Analog" to "HDMI".
2. All other options on that page should be off!!! ... because normally , your TV cannot process Dolby, DTS, etc, etc,,,
(If you turn on one of the audio options, your tv will stutter, and framerate will go to 4FPS, with no audio)
3. Then go to bottom option on that page and make sure the passthru is set correctly.

4. Do all this assuming you have a soundbar that can process Dolby and DTS 2.0, etc... If your soundbar is the el cheapo deluxe model (no DTS, Dolby), then just select ANALOG for the Audio Output.

The above worked for me,... my soundbar has Optical inputs only,.. so the setup could be different if your soundbar has HDMI in and out.
My TV: LG 65LW6500 Soundbar: LG NB3530A

Legion

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities (Sandy/Ivy Bridge) - Ayala - 2013-09-30

after setting up an i3 NUC with an msata and 4GBs of memory (no wifi module) I find it to be quite a descent setup only I thought this machine would handle all my needs but it appears that some files are too much too process.

As of now its chocking with a 40GB remux containing DTS-HD MA audio (it buffers continuously) I have't had the time to properly troubleshoot but my network is a wired gigabit.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities (Sandy/Ivy Bridge) - noggin - 2013-09-30

Are you running Linux or Windows?

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities (Sandy/Ivy Bridge) - Ayala - 2013-09-30

(2013-09-30, 01:54)noggin Wrote: Are you running Linux or Windows?

openelec (linux)

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities (Sandy/Ivy Bridge) - fritsch - 2013-09-30

Make sure to run at least OpenELEC 3.2.0 - we have included this patch here: http://www.spinics.net/lists/stable/msg18772.html

Also check the following settings in your AVR:
Quote:Audio TV Out - Off
TV Control - Off
HDMI Control - Off
Audio Output - AMP

Make triple sure, that your AVR is enabled before you start xbmc. Without it, the ELD handshake will fail. Also post your xbmc.log that shows the alsa enumeration at the start.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities (Sandy/Ivy Bridge) - tmarkr - 2013-10-01

Hi,

I'm looking for my first media player solution, and an NUC build looks like the best solution. I've done a bit of searching and as far as I can see it does everything I want (and more). However, it would be nice to get confirmation that the following functions work well, before splashing out my hard earned money on an i5 Haswell NUC, with Windows & xbmc.

- use xbmc to play films from my NAS (many of which are ISO's)
- use netflix (hence need for windows o/s)
- stream spotify as well as web/app based video from ipad using airplay support with xbmc
- it's possible to fix some control via harmony remote
- I'm assuming surround will work via my existing receiver via hdmi

I'm hoping the answer to all these is "yes" Big Grin
Thanks

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities (Sandy/Ivy Bridge) - jammyb - 2013-10-01

(2013-10-01, 14:09)tmarkr Wrote: Hi,

I'm looking for my first media player solution, and an NUC build looks like the best solution. I've done a bit of searching and as far as I can see it does everything I want (and more). However, it would be nice to get confirmation that the following functions work well, before splashing out my hard earned money on an i5 Haswell NUC, with Windows & xbmc.

- stream spotify as well as web/app based video from ipad using airplay support with xbmc

I'm hoping the answer to all these is "yes" :grin:
Thanks

Unfortunately due to your lack of reading previous pages and/or searching this thread. No one can provide you an answer. :P

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities (Sandy/Ivy Bridge) - tmarkr - 2013-10-01

(2013-10-01, 14:33)jammyb Wrote:

Thanks

Unfortunately due to your lack of reading previous pages and/or searching this thread. No one can provide you an answer. Tongue

excellent Blush

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities (Sandy/Ivy Bridge) - RickInHouston - 2013-10-01

(2013-10-01, 14:38)tmarkr Wrote:

Thanks

Unfortunately due to your lack of reading previous pages and/or searching this thread. No one can provide you an answer. Tongue

excellent Blush

Shouldn't someone throw in 'except for the Intel graphics driver issue that has not been resolved'?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=161855

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities (Sandy/Ivy Bridge) - jammyb - 2013-10-01

(2013-10-01, 14:38)tmarkr Wrote:

Thanks

excellent Blush

The wiki [link in my sig] provides a much abridged version of this thread Wink

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities (Sandy/Ivy Bridge) - Ayala - 2013-10-01

(2013-09-30, 07:28)fritsch Wrote: Make sure to run at least OpenELEC 3.2.0 - we have included this patch here: http://www.spinics.net/lists/stable/msg18772.html

Also check the following settings in your AVR:
Quote:Audio TV Out - Off
TV Control - Off
HDMI Control - Off
Audio Output - AMP

Make triple sure, that your AVR is enabled before you start xbmc. Without it, the ELD handshake will fail. Also post your xbmc.log that shows the alsa enumeration at the start.

I'm not sure I follow correctly... I am on 3.2.0, but my AVR doesn't have all the settings you outlined and HDMI control is a must for WAF factor, I will post my log when i get home.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities (Sandy/Ivy Bridge) - Raytestrak - 2013-10-01

I don't know if anybody's interested, but I've compiled a Gotham build of OpenElec for my NUC today. No extra's, just the standard Intel x64 Gotham.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B60kvTIKu6RXejZUT085UG5wcEU/edit?usp=drive_web

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities (Sandy/Ivy Bridge) - nickr - 2013-10-01

I too have an up to date openelec gotham build (Generic). Feel free to give it a whirl

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pehdgiizam1oge9/OpenELEC_Gotham-Generic.x86_64-devel-20131001073852-r16019.tar