Kodi Community Forum
Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU) (/showthread.php?tid=140534)

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities (Sandy/Ivy Bridge) - aesalazar - 2013-10-07

noggin described pretty much how it works on my nuc. But I am not running OpenElec, I am actually running ubuntu minimal + XMBC. Similar but a little different but menu playback should be the same in either situation.

If you want perfect menu playback you might be a little disappointed. With some dics it works find while other - not so much. Doesnt really move around like it is suppose to with navigation. But that is with very a very limited number of ISOs in my collection that actually have menus. MOst of the time I strip out everything but the movie just because I never use anything besides the main menu and it saves space. So there may be other people here who can provide better feedback.

Ernie

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities (Sandy/Ivy Bridge) - noggin - 2013-10-07

(2013-10-07, 17:37)dikkiedirk Wrote: I have the 1st gen core i3 NUC. Will Openelec play DVD and BD ISOs play out of the box, or is some extra software and tweaking needed?

DVD ISOs pretty much all work - there may be some odd ones that don't but they are rare.
Blu-ray ISOs will play, and you'll be offered the option of selecting one or more tracks (usually the longest I think) directly to play, or an attempt at navigating the menus. For Movies usually the first track offered is the one to play to watch the movie. You won't get any of the clever interactive stuff, and I don't think you get the popup menus etc. You can manually select audio tracks and subtitle tracks.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities (Sandy/Ivy Bridge) - dikkiedirk - 2013-10-08

Seems I have a little issue: when playing 24p files the playback gets very choppy. Is this because I run xbmc under windows? Or will I have the same issue in Openelec?

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities (Sandy/Ivy Bridge) - nickr - 2013-10-08

It is probably quicker to install openelec to a USB stick and try it than it is to get an answer here.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities (Sandy/Ivy Bridge) - MrCrispy - 2013-10-09

I have been out of touch with recent hardware, but a quick browse on newegg makes me think the NUC + mSSD + ram is still going to be cheaper or similar cost than building your own, and will be lower power. Of course I'm not considering something like Rasperry Pi since that's a different league and the goal is to be able to run any modern skin + addons.

Is that right? My ideal HTPC would likely be an i3 version in a slightly bigger case with a optical drive.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities (Sandy/Ivy Bridge) - edge06 - 2013-10-10

Hi Guys,

I just setup my Celeron NUC with Openelec 3.2.2 and it played everything I threw at it, except Blu-Ray REMUX files. Specifically ones using the AVC codec. Granted these are 25 Mbps bitrate files.. they're pretty intense. It would play, but at a rate of about 2 fps..

I updated the NUC's BIOS to the latest, and as far as I know I'm all up to date. Is it just there isnt enough power in the celeron? Oh i've also set the graphics to use 'max memory'

Looking for your thoughts.

Thank yo!

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities (Sandy/Ivy Bridge) - fritsch - 2013-10-10

Can you retry with setting Audio Output to 2.0 and disable _all_ HDMI codecs?

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities (Sandy/Ivy Bridge) - edge06 - 2013-10-10

(2013-10-10, 18:22)fritsch Wrote: Can you retry with setting Audio Output to 2.0 and disable _all_ HDMI codecs?

Yeah I'll give that a try when I get home. I know for a fact I had all the stuff enabled.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities (Sandy/Ivy Bridge) - edge06 - 2013-10-11

(2013-10-10, 18:22)fritsch Wrote: Can you retry with setting Audio Output to 2.0 and disable _all_ HDMI codecs?

That worked!

Once I disabled all the codecs it worked flawlessly. Wow thank you so much..

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities (Sandy/Ivy Bridge) - ptoleme24 - 2013-10-11

Not sure someone talked about it but Intel released new graphic drivers that remove the artefact issues on NUC HD4000

version : 15.31.19.3293

Link

Regards

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities (Sandy/Ivy Bridge) - Crssi - 2013-10-11

Better to use vendor site for drivers Wink

64bit: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23216/a08/GFX_Win7-8_64bit_15.31.19.3293_PV.exe

32bit: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23216/a08/GFX_Win7-8_32bit_15.31.19.0.3293_PV.exe

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities (Sandy/Ivy Bridge) - dikkiedirk - 2013-10-11

(2013-10-10, 18:11)edge06 Wrote: Hi Guys,

I just setup my Celeron NUC with Openelec 3.2.2 and it played everything I threw at it, except Blu-Ray REMUX files. Specifically ones using the AVC codec. Granted these are 25 Mbps bitrate files.. they're pretty intense. It would play, but at a rate of about 2 fps..

I updated the NUC's BIOS to the latest, and as far as I know I'm all up to date. Is it just there isnt enough power in the celeron? Oh i've also set the graphics to use 'max memory'

Looking for your thoughts.

Thank yo!

Are you on a wired network? I played a BDMV movie file from A fish called Wanda Blu-Ray rip without problem. I have a core I3 NUC though. Also OE 3.2.2. Runs way better than XBMC under Win 7, which when switching to 24p would become slow and choppy.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities (Sandy/Ivy Bridge) - p750mmx - 2013-10-11

(2013-10-11, 14:24)ptoleme24 Wrote: Not sure someone talked about it but Intel released new graphic drivers that remove the artifact issues on NUC HD4000

version : 15.31.19.3293

Regards
New or latest? Release Date: September 06, 2013

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities (Sandy/Ivy Bridge) - Greddy2000 - 2013-10-11

(2013-09-23, 14:08)jammyb Wrote: In regards to Simerec. I'd hold off buying one for a tiny bit longer. [something is coming that is awesome, all will be revealed in a couple weeks] it'll make simerec/NUC installation a lot easier than when I did it.

Secondly. Buy a USB hub. You're drawing all that equipment off the NUC ports and wondering why it's messing up.

Any news about this? I am curious.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities (Sandy/Ivy Bridge) - jammyb - 2013-10-11

None to report yet. Next week hopefully there will be. You won't miss it!