Kodi Community Forum
Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU) (/showthread.php?tid=140534)

Re: Intel NUC - HTPC (Sandy/Ivy Bridge 2012 edition) - warlock09 - 2014-01-25

Any of u guys here have an idea of how this machine will run for xbmc and windows..i might be in the wrong thread asking this but just wanted an input from u guys here..im tempted to get one bcoz of the priceHuhthanks...

http://www.tranquilpcshop.co.uk/dn2820fykh/

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Sandy/Ivy Bridge 2012 edition) - smallclone - 2014-01-26

(2014-01-20, 23:07)smallclone Wrote: Ok, so here goes. I've noticed that it sometimes happens when I watch a youtube video or connect to internet. So this is what I did in the log below. I then tried to access a drive on my network and it hung for about 3 or 4 minutes.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=113475

Nuc celeron, openelec latest version. I'm wired to my router via ethernet cable.

Updated log. Video file goes choppy and stalls after waking up from standby. Advice appreciated:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=116180

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Sandy/Ivy Bridge 2012 edition) - smallclone - 2014-01-29

I'm afraid I'm going to have to bump this ^

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Sandy/Ivy Bridge 2012 edition) - omarko - 2014-02-01

hi all, quick question.

I just ordered the Logitech Harmony touch remote control.

currently I am using the HP RC6 remote and receiver with my DC3217IYE and I used the xbmc tweaks to keyboard xml and registry so its working perfectly.

If anyone has gone through this process, what did you setup your Intel NUC as in the Harmony software setup ? I basically want to use the Harmony remote with the HP receiver and the remote to have same functionality as the HP RC6 remote.Do I need to teach the Harmony remote all the presses from the HP remote?

Hope that makes sense.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Sandy/Ivy Bridge 2012 edition) - jammyb - 2014-02-01

(2014-02-01, 23:23)omarko Wrote: hi all, quick question.

I just ordered the Logitech Harmony touch remote control.

currently I am using the HP RC6 remote and receiver with my DC3217IYE and I used the xbmc tweaks to keyboard xml and registry so its working perfectly.

If anyone has gone through this process, what did you setup your Intel NUC as in the Harmony software setup ? I basically want to use the Harmony remote with the HP receiver and the remote to have same functionality as the HP RC6 remote.Do I need to teach the Harmony remote all the presses from the HP remote?

Hope that makes sense.

Windows media center remote.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Sandy/Ivy Bridge 2012 edition) - omarko - 2014-02-02

(2014-02-01, 23:59)jammyb Wrote: Windows media center remote.

thanks but can you be more specific? what do I add the device as ? as a computer ? if yes, what do I select under manufacturer ? confused. HuhHuhHuh

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Sandy/Ivy Bridge 2012 edition) - p750mmx - 2014-02-02

Microsoft?

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Sandy/Ivy Bridge 2012 edition) - omarko - 2014-02-02

and what model do I type in ?

Windows media center remote

Huh? will that work ?

there just isnt an option to set up a remote control as a device. thats what is confusing.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Sandy/Ivy Bridge 2012 edition) - King Krish - 2014-02-02

I have setup my NUC 3217BY, but have some overheating issues which kept crashing the box, which i understand are quite common in these units, I have turned the fan setting up to 70%, any other not too technical solutions to fixing this? Also I have the model which wiki says has no internal USB header, is this gonna b a problem?

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Sandy/Ivy Bridge 2012 edition) - discordian666 - 2014-02-02

Perhaps you could look into getting a custom case that has better cooling, or maybe a usb fan and attach it to the box?

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Sandy/Ivy Bridge 2012 edition) - jammyb - 2014-02-02

(2014-02-02, 01:22)omarko Wrote:
(2014-02-01, 23:59)jammyb Wrote: Windows media center remote.

thanks but can you be more specific? what do I add the device as ? as a computer ? if yes, what do I select under manufacturer ? confused. HuhHuhHuh

Erm. Who makes windows media centerHuh?

(2014-02-02, 02:10)omarko Wrote: and what model do I type in ?

Windows media center remote

Huh? will that work ?

there just isnt an option to set up a remote control as a device. thats what is confusing.

Logged in to my harmony.com.

Add device

Manufacturer - Microsoft

Device windows media center remote.

Done.

Not difficult to figure out. Stop questioning users answers thst help you and just do it!

Re: RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Sandy/Ivy Bridge 2012 edition) - DrowningApe - 2014-02-02

(2014-02-02, 02:46)King Krish Wrote: I have setup my NUC 3217BY, but have some overheating issues which kept crashing the box, which i understand are quite common in these units, I have turned the fan setting up to 70%, any other not too technical solutions to fixing this? Also I have the model which wiki says has no internal USB header, is this gonna b a problem?

One easy fix is to apply some better thermal paste to the CPU. The stuff applied at the factory is crap, and is often applied incorrectly. I ended of getting a Silverstone case, which is silent and runs pretty cool, but that was likely overkill.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Sandy/Ivy Bridge 2012 edition) - p750mmx - 2014-02-02

(2014-02-02, 02:46)King Krish Wrote: I have setup my NUC 3217BY, but have some overheating issues which kept crashing the box, which i understand are quite common in these units, I have turned the fan setting up to 70%, any other not too technical solutions to fixing this? Also I have the model which wiki says has no internal USB header, is this gonna b a problem?
There are no known heat issues with this model according to Microsoft. I replied a while ago with some links that referring to other NUC models with heat issues, but not to the Thunderbolt i3 version. Did you look yourself if there isn't a internal USB connector, mine has one.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Sandy/Ivy Bridge 2012 edition) - charliebrown - 2014-02-02

Gonna be a problem? sounds like it already is a problem. I´ve had zero overheating with mine, stays around 58-63C. Exchange it.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Sandy/Ivy Bridge 2012 edition) - Katch - 2014-02-02

I recently had to warranty return my Thunderbolt NUC. I was always a little disappointed with the noise it made - especially after reading reviews that said it was very quiet.

I then noticed that the motherboard temp sensor was always report 128 degrees - this was messing up the cooling settings.

The new unit is so much quieter and runs much cooler - so yeah, dodgy units made it out the factory - if you have one send it back. It took 7 days and they sent a courier to my door to collect it.