Kodi Community Forum
Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU) (/showthread.php?tid=140534)

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Sandy/Ivy Bridge 2012 edition) - hdmkv - 2014-03-10

I've been very happy with both my Celeron and i3 NUC's running OpenELEC. Once initially set-up, it's just turn on and enjoy now. Very reliable and great playback of both Internet and local content.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Sandy/Ivy Bridge 2012 edition) - smallclone - 2014-03-10

Hello. I have problems playing video files after waking up my celeron nuc from sleep. Its Openelec 3.2. Could it be an HDMI handshake issue? I run through a SONY Blu ray player 5.1 system. Log here:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=146762

A reboot cures all issues but is pretty annoying.

Thanks for any advice.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Sandy/Ivy Bridge 2012 edition) - Crssi - 2014-03-10

Hi guys.

Expect the F2 entering BIOS problem resolution in forthcomming BIOS over next few weeks. Wink

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Sandy/Ivy Bridge 2012 edition) - Raytestrak - 2014-03-10

(2014-03-10, 18:38)Crssi Wrote: Hi guys.

Expect the F2 entering BIOS problem resolution in forthcomming BIOS over next few weeks. Wink

Do you know someone on the inside? Wink

Entering the BIOS with all fastboot options enabled is a b*tch, so great news. Not that you need to enter the BIOS frequently, only for updating it (to enable usb boot). I now have it set up to first try and boot from USB. It shows the F2 message for a second and continues booting. OpenElec boots so fast, I hardly notice anything, but every second I can shave off is welcome.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Sandy/Ivy Bridge 2012 edition) - bluc - 2014-03-17

Anyone know how to diisable usb standby power I have the DC3217IYE? I have one of the usb controlled power board and need the usb power to switch off so it switchs everything else off when nuc does.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Sandy/Ivy Bridge 2012 edition) - Raytestrak - 2014-03-17

(2014-03-17, 04:44)bluc Wrote: Anyone know how to diisable usb standby power I have the DC3217IYE? I have one of the usb controlled power board and need the usb power to switch off so it switchs everything else off when nuc does.

Want to trade? Wink

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Sandy/Ivy Bridge 2012 edition) - bluc - 2014-03-17

Nope but I do want to disable USB standby power Big Grin also just noticed my internal USB header is missing just found out that's a defect not sure what to do about that.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Sandy/Ivy Bridge 2012 edition) - JDEaston - 2014-03-26

I ordered the DC3217YE off eBay a few days ago, it should be here today or tomorrow. It was listed as new in the box and comes with a 60gb SSD, 4gb of ram, and a windows 7 license. I am upgrading from a pivos xios ds, so I am expecting it to be a major improvement.

I assume setting it up will be pretty simple. Any recommendations on a remote? I don't believe these units have ir, so I thought about giving flirc a try. Anything else I should know about the best setup for xbmc on this unit? Thanks for any help, hopefully I will get the chance to try it out today.

The mail ran early today, everything was as described by the eBay seller. New an in unopened boxes. One question though, the copy of windows is on a disk, is the only way to instal it with an external DVD drive, or is there somewhere I can download it using my license key? I do nonot have an external drive and am not going to buy one just to instal windows.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Sandy/Ivy Bridge 2012 edition) - -DDD- - 2014-03-26

You can download Windows7 Images from MS:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/cannot-find-digital-river-download-site/66a8439b-0d16-4b70-92f7-1c8486a46ebf

Thanks -DDD-. I went ahead and opened it up, installed the ram and SSD. Then ran down to office max and got a Logitech k400 to use until I decide what remote control I want for it. I have a 16gb USB stick here, I suppose that should be plenty for the windows image. Now I just have to find the image, the link says that the file has been removed.

One more question, since I have a fresh copy of windows that can be installed at a later date, I may start with just running openelec at first, then install windows later. But I have no idea which build I should use?

I downloaded openelec to a USB stick and am ready to set this baby up. But I cannot get into the BIOS. I hit f2 but it sends me to a black screen and searches for a boot drive. I have tried getting into the BIOS to make it boot from a USB drive, but have not had any luck.. sorry for all the questions, I'm a complete noob.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Sandy/Ivy Bridge 2012 edition) - -DDD- - 2014-03-27

(2014-03-26, 19:30)JDEaston Wrote: Thanks -DDD-. I went ahead and opened it up, installed the ram and SSD. Then ran down to office max and got a Logitech k400 to use until I decide what remote control I want for it. I have a 16gb USB stick here, I suppose that should be plenty for the windows image. Now I just have to find the image, the link says that the file has been removed.
16GB would be enough for the Win7 Image for Installation. Yes, seems that MS have removed the Images Sad

(2014-03-26, 19:49)JDEaston Wrote: One more question, since I have a fresh copy of windows that can be installed at a later date, I may start with just running openelec at first, then install windows later. But I have no idea which build I should use?

The latest one from:
http://snapshots.openelec.tv/
for example this:
OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-devel-20140325211243-r18010-g0ffd4cb.tar

Or you can use the Beta2 - 2.95.2:
http://openelec.tv/get-openelec/download/viewcategory/8-generic-builds

(2014-03-26, 22:25)JDEaston Wrote: I downloaded openelec to a USB stick and am ready to set this baby up. But I cannot get into the BIOS. I hit f2 but it sends me to a black screen and searches for a boot drive. I have tried getting into the BIOS to make it boot from a USB drive, but have not had any luck.. sorry for all the questions, I'm a complete noob.

Have you read the Manual?

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Sandy/Ivy Bridge 2012 edition) - JDEaston - 2014-03-27

Thanks for the help, the issue with not being able to get into the bios turned out to be a keyboard problem. Talked to Intel and they said for me to slide a jumper over inside the unit that forces it to boot to the bios. After doing thatand using the link you provided for epenelec, I am up and running. Have not had much time to play around with it, but so far this machine is amazing. Now I just need to find a way to get windows up and running.