Kodi Community Forum
Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU) (/showthread.php?tid=140534)

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - Kib - 2013-03-28

Are you going to remove that plastic on top ?

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - suineg - 2013-03-28

(2013-03-28, 12:56)Kibje Wrote: Are you going to remove that plastic on top ?

Hehe that always bothers me.

I just got my flirc in and going to install it tonight. Box is running super smooth. Using Aeon Nox but going to try out ACE.

Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - Busenheimer - 2013-03-28

Got a free skin from Amazon

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - meathead88 - 2013-03-28

(2013-03-28, 03:41)meathead88 Wrote: Can the Celeron or i3 play a 3d bluray iso correctly?
Can either also bit stream HD audio? I believe either can do HD audio but then which OS
do i need the openelec, Windows 8 or Ubuntu for it to work? I'd like to use Windows...

Basically i'm asking which model and which OS will get it all done right Smile
Thanks

and if i missed this info somewhere in this forum, please link it and make me look dumb Smile I just need to know so i can make an order Smile

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - Sunflux - 2013-03-28

(2013-03-28, 12:56)Kibje Wrote: Are you going to remove that plastic on top ?

Of course. But it's just sitting in the open on my desk while I set it up, so I'll peel it off when I move it to its final location. Saves on fingerprints and scratches from all the cables I'm moving around. :-)

By the way: XBMC for WIndows doesn't work for *&^$ if the computer doesn't have at least one active audio device (it's hooked up to a monitor, so no HDMI audio). Video playback is like a slideshow.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - ssks - 2013-03-28

(2013-03-28, 07:38)DrowningApe Wrote: I realize all of my mpeg2 titles are ripped DVD isos. I don't have any mpeg2 in MKV container.

Is the amount if titles you have too many to say, put them all in a queue on handbrake and convert them to x264 overnight?

Yeah, I've got like over 50 that are "Standard : Component" instead of NTSC this is apparently a problem for, that's not going to work for me. I'm guessing it's just a bug in the VAAPI support for these from mkv files?

This is a bummer, it seems like a nice machine but 1/4 of my content won't play. So I guess it's software decode all the way, or make some kind of shortcut to flip the hardware decode on and off a lot. Feeling defeated.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - jammyb - 2013-03-28

Anyone care to share how th power button works? Can anything be put between it to act as remote switch?

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - kennyx - 2013-03-28

(2013-03-27, 22:50)Greddy2000 Wrote:
(2013-03-27, 09:25)snowjim Wrote: I have been having problem with the sleep mode where it startup but I get a black screen. I do however hear the sound form the menu. I know that this is a common problem and that XBMC simple have problems with sleep mode. Is there any solution to it?

this has happened to me twice as well on my celeron NUC in Openelec. dosent seem to happen all the time though. I still need to test further. I'm using the latest bios as well.

Just bought a NUC and about to set it up later... Is this an Openelec issue? or will it also happen with XBMCbuntu and Xubuntu?

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - squigglyline - 2013-03-28

(2013-03-27, 20:54)jammyb Wrote: These have an internal USB header don't they? Thinking about drilling the case and plonkin an IR receiver inside via USB internal header lead!

How does the power button wire to the motherboard? Maybe introduce a http://www.simerec.com/ inside ??

Did you get any answers for this? I can take pics if needed. I'd love for someone to figure out how to power this thing on via IR remote as that one function seems to be the only thing missing...

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - TugboatBill - 2013-03-28

(2013-03-28, 16:48)jammyb Wrote: Anyone care to share how th power button works? Can anything be put between it to act as remote switch?

See post 317.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - Pasoa2021 - 2013-03-28

When choosing to boot XBMCBuntu, I'm given a menu with various options (i.e. try XBMCbuntu, install etc.)

There are several options listed for install, one of which reference Sandy Bridger I believe. What's the correct choice for the NUC?

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - jammyb - 2013-03-28

(2013-03-28, 17:26)squigglyline Wrote:
(2013-03-27, 20:54)jammyb Wrote: These have an internal USB header don't they? Thinking about drilling the case and plonkin an IR receiver inside via USB internal header lead!

How does the power button wire to the motherboard? Maybe introduce a http://www.simerec.com/ inside ??

Did you get any answers for this? I can take pics if needed. I'd love for someone to figure out how to power this thing on via IR remote as that one function seems to be the only thing missing...

If you could, that'd be great!

(2013-03-28, 17:30)TugboatBill Wrote:
(2013-03-28, 16:48)jammyb Wrote: Anyone care to share how th power button works? Can anything be put between it to act as remote switch?

See post 317.

Cheers, I said about the simrec in an earlier post. But I'd need to see pics of the switch inside to begin figuring out how to wire it up! Smile

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - atandon - 2013-03-28

Guys, I am having trouble getting forced subs to work
I have set the forced, default and enable flags for a subtitle track using the mkvmerge header editor
The forced track does not get turned on unless I go into xbmc and enable that track Sad
I believe its a PGS sub track
Tried to search on this issue ... but I get conflicting information regarding support for this

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - hewligun - 2013-03-28

I am sure this has been asked a bunch I scrolled through and I just want to get the warm fuzzys first... But If I buy 4gb of ram for the Intel NUC celeron model and install win8 32/64 bit (does it matter) 32GB with only XBMC installed on it will i be able to have flawless 1080P playback on files from 5-30gb in size? no audio issues and run the aeon nox skin with smooth response and not be jittery?

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - Pasoa2021 - 2013-03-28

From what I've read (and I read most of this forum before purchasing), yes.

BTW, I loaded up the i3 NUC yesterday and played around a bit (can't install XBMCbuntu just yet as Amazon is taking forever to ship my mSATA drive).

Coming from an ATV1 with Crystal HD, this thing FLIES! It boots very very quickly and everything was silky smooth, from playback, to navigating etc. etc.