Kodi Community Forum
Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU) (/showthread.php?tid=140534)

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - freezer2k - 2013-04-11

(2013-04-11, 18:25)Stridis Wrote:
(2013-04-11, 18:04)freezer2k Wrote: Did u buy a motherboard only, or which version of the NUC?

http://www.frontx.com/cutout_dimension.gif

Hm... this kind a sucks, dimensions are too different as it looks.

Serial with 25mm between the screw-holes and USB about 30.

Looks like Impactics is not selling the back covers separately, in fact they seem not to sell any accessories :p

I did buy the complete Intel BOXDC3217IYE, soo i have take out the MB from Intel orginal case ;-)

Oh my god,

I also got the BOXDC3217IYE ...

Looks like Intel has several revisions where at some they left out the header pins....this kind a sucks.

I think i will just use my powered USB hub then.

Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - Stridis - 2013-04-11

(2013-04-11, 20:32)freezer2k Wrote:
(2013-04-11, 18:25)Stridis Wrote:
(2013-04-11, 18:04)freezer2k Wrote: Did u buy a motherboard only, or which version of the NUC?

http://www.frontx.com/cutout_dimension.gif

Hm... this kind a sucks, dimensions are too different as it looks.

Serial with 25mm between the screw-holes and USB about 30.

Looks like Impactics is not selling the back covers separately, in fact they seem not to sell any accessories :p

I did buy the complete Intel BOXDC3217IYE, soo i have take out the MB from Intel orginal case ;-)

Oh my god,

I also got the BOXDC3217IYE ...

Looks like Intel has several revisions where at some they left out the header pins....this kind a sucks.

I think i will just use my powered USB hub then.

Then i was very lucky :-)

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - voip-ninja - 2013-04-11

(2013-04-11, 20:28)-Riffer- Wrote: Does no one else have problems to play BR ISOs from the network?

Well, I think most people probably use MKVs instead of full BD ISO rips, but the celeron and the i3 should both have enough horsepower for that. If they work from local drives then the problem is definitely in your LAN. If you're using wireless, stop doing that. Smile

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - cocjh1 - 2013-04-11

Anyone using a DVB-T2 with the NUC?
Can you get DVB-T2 PCIe, or which USB version is good to go for?

Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - DrowningApe - 2013-04-12

(2013-04-11, 20:28)-Riffer- Wrote: Does no one else have problems to play BR ISOs from the network?

I've had no problems playing bd iso's over network on gigabit LAN.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - voip-ninja - 2013-04-12

(2013-04-11, 22:42)cocjh1 Wrote: Anyone using a DVB-T2 with the NUC?

The NUC does not have PCI slots, so I don't think you're going to have much success there.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - freezer2k - 2013-04-12

(2013-04-12, 00:08)voip-ninja Wrote:
(2013-04-11, 22:42)cocjh1 Wrote: Anyone using a DVB-T2 with the NUC?

The NUC does not have PCI slots, so I don't think you're going to have much success there.

I just found this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Dell-Mini-PCI-e-Internal-TV-Tuner-Card-AverMedia-TVT18-INT-DVB-T-H385T-G390T-/180875631146?pt=US_Video_Capture_TV_Tuner_Cards&hash=item2a1d071a2a

It's even half-size, so you could still have that SSD.
However, it's probably only DVB-T, not sure if it can do DVB-T2.

Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - Stridis - 2013-04-12

Hi !

I have read a little about Simerec IR, and little about the problem to connect it to Intel NUC

Is it possible to connect it to a external powersupply 5V like the picture below ?

And you can use one DC chassi contact in the back coverplate in my case ?
Then it always have 5v standby, and you don't have to find 5v standby feed on the MB

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - Raytestrak - 2013-04-12

If you haven't done so already and assuming you have a dual HDMI nuc, try the hdmi port furthest away from the LAN connector. Network drops are a known issue for the dual HDMI nuc. Latest firmware should attend to this issue, but doesn't work for everyone. For me, it does help one bit.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - jammyb - 2013-04-12

(2013-04-12, 05:31)Stridis Wrote: Hi !

I have read a little about Simerec IR, and little about the problem to connect it to Intel NUC

Is it possible to connect it to a external powersupply 5V like the picture below ?

Then it always have 5v standby, and you don't have to find 5v standby feed on the MB

It should all be wireable from inside the NUC bud. Only thing visible that would show you've fitted it is the IR receiver hole you'll have drilled.

Use the power header pins inside Smile

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - Stridis - 2013-04-12

(2013-04-12, 08:02)jammyb Wrote:

It should all be wireable from inside the NUC bud. Only thing visible that would show you've fitted it is the IR receiver hole you'll have drilled.

Yes i know, but is there 5V standby on the pins ?

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - -Riffer- - 2013-04-12

My "thank you" goes to anyone who tried to help me. I finally found out what the problem is.

The option"supports HD DTS Audio" was checked in the system settings.
The manual of my receiver (Onkyo TX-NR 515) tells this is supported so it must be NUC that is not able to use this.

Maybe someone can confirm this observance?

My actually two ISOs I tried used to play this for the english audio and because of this I had a slide show.

Switching off the option in the system settings turned BR ISO to a fluently playback.

Thanks to anyone!

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - noggin - 2013-04-12

(2013-04-12, 09:44)-Riffer- Wrote: My "thank you" goes to anyone who tried to help me. I finally found out what the problem is.

The option"supports HD DTS Audio" was checked in the system settings.
The manual of my receiver (Onkyo TX-NR 515) tells this is supported so it must be NUC that is not able to use this.

Maybe someone can confirm this observance?

AFAIK the NUC, like all Sandy/Ivy Bridge processors with on-board graphics, supports HD audio bitstreaming to a suitable AVR (i.e. DTS HD MA, DTS HD HR, Dolby True HD). My Sandy Bridge G630 system running XBMC on top of Ubuntu bitstreams DTS HD MA into an Onkyo NR616 with no problems. (Though I did have to do the CTLINDEX edits detailed in the Wiki for HD Audio on Intel, and I'm running a custom kernel that solved the 16-235 output problems)

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - jammyb - 2013-04-12

(2013-04-12, 08:14)Stridis Wrote:
(2013-04-12, 08:02)jammyb Wrote:

IMAGE OF A PLUG

Yes i know, but is there 5V standby on the pins ?

If you go back a few pages. We're literally in the process of confirming this. Smile

Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - Stridis - 2013-04-12

Bad news, i don't have 5v between pin 9 and 5 only when the computer is on :-(

Soo i have to use extern supply for the Semirec then :-(