Kodi Community Forum
Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU) (/showthread.php?tid=140534)

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - Intel - 2013-05-08

(2013-05-08, 10:33)jammyb Wrote: NUC hasn't shown up yet Sad

Sad

I've tried the PCS1 with my NUC now and it works fine, pin6+8 for the power switch and pin2(+) and pin3(-) for the "power supply". I had to switch back to shutdown under Power Options for the "When I press the power button.." as well.

http://oi39.tinypic.com/35ic70j.jpg
http://oi43.tinypic.com/6857go.jpg
http://oi44.tinypic.com/nx6wjk.jpg

This is just a temporary solution, I will try to find a more suitable connector.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - raist8 - 2013-05-08

Hi all!

I recently bought a Nuc (celeron version). I installed openelec for xbmc.. all works fine but I have two questions. Maybe somebody can answer it! Wink

1. Is there any way to avoid the blue power light blinking when the NUC is on standby (suspend from xbmc)? It could be great make the light fixed or turn it off...
2. (not sure if it's a xbmc or openelec issue). When I put the NUC on suspend mode and after I wakeup it, the calibration settings are lost.. Anyone have this issue?

Thank you in advance!

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - jammyb - 2013-05-08

(2013-05-08, 13:33)raist8 Wrote: Hi all!

I recently bought a Nuc (celeron version). I installed openelec for xbmc.. all works fine but I have two questions. Maybe somebody can answer it! Wink

1. Is there any way to avoid the blue power light blinking when the NUC is on standby (suspend from xbmc)? It could be great make the light fixed or turn it off...
2. (not sure if it's a xbmc or openelec issue). When I put the NUC on suspend mode and after I wakeup it, the calibration settings are lost.. Anyone have this issue?

Thank you in advance!

Yeh. Buy simerec for it!

(2013-05-08, 13:51)jammyb Wrote: Yeh. Buy simerec for it!

Thanks jammyb! Is there any installation guide for the NUC? I'm searching for it but I can't find it

(2013-05-08, 13:33)raist8 Wrote: Hi all!

Thank you in advance!

Theres a 'S3 State Indicator' option under the power tab in advanced options in BIOS where you can change the behavior of the power led during sleep/suspend.

(2013-05-08, 15:00)Intel Wrote: Theres a 'S3 State Indicator' option under the power tab in advanced options in BIOS where you can change the behavior of the power led during sleep/suspend.

Thank you!

Re: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - Kentbrockman - 2013-05-08

Is anyone experiencing over scan with their Nuc?
I have it connected to a Samsung 55" lcd and using the standard 16:9 picture setting I have about 1" over scan all around.

For now I have adjusted it within xbmc but I was wondering if anyone knows of a better solution.

Thanks

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - h.p.j. - 2013-05-08

(2013-05-08, 16:17)Kentbrockman Wrote: Is anyone experiencing over scan with their Nuc?
I have it connected to a Samsung 55" lcd and using the standard 16:9 picture setting I have about 1" over scan all around.

For now I have adjusted it within xbmc but I was wondering if anyone knows of a better solution.

Thanks

on my samsung 22" lcd monitor/tv i have to "(re)name" the hdmi-input to "PC" (there's a bunch of predefined names like DVD, VCR, GAME). however i don't have a NUC. Wink maybe this helps.

(2013-05-08, 16:52)h.p.j. Wrote:
(2013-05-08, 16:17)Kentbrockman Wrote: Is anyone experiencing over scan with their Nuc?

Thanks

on my samsung 22" lcd monitor/tv i have to "(re)name" the hdmi-input to "PC" (there's a bunch of predefined names like DVD, VCR, GAME). however i don't have a NUC. Wink maybe this helps.

On my Sony 55" I had to enable pixel mapping (which Sony calls 'Full pixel' if I remembers correctly) for both my NUC and my Boxee Box, try searching for your tv model + pixel mapping.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - ElJimador - 2013-05-09

So this is odd. I'd read about the "black crush" issue here on this thread but I've been running openelec on my new Celeron NUC for the past few weeks and had never experienced it unitl I switched skins last night from Confluence to Aeon Nox. I had OE 3.0.1 running initially and then updated to 3.0.2 when it came out a few days ago and the picture was always perfect with both. So just changing the skin shouldn't change that, right? Could I have messed up something in the settings while configuring it?

I don't mind going with the fix that's already been posted here and on the OE forum. I'd just like to understand why it's come up now so that if it's something I did I can make sure I don't do it again. (Of course switching back to Confluence didn't fix it. The same movie I watched just the day before was noticeably darker even though the underlying version of OE/XBMC hadn't changed).

The only other thing I did notice -- and I don't know if this could be related or not either -- was that the fan in the NUC was louder with Aeon Nox than I'd ever heard it before and the top of the case became pretty hot to the touch too (didn't check the CPU temp, though I should have). I know others on this thread say they run Aeon Nox with no problem but whether or not that has anything to do with the black crush issue suddenly popping up I'm starting to wonder now if I should go with a lighter skin just to stay on the safe side.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - jammyb - 2013-05-09

Tried Ace?

Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - DrowningApe - 2013-05-09

(2013-05-09, 05:41)jammyb Wrote: Tried Ace?

Briefly, the bumpy rash has only just started to subside.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - jammyb - 2013-05-09

love Ace! Moved on from Nox, ha!

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - voip-ninja - 2013-05-09

You guys using the Simerec, are you also using a USB IR receiver to control functions under OpenElec?

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - Intel - 2013-05-09

(2013-05-09, 17:14)voip-ninja Wrote: You guys using the Simerec, are you also using a USB IR receiver to control functions under OpenElec?

Simerec is only for power on/off, so yes, I'm using a cheap ir receiver ($6) from ebay with my Harmony One+. I would recommend a "Media Center Edition" ir receiver, it's easier to set up.