Kodi Community Forum
Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU) (/showthread.php?tid=140534)

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - bluray - 2012-12-17

(2012-12-17, 12:49)PH-SYM Wrote: or Ati hardware.
DXVA2 works fine with AMD and Eden.....

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - antisuck - 2012-12-17

(2012-12-17, 20:58)cbiggers Wrote:
(2012-12-17, 20:51)antisuck Wrote: Thanks for all the testing cbiggers, much appreciated.

If you get a chance could you install a graphics-heavy skin and report back on whether navigation is smooth?

Tell me which skin you want me to install and where to get it. I'll do it. If you have multipls you want me to try let me know and post them

Thanks for this. I'm particularly curious about Aeon Nox, the Frodo version is still under development so unless you want to mess around with git you'd go here and click "ZIP" to download the most current version, then install from zip in your Addons menu.

This is the only custom skin I use so I'll leave it to others to suggest different ones to try.

edit: oops too slow, although the zip file I linked to might be an easier way to try it out quick unless you are familiar with git.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - dschmelzer - 2012-12-17

Would be interested to see the real-life power draw under load, if you a power meter.

Thanks!

Dan

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - cbiggers - 2012-12-18

(2012-12-17, 21:44)solidsatras Wrote:
(2012-12-17, 20:58)cbiggers Wrote: Tell me which skin you want me to install and where to get it. I'll do it. If you have multipls you want me to try let me know and post them
If it´s not to much trouble I would like to hear how Aeon Nox 4 performs.

Soon as i get home i'll install it and check it out
(2012-12-17, 21:44)bluray Wrote:
(2012-12-17, 07:59)cbiggers Wrote: I see no reason in turning DXVA2 off, It doesn't seem to handle videos perfectly with it off. I have so far seen no issues at all with it enabled. I have the newest bios, newest video drivers connected by HDMI to a Dell U2713HM led lcd.
Maybe Intel have fixed it with the latest iVy or maybe XBMC have fixed it with the latest Frodo.....Sandy and Eden had issue with DXVA2 enabled.....

If iVy and Frodo works with DXVA enabled, it is a good news for Intel users....that is what we wanted all along....

No idea. I don't know what issues people have been having. I do know I have turned DXVA2 on and I have encountered 0 issues. With it off however i have issues with video drop outs. What kind of issues was DXVA2 causing? Have any videos I could test that were giving issues with it while on?

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - bluray - 2012-12-18

(2012-12-18, 00:16)cbiggers Wrote: What kind of issues was DXVA2 causing?
It is known issue with Intel and XBMC forever....it causes stuttering, pixelation, posterization, tearing, etc.....

If iVy and Frodo don't have this issue, it is a good sign.....Nod

(2012-12-18, 02:56)bluray Wrote:
(2012-12-18, 00:16)cbiggers Wrote: What kind of issues was DXVA2 causing?
It is known issue with Intel and XBMC forever....it causes stuttering, pixelation, posterization, tearing, etc.....

If iVy and Frodo don't have this issue, it is a good sign.....Nod

im pretty sure 24hz is working fine with my nuc, any way to verify this? i dont know what it really takes to test it.

i havent done bit streaming testing yet but im going to tomorrow night possibly.

so how would i go about verifying correct 24hz or whatever playback?

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - bluray - 2012-12-18

(2012-12-18, 10:39)cbiggers Wrote: so how would i go about verifying correct 24hz or whatever playback?
You can simply tick "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" in XBMC System/Settings/Video/Playback

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - Lowbar - 2012-12-18

Since there's more people test now I'll try asking again. Has anyone tried watching any anime that's been encoded in Hi10p (10bit)? If people need samples, there were some samples posted in the Asus Transformer Forums at http://android.tnonline.net/Software/Video/Hi10P%20Software/ ... if the hotd-op-1080p-hi10p.mkv file can play with out any stuttering/sync issues then I'm pretty sure it'd meet my needs.

Many thanks if anyone gets around to testing this.

(2012-12-18, 21:10)Lowbar Wrote: Since there's more people test now I'll try asking again. Has anyone tried watching any anime that's been encoded in Hi10p (10bit)? If people need samples, there were some samples posted in the Asus Transformer Forums at http://android.tnonline.net/Software/Video/Hi10P%20Software/ ... if the hotd-op-1080p-hi10p.mkv file can play with out any stuttering/sync issues then I'm pretty sure it'd meet my needs.

Many thanks if anyone gets around to testing this.

I'll test it as soon as I get home for you.
(2012-12-18, 18:12)bluray Wrote:
(2012-12-18, 10:39)cbiggers Wrote: so how would i go about verifying correct 24hz or whatever playback?
You can simply tick "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" in XBMC System/Settings/Video/Playback

I did that. I checked the status of my LCD monitor and it says 1920xwhatever@24hz. I get no issues at 24hz. I watched a few movies lastnight in it. I think 24hz is working fine on my NUC then.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - bluray - 2012-12-19

(2012-12-18, 21:37)cbiggers Wrote:
(2012-12-18, 18:12)bluray Wrote:

I did that. I checked the status of my LCD monitor and it says 1920xwhatever@24hz. I get no issues at 24hz. I watched a few movies lastnight in it. I think 24hz is working fine on my NUC then.
If you don't have issue, it's all good then....enjoy it!

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - cbiggers - 2012-12-19

Haven't forgot about testing other things. I had to work late lastnight due to an emergency hopefully tonight I can get back to testing.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - bluray - 2012-12-19

(2012-12-19, 16:25)cbiggers Wrote: Haven't forgot about testing other things. I had to work late lastnight due to an emergency hopefully tonight I can get back to testing.
You do great services for this forum......and you are very willing to test just about everything on your new NUC....you're very helpful!

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - Dougie Fresh - 2012-12-19

Nice work testing this. It looks like you even got by the Testing Post Nazis without issue Wink. You get a big pat on the back for that accomplishment!

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - iHateMemphiz - 2012-12-20

Just received my NUC today, threw the Intel 64 bit version of openELEC on it (latest Frodo build) and I'm happy to see that hd passthrough is working - Apocalypse Now on streaming in DTS HD-Master Audio

It is so *tiny*

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - Hobbe - 2012-12-20

I also received the NUC yesterday.. Works just great! I also run openelec..
If I only could start it from off with my remote... It would be a perfect htpc