Kodi Community Forum
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+---- Forum: DVBViewer (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=219)
+---- Thread: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR (/showthread.php?tid=140645)

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - dhjgv - 2012-12-30

I finally got back to XBMC and the RecService after some playing with dvblogic...

What I noticed is that Groups (neither in the channels.dat nor in the favourites.xml) are not noticed/transferred any more. At the beginning of this plugin I got in XBMC the same channel groups as in DVBViewer.
I don't know if that was a wanted step.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Godf@th3r - 2012-12-31

Hello A600,
can you be more specific?
What do you mean by UPnP.

I use the XBMC 12.0 RC1

I have the DVB Viewer Pro and Recording Service installed exactly according to these instructions

REC Service

DVB Viewer Pro

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - dhjgv - 2012-12-31

He means, can you see all channels if you add the Rec Service as Video Source.

Videos->Files->Add Source->UPnP Device
(like adding a HDD Drive with movies)

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - A600 - 2012-12-31

(2012-12-30, 20:03)dhjgv Wrote: I finally got back to XBMC and the RecService after some playing with dvblogic...

What I noticed is that Groups (neither in the channels.dat nor in the favourites.xml) are not noticed/transferred any more. At the beginning of this plugin I got in XBMC the same channel groups as in DVBViewer.
I don't know if that was a wanted step.

Do you have the "Synchronise channel groups with backends" option enabled (System/Settings/Live TV/General)? In any case, try to reset the PVR database. If still doesn't work, upload your channels.dat and favourites.xml somewhere so I can take a look.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - dhjgv - 2013-01-01

OK, you are right...

In german the menu is just "synchronise channel with backends". I thought this means that changes I make in xbmc are also made for the Rec Service.
After activating it, the groups are there Wink

Odp: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - parslej - 2013-01-03

As we know timeshift doesn't work and very probably will not work with this plugin

I just wondering if I start recording channel I can go to folder it is saving and play .ts file while it's still recording ?

RE: Odp: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - dhjgv - 2013-01-03

(2013-01-03, 08:47)parslej Wrote: As we know timeshift doesn't work and very probably will not work with this plugin

I just wondering if I start recording channel I can go to folder it is saving and play .ts file while it's still recording ?

Read Post #388 & #389 Wink

RE: Odp: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Dakkar - 2013-01-03

(2013-01-03, 08:47)parslej Wrote: As we know timeshift doesn't work and very probably will not work with this plugin

ReallyHuh Sad
I was hoping A600 was working on it...

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - dunnsept - 2013-01-03

Just wanted to add a quick post to say "thanks", so

thanks!

setup dvbviewer pvr on RC2 last night.. XBMC + FTA .. what more could you ask for?
I have to do some playing around and tweaking, sat FTA channels looked great, but OTA ATSC .. not so much. lots of ghosting & scan lines.
in dvbviewer local OTA worked fine

Odp: RE: Odp: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - parslej - 2013-01-03

(2013-01-03, 11:01)dhjgv Wrote:

Read Post #388 & #389 Wink

Cool. Will try that!

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - A600 - 2013-01-04

(2013-01-03, 15:19)dunnsept Wrote: I have to do some playing around and tweaking, sat FTA channels looked great, but OTA ATSC .. not so much. lots of ghosting & scan lines.

Do you have deinterlacing enabled?. If you're using Windows, set "Deinterlace method" to DXVA Best and "Deinterlace video" to Auto.

I don't know about ATSC but I have found some channels where "Deinterlace video" must be set to "On" instead of "Auto" to get it working properly.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - shms - 2013-01-04

does the android version work now?

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - timetrex - 2013-01-05

Just wondering, is there any way to import the favourite channel list from dvbviewer along with the main channel list, I had organised channels into favourites and not the main list.....The main list channels are everywhere and appear like that in xbmx frodo...With the favourites they are orgainsed into sport, entertainment etc etc.....

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - dhjgv - 2013-01-05

(2013-01-05, 16:37)timetrex Wrote: Just wondering, is there any way to import the favourite channel list from dvbviewer along with the main channel list, I had organised channels into favourites and not the main list.....The main list channels are everywhere and appear like that in xbmx frodo...With the favourites they are orgainsed into sport, entertainment etc etc.....

Ehm, but you made some settings in the addon?? Because if you did you should have recognized the setting to load channel from favourites instead of channels.dat??

Or am I misunderstanding you?

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - timetrex - 2013-01-05

(2013-01-05, 19:14)dhjgv Wrote:
(2013-01-05, 16:37)timetrex Wrote: Just wondering, is there any way to import the favourite channel list from dvbviewer along with the main channel list, I had organised channels into favourites and not the main list.....The main list channels are everywhere and appear like that in xbmx frodo...With the favourites they are orgainsed into sport, entertainment etc etc.....

Ehm, but you made some settings in the addon?? Because if you did you should have recognized the setting to load channel from favourites instead of channels.dat??

Or am I misunderstanding you?

lol, no you understood me fine....thanks for that, im really only a first time user of xbmc, I didnt payto much attention to the config of the add on pvr. I just added the pvr and left the config side at default. I can see the "favourites" instead of channels now.

I have been using dvbviewer recording service with eden before, but nice to see the intergration now with live tv, the backed and xbmc Smile