Kodi Community Forum
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+---- Forum: DVBViewer (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=219)
+---- Thread: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR (/showthread.php?tid=140645)

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - einszweidrei - 2013-01-21

Thanks for sharing the addon!

Only a short question: Any progress on timeshift support?

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - alan - 2013-01-23

I have a link of EPG data source, but I don't know how to have XMBC download EPG data from this link automatically.

What do you guys do to have XMBC download EPG data automatically?

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - bombenbomben - 2013-01-24

Hi,

first of all, thank you for a fantastic add-on.

Wondering if someone could help me out. I've got everything up and running. the problem is when trying to watch tv everthing works great as long as the channel is sending in dolby digital 5.1. when i try to watch a channel sending in mpeg2 audio i get no sound and the video goes in " slow motion"? in dvbviewer all channel work fine?

please anyone with ideas

Dvdviewer Recordingservice/Win7 32 bit/ technotrend budget 3200s2/ Frodo RC3

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - aceofclubs - 2013-01-24

Been using this for some time now and it works really well.

On my win7 boxes the timer details are updated correctly no matter if changes are made on other clients or thru the web interface but on both raspbmc and crystalbuntu i dont get any timer details anywhere.

All channel,epg,recording info is working as expected. If i add a timer on my atv the win7 clients reflect it.

Is there something i need to make sure of or an addon dependancy requiement?

Im using frodo rc3 and the latest dvbviewer addon on all clients.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - piipes - 2013-01-27

Thank you. Smile
I have use dvbviewer since 2006, and now i think i switch to xbmc. This really works.

This is only window, what i dont find in xbmc.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - piipes - 2013-01-27

One more question. How i can organize recordings? I want to use same folder structure, what i can see in windows.
example topgear mainfolder and then episodes.

Edit: i think that is not plugin issue, i hope that we get those sub-folders soon...

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Waka - 2013-01-27

Hi, newb here!
Firstly thanks very much for a great plugin for XBMC.

A bit of background:
I've just bought DVBViewer, it's on my HTPC running Windows 7 64 bit i7 6GB RAM, a newish daily of XBMC with a TBS 6981 and an ATI 5700 card plugged into my Onkyo AV receiver.

DVBViewer works quite well (channel changing quite quick) but epg usually only works once I've already visited a channel.
The main problem I have is trying to use it with XBMC. Very occasionally a channel will appear but usually it just sits there displaying 'working...'.

Any ideas what settings I need to tweak to solve this?

Many thanks,
W.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - aceofclubs - 2013-01-27

Have you checked your firewall?

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Waka - 2013-01-27

(2013-01-27, 14:18)aceofclubs Wrote: Have you checked your firewall?

Thanks for the reply Cool
Do you mean the Windows firewall? I turned it off but same result Confused
I'm running everything on the same box so there is no client/server to make things more difficult...hopefully!

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - timetrex - 2013-01-27

(2013-01-27, 12:56)Waka Wrote: Hi, newb here!
Firstly thanks very much for a great plugin for XBMC.

A bit of background:
I've just bought DVBViewer, it's on my HTPC running Windows 7 64 bit i7 6GB RAM, a newish daily of XBMC with a TBS 6981 and an ATI 5700 card plugged into my Onkyo AV receiver.

DVBViewer works quite well (channel changing quite quick) but epg usually only works once I've already visited a channel.
The main problem I have is trying to use it with XBMC. Very occasionally a channel will appear but usually it just sits there displaying 'working...'.

Any ideas what settings I need to tweak to solve this?

Many thanks,
W.

Either dvbrecording service has hung, in this case restart it or your trying to watch an encrypted channel and you havent set this up correctly to work with recording service and xbmc...

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Waka - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-27, 23:41)timetrex Wrote: Either dvbrecording service has hung, in this case restart it or your trying to watch an encrypted channel and you havent set this up correctly to work with recording service and xbmc...

Aha, I think you may be on to something!
I don't think it's the recording service hanging as (after further testing!Tongue) I can (fairly consistently) view some SD channels.

I think the problem may be HD and/or encrypted channels, both of which are perfectly watchable in DVBViewer.

Are there separate settings in the recording service that XBMC needs (I don't use DVBViewer/XBMC to record stuff...yet)?

Thanks again for your help.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - timetrex - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-29, 18:42)Waka Wrote:
(2013-01-27, 23:41)timetrex Wrote: Either dvbrecording service has hung, in this case restart it or your trying to watch an encrypted channel and you havent set this up correctly to work with recording service and xbmc...

Aha, I think you may be on to something!
I don't think it's the recording service hanging as (after further testing!Tongue) I can (fairly consistently) view some SD channels.

I think the problem may be HD and/or encrypted channels, both of which are perfectly watchable in DVBViewer.

Are there separate settings in the recording service that XBMC needs (I don't use DVBViewer/XBMC to record stuff...yet)?

Thanks again for your help.

Assuming your using a pluggin, you need to create a pluggin1 folder in the dvbviewer pluiggin folder. Place your pluggin in this folder. the dvbviewer recording serivce you need to allo interaction with desktop. change this in services.msc....

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Waka - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-29, 21:16)timetrex Wrote: Assuming your using a pluggin, you need to create a pluggin1 folder in the dvbviewer pluiggin folder. Place your pluggin in this folder. the dvbviewer recording serivce you need to allo interaction with desktop. change this in services.msc....

Hi thanks for the reply.
So I should have a folder like this:
C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer\Plugins\Plugin1
with the same files in the Plugin1 folder as in the Plugins folder?

I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean by "dvbviewer recording serivce you need to allo interaction with desktop. change this in services.msc"
I know how start and stop services but I don't know what you mean here.

Thanks again Cool

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - timetrex - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-29, 22:22)Waka Wrote:
(2013-01-29, 21:16)timetrex Wrote: Assuming your using a pluggin, you need to create a pluggin1 folder in the dvbviewer pluiggin folder. Place your pluggin in this folder. the dvbviewer recording serivce you need to allo interaction with desktop. change this in services.msc....

Hi thanks for the reply.
So I should have a folder like this:
C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer\Plugins\Plugin1
with the same files in the Plugin1 folder as in the Plugins folder?

I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean by "dvbviewer recording serivce you need to allo interaction with desktop. change this in services.msc"
I know how start and stop services but I don't know what you mean here.

Thanks again Cool

Sorry yes create the fiolder plugins1 with the same files in the folder.

Then try xbmc with the encrypted channels..

If it doesnt work then check services.msc....look for the dvbviewer recording service, look at the options and check box "allow interaction with desktop"

then try xbmc again,

i remember in an older version of recording service and I had checked that box in services.msc, but having checked my settings now it is currently not checked and all works...

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Waka - 2013-01-30

(2013-01-29, 23:21)timetrex Wrote: Sorry yes create the fiolder plugins1 with the same files in the folder.

Then try xbmc with the encrypted channels..

If it doesnt work then check services.msc....look for the dvbviewer recording service, look at the options and check box "allow interaction with desktop"

then try xbmc again,

i remember in an older version of recording service and I had checked that box in services.msc, but having checked my settings now it is currently not checked and all works...

Ah it's working...thank you thank you thank you! Big Grin
I missed an 's' off Plugins1. I would never have worked out to put a duplicate of my plugin folder within that folder.
I don't think I have the "allow interaction with desktop" option in my services, but no problem, it's obviously not needed anyway!

Thank you again so much for your help, now to have a play with the epg...