Kodi Community Forum
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+---- Forum: DVBViewer (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=219)
+---- Thread: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR (/showthread.php?tid=140645)

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - The Dementor - 2013-09-18

Long time user of XBMC here but new to the pvr side of things. I have DVBviewer pro running on my windows 8 pc with Frodo xbmc and have installed the dvbviewer addon. But I'm unsure what needs configuring as when I select Live TV I get the message "No PVR client has been started yet".

Is there an idiots guide to setting this up anywhere?

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - manül - 2013-09-18

(2013-09-18, 11:16)The Dementor Wrote: Is there an idiots guide to setting this up anywhere?
Go to Settings -> Add-ons -> Disabled add-ons -> PVR Clients and select the DVBViewer add-on. Make sure you're running 1.6.10 (XBMC Frodo) or 1.8.10 (XBMC Nightly). Select "Configure".

(2013-09-18, 11:37)manül Wrote:
(2013-09-18, 11:16)The Dementor Wrote: Is there an idiots guide to setting this up anywhere?
Go to Settings -> Add-ons -> Disabled add-ons -> PVR Clients and select the DVBViewer add-on. Make sure you're running 1.6.10 (XBMC Frodo) or 1.8.10 (XBMC Nightly). Select "Configure".

Thanks but I know how to get to the config screen, just not sure what to do when there!!

(2013-09-18, 12:39)The Dementor Wrote: Thanks but I know how to get to the config screen, just not sure what to do when there!!
Erm.... Configuring "DVBViewer Recording Service IP Address" is usually enough. And don't forget to enable the pvr plugin afterwards.

(2013-09-18, 12:47)manül Wrote:
(2013-09-18, 12:39)The Dementor Wrote: Thanks but I know how to get to the config screen, just not sure what to do when there!!
Erm.... Configuring "DVBViewer Recording Service IP Address" is usually enough. And don't forget to enable the pvr plugin afterwards.

Well I've entered my own IP in "DVBViewer Recording Service IP Address" but still no joy.

Is there anything that needs to be set up in DVBViewer itself? Does DVBViewer need to be open already?

A walkthrough would be great.

(2013-09-18, 13:59)The Dementor Wrote: Well I've entered my own IP in "DVBViewer Recording Service IP Address" but still no joy.

Is there anything that needs to be set up in DVBViewer itself? Does DVBViewer need to be open already?

A walkthrough would be great.
Short walk through:
  • Install + configure DVBViewer & channel list
  • Install + configure DVBViewer Recording Service (RS in short, see http://en.dvbviewer.tv/wiki/Recording_Service_Installation_Guide)
  • Test recording service by using the services local website, your browser and a media player (vlc or similar)
  • Setup XBMC pvr plugin. As host you need to specify the ip address of the computer running the recording service. If XBMC + RS is running on the same computer "localhost" is sufficient.

PS: Only DVBViewer RS must be running.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - babesumitra - 2013-09-25

I love this Plugin. I use the modified Version of manül on my openelec. I know many people have already asked: But unfortunately the TimeShift function is still not perfect. (Zapping)

I know, that three months ago the main developers / programmer of DVBViewer Recording Service Lars has died. Sad This will obviously make everything slowlier. I know this...

Are there any new updates soon?

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Portisch - 2013-09-26

I just added a pull request to speed up the addon handling:
https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons/pull/228

This and another improvements by the DVBviewer team got lost...

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - manül - 2013-09-26

(2013-09-26, 09:07)Portisch Wrote: I just added a pull request to speed up the addon handling:
https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons/pull/228
Why didn't you create the PR for my repository? Instead of working together you work beside me. This is not how community development should work.

(2013-09-26, 09:07)Portisch Wrote: This and another improvements by the DVBviewer team got lost...
They didn't got lost. If you would've looked at my last PR (https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons/pull/218 ) I've *clearly* stated that there are still a couple of things missing from your origin PR.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Portisch - 2013-09-26

Quote:Why didn't you create the PR for my repository? Instead of working together you work beside me. This is not how community development should work.
I am not familary with github. I couldn't manage a fork. I will try it again.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - manül - 2013-09-26

(2013-09-26, 12:57)Portisch Wrote:
Quote:Why didn't you create the PR for my repository? Instead of working together you work beside me. This is not how community development should work.
I am not familary with github. I couldn't manage a fork. I will try it again.
I'll send you a PM in a minute.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - NatroN - 2013-10-01

great to see something good is growing here. I'm using XBMC with DVBViewer Rec service + Viewer togehter on the same machine for a long time as my only TV (with 2 different SmartCards). The only "not so nice" thing in my setup is the complete different look of the DVBViewer (started via AdvancedLauncher) and XBMC (MQ5 on Frodo).

I'd love to test, report back and donate.

Keep going and please work together! Big Grin

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - manül - 2013-10-01

Hello. I've just started a new development snapshot.

As first enhancement I've replaced the XML parsing library. This speeds up parsing by an order of magnitude in benchmarks and should be most notable during initial channel list parsing on low performance devices (e.g. raspberry pi). This change touches almost all parts of the code so please do test the new build.

Development Snapshot Download
Frodo (1.6.11)
Nightly/Gotham (1.9.11)

Make sure you set your language to english during plugin configuration. Everything else will have incorrect/missing translations.

Recommended update process
  • Download the corresponding build
  • Rename the file to some random word (e.g. dvbviewer-<current_date>.zip) to avoid caching problems
  • Uninstall old version
  • Install + configure new version

Changes so far
  • Require DVBViewer Recording Service 1.26.0 or later
  • Replaced XML parsing library.

Upcoming changes
  • * Merge Portisch improvements (broadcast socket)
    * Add setting for low performance devices (disables logos, etc.)

NB: Since this is a development snapshot the upcoming release will have the same version number

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - NatroN - 2013-10-02

did first tests yesterday on WIN x64 corei3 powered 8gb ram.

Initial Listing is perfectly fast. Very smooth. Channel change to encrypted channel takes 4 seconds - to unencrypted channel 2 - 3 seconds. More than fast enough.

With timeshift enabled the expierence is much worse. Sad more then 20 seconds which is in fact not useable. But I already read this in the initial bug list. Hope there's a way to fix.

Very perfect and fast is the "recordings" section. Much better and even faster than in the original DVBViewer.

What I found as very annoying is that I can pop up the EPG View (which I use ALL the time) with E easily (bound to the guide button on my harmony) but it doesn't dissapear by pressing E again. I've to use TAB?? to get rid of the EPG overlay.
But I'm pretty sure this is a SKIN or XBMC related issue.

keep goin! Good work so far.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - manül - 2013-10-02

(2013-10-02, 16:18)NatroN Wrote: What I found as very annoying is that I can pop up the EPG View (which I use ALL the time) with E easily (bound to the guide button on my harmony) but it doesn't dissapear by pressing E again. I've to use TAB?? to get rid of the EPG overlay.
But I'm pretty sure this is a SKIN or XBMC related issue.
Yep, that's XBMC (neither PVR nor skin) related.