Kodi Community Forum
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+---- Forum: DVBViewer (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=219)
+---- Thread: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR (/showthread.php?tid=140645)

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - piipes - 2014-04-06

I don't use that "series" grouping now, all recordings goes own subfolders automatic.
But you are right, recording service does not send folder structure, so maybe that series grouping is right way to go...

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Waka - 2014-04-08

(2014-04-03, 17:59)manül Wrote:
(2014-04-03, 17:42)Waka Wrote: 1. epg never seems to work they I would hope, I only get epg for a channel (usually) if I select it. Is there some setting in DVB I need to check or do you guys leave your HTPC on 24/7? (I turn mine off every night).
You have a single tuner right? Full EPG scan requires to jump through all transponders which is not possible while watching. So you somehow need to make sure to perform a EPG scan while nobody is watching. Or import EPG from another source (XMLTV or so..). But since I'm having a dual tuner, thus no in-depth knowledge in that area and this issue is only DVBViewer related, please move this question to the DVBViewer forum: http://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum/

(2014-04-03, 17:42)Waka Wrote: 2. bit of a weird one and may only apply to UK channels - some of the HD channels have 2 entries in the channelist in DVBViewer, AC3,eng and NAR. The NAR is additional audio commentary for the visually impaired. Even when I put the AC3,eng channel in my favourites XBMC still plays the additional audio. On satellite receivers there's usually an option to turn this off globally, am I missing something in XBMC?
Can you please try to make the AC3 channel the primary channel in the full channel list? Afaik you just have to drag the AC3 channel above the NAR channel + restart RS + XBMC so changes take effect. The channel referenced in the favourites is only used to search in the full list. So the full list is what matters.

Aha, that's fixed my additional audio problem - thank you very much!

You're right I was using only 1 sat feed into XBMC. I have added the second one but still no complete epg., I'll email the DVBViewer forum to see if they have any ideas.

Thanks again,
W.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - phate89 - 2014-04-09

Hi.. I have a problem. Yesterday i updated dvbviewer to the latest version, same for the service (version 1.0.28), i deleted the old channel list and i did a new scan. I created again my favourites list (i use that list in xbmc with this addon) and i saved everything. So i opend again xbmc and my channel list was empty. So i tried to disable the option to get only favourites and the addon loaded me all the channels well with everything working. I enabled it back and again no channels in list...
What do i miss?
Here's my log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=170198

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - manül - 2014-04-10

(2014-04-09, 20:35)phate89 Wrote: Hi.. I have a problem. Yesterday i updated dvbviewer to the latest version, same for the service (version 1.0.28), i deleted the old channel list and i did a new scan. I created again my favourites list (i use that list in xbmc with this addon) and i saved everything. So i opend again xbmc and my channel list was empty. So i tried to disable the option to get only favourites and the addon loaded me all the channels well with everything working. I enabled it back and again no channels in list...
What do i miss?
Here's my log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=170198
Log says 0 channels transferred to XBMC, which corresponds with your observations.
You're using the remote favourite list, right? If so, have you restarted the recording service after changing the favourite list?

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - phate89 - 2014-04-10

(2014-04-10, 00:00)manül Wrote: Log says 0 channels transferred to XBMC, which corresponds with your observations.
You're using the remote favourite list, right? If so, have you restarted the recording service after changing the favourite list?

Yes i actually rebooted the pc 2 times.
Btw i think it is a problem of dvbviewer and their code.
Now i opened back dvbviewer and removed and re-added one channel and that channel showed up (only that).
Here's my channel list:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2219086/getchannelsxml.html
and here's my favourites list:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2219086/getfavourites.html
As you can see only the first favourite is exactly the same and other channels have different ids but they have the same last 4 digits. Probably until you manually save and close the list they mistakenly keep in memory the old root paths so it doesn't work.
Thanks anyway Wink

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - manül - 2014-04-10

(2014-04-10, 00:33)phate89 Wrote:
(2014-04-10, 00:00)manül Wrote: Log says 0 channels transferred to XBMC, which corresponds with your observations.
Yes i actually rebooted the pc 2 times.
Btw i think it is a problem of dvbviewer and their code.
Now i opened back dvbviewer and removed and re-added one channel and that channel showed up (only that).
As you can see only the first favourite is exactly the same and other channels have different ids but they have the same last 4 digits. Probably until you manually save and close the list they mistakenly keep in memory the old root paths so it doesn't work.
Yep. Perfectly analyzed. My guess is you're (somehow) still having the old channel ids in your favourites. The lower bits of the channel ids are Audio-PID + Service-PID. These usually don't change and explains the same numbers in the lower digits.
Removing + readding all favourites channel by channel should fix this. Or just fix the favourites file directly Wink

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - snoopy78 - 2014-04-10

how do you achieve 1-2 sec channel switching times?

i use RS 1.28 and the xbmc 13 b3 margo with manül's 1.9.15 plugin

i do have 3 dvb-s2 tuner in my rs and when switching between unencr./encr. hd channels is always ~4-7 sec....
Rtsp is not used for live tv, also timeshift is disabled...
funny thing is, that the audio is about 1-2 sec available before pic is comming....

p.s. THANK YOU MANÜL for the qreat plugin Smile

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - noggin - 2014-04-13

(2014-04-10, 16:24)snoopy78 Wrote: funny thing is, that the audio is about 1-2 sec available before pic is comming....

Broadcast TV uses MPEG2 or H264 compression that uses a "Group of Pictures" system, where long sequences of frames are analysed, with only one frame every so often being sent as a full standalone frame, with the rest encoded as "difference" frames to massively reduce the amount of data that needs to be broadcast.

It can therefore take a second or two for the next GOP to be received enough to start generating video, whilst the audio can be decoded far more quickly after a channel change as it doesn't use GOP-style encoding/decoding.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - snoopy78 - 2014-04-13

thanks for the exlanation

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - noggin - 2014-04-13

I think some applications simply mute the audio until the video starts fully decoding - whilst others don't.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - sdfg - 2014-04-18

@manül
Thank you for your plugin.
Tested 1.9.15 on windows and finally timeshifting is usable.
Could you please provide version 1.9.15 for android (arm), so I can test if timeshifting works?
By the way, I've noticed something very strange.
Tv zapping (without timeshifting) is very fast (1-2 secs) with DVB-S (SATELLITE), but slower with DVB-T (DIGITAL TERRESTRIAL), approx. 5-6 secs.
This happens only with dvbviewer plugin. With Mepo and tvheadend plugins zapping has the same speed on both dvb-s and dvb-t.
Also using dvbviewer itself zapping has no speed differences.
If you want logs, tell me.
Thank you,
sdf

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - tocinillo - 2014-04-20

Genres working perfect! All genres/categories is working. I'm using Webgrab+Plus and XEPG to convert the XML file to DVBViewer and then to XBMC. Every 3 days Windows execute a Bat file (automatically) and re-grab all EPG (for the next 3 days). I'm using the latest Gotham Beta 4 with the latest RS and add-on (1.9.15) and Aeon Nox for Gotham. The result...amazing!!

Thank you very much A600 Wink

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - almyyyzzz - 2014-04-21

(2013-12-10, 16:13)Slurm Wrote:
(2013-12-10, 16:06)omnium Wrote: thank you
(2013-12-10, 16:00)Slurm Wrote: You can take my build..
..is there a Gotham Build anywhere?

Unfortunately not Sad

But is it possible to copy all information about dsplayer from "Frodo" to "Gotham"?
Update: Even in Frodo I can't get LAV filters working... DVDPlayer for me is not a big problem, it plays fine CPU is around 8-20%, GPU maybe something around 50%, but problem is that the DVDPlayer's tricky part is channel format switching from 4:3 to 16:9 between movie and commercials and so on. It always stucks on that.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Slurm - 2014-04-21

(2014-04-21, 03:43)almyyyzzz Wrote:
(2013-12-10, 16:13)Slurm Wrote:
(2013-12-10, 16:06)omnium Wrote: thank you
..is there a Gotham Build anywhere?

Unfortunately not Sad

But is it possible to copy all information about dsplayer from "Frodo" to "Gotham"?
Update: Even in Frodo I can't get LAV filters working... DVDPlayer for me is not a big problem, it plays fine CPU is around 8-20%, GPU maybe something around 50%, but problem is that the DVDPlayer's tricky part is channel format switching from 4:3 to 16:9 between movie and commercials and so on. It always stucks on that.

Take a look at the dsplayer thread for a Gotham build.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - manül - 2014-04-21

(2014-04-18, 08:35)sdfg Wrote: Could you please provide version 1.9.15 for android (arm), so I can test if timeshifting works?
In about 2 hours. Just cleaning up the new recordings group-feature I've added.

(2014-04-18, 08:35)sdfg Wrote: By the way, I've noticed something very strange.
Tv zapping (without timeshifting) is very fast (1-2 secs) with DVB-S (SATELLITE), but slower with DVB-T (DIGITAL TERRESTRIAL), approx. 5-6 secs.
This happens only with dvbviewer plugin. With Mepo and tvheadend plugins zapping has the same speed on both dvb-s and dvb-t.
Might be ffmpeg related. Do you hear sound while picture is frozen? Logfile won't help

(2014-04-20, 18:14)tocinillo Wrote: Thank you very much A600 Wink
A600 is gone since about 1.5 years Smile - But thanks.