Kodi Community Forum
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+---- Forum: DVBViewer (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=219)
+---- Thread: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR (/showthread.php?tid=140645)

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - NatroN - 2014-05-16

thought this could help but i can't find the dxva2 setting in gotham

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - snoopy78 - 2014-05-16

i use since ~ 1yr the RS (now 3x dvb-s2, 1x dvb-c & 1x dvb-t) on a dedicated server and connect several xbmc clients using manül's pvr plugin as my main and only tv

since the last releases & the "new" margo branch the channel switching times are down to 2-8 seconds (max. 8sec = hdtv on diff transponder with encryprtion) so now the usuability is good..if not very good...when using timeshift

but i do NOT use rtsp for streaming as my lan bandwith is high enough

server is an i5 cpu, ssd (os) and hdd (for recording) win srv2012, always latest dvbviewer/rs version
favourites.xml are stored centralized for easy and automatic deployment
clients mostly windows 7 and some mobile (android) ones usind the dvviewer ctrl package from app store
(clients also use xbmc's advanced wol to wake the server when sleeping)

all in all great system and my dad is interested in such a solution too

so from my side a really big thanks to manül for this great plugin

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Etharr - 2014-05-16

I have strange issue with XBMC and DVB Viewer Recording Service.

My hardware:
Digital Devices Cine ver.6
Digital Devices Octopus CI
Deltacam + paytv card

In MTD (Multi Transponder Decrypting) mode channel change vary from 4 to 15 (not acceptable) seconds.
In STD (Single Transponder Decrypting) mode channel change vary from 3 to 5 seconds.

Does anyone have similar issue?

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - nuts - 2014-05-16

Same problem with DVBViewer Pro as Client?

I will test this soon with my DD Hardware (deltacam as well) and report here, but I am afraid that it's the sourcefilter/splitter and so there will be no easy solution.

Nope. Using DVBViewer or DD-TV as client, channel change is almost as fast as using standalone DVBViewer.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - nuts - 2014-05-16

I mean: MTD vs STD mode Smile

RS => DVBV / DD-TV or DVBV / DD-TV standalone is almost the same.

For DVBViewer as client there is no difference between MTD and STD mode.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - manül - 2014-05-16

(2014-05-16, 14:38)dhjgv Wrote: because of some Firewallthings in the office I wanted to change the Streaming Port (7522) to another.

If my mind isn't fooling me, in an earlier version there was the possiblity to change this within the addon.
Can I do this with your version also? (maybe hardcoded and not over the GUI)
Yes, there was an old setting. But newer RS versions provide the streaming port as part of their API. So just change the port in the RS configuration interface and everything will automagically work Smile

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - dhjgv - 2014-05-16

(2014-05-16, 16:52)manül Wrote:
(2014-05-16, 14:38)dhjgv Wrote: because of some Firewallthings in the office I wanted to change the Streaming Port (7522) to another.

If my mind isn't fooling me, in an earlier version there was the possiblity to change this within the addon.
Can I do this with your version also? (maybe hardcoded and not over the GUI)
Yes, there was an old setting. But newer RS versions provide the streaming port as part of their API. So just change the port in the RS configuration interface and everything will automagically work Smile

Perfect! I tested it yesterday but it wasn't working. Maybe i have to reset the PVR Database i think? Wink

Edit: Workshop like a charm Smile

(2014-05-16, 14:49)NatroN Wrote: thought this could help but i can't find the dxva2 setting in gotham

Settings have to be in expert Mode.

Video -> accleration

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - NatroN - 2014-05-16

found it - green stuff is gone Smile thanks

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - phate89 - 2014-05-17

Hi. I have a problem with the addon. Until now i only used it to watch one channel randomly and handling recordings (so not an heavy use). But today i started to play with it and i noticed a strange thing.
With rtsp disabled if i change the channel xbmc always stops the tv and returns to the list of channels no matter what. All channels works without problem but i can't switch between channels. So i tried with rtsp but in that case works well (even if it's slower to open channels).
Here's the log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=203065

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - sdfg - 2014-05-17

(2014-05-16, 15:31)snoopy78 Wrote: server is an i5 cpu, ssd (os) and hdd (for recording) win srv2012, always latest dvbviewer/rs version
clients mostly windows 7 and some mobile (android) ones usind the dvviewer ctrl package from app store
The real problem is xbmc in android.
A Margro version is not available, and dvbviewer is not so fast using android version of the plugin, but I think is not related to the plugin but to xbmc itself (maybe buffering problems).
I'm not sure because I'm still testing.
Anyway, I can say that xbmc in windows (margro's build) with 1.9.15 dvbviewer plugin is a good combination.
If someone else can make some test with Android version, trying to find out where the problem is ...
Bye,
sdf

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - dhjgv - 2014-05-17

Even the non margo Version is Super fast now.
For me the switching Times Are under 2 sec with timeshift enabled Wink

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - snoopy78 - 2014-05-17

(2014-05-17, 08:19)sdfg Wrote:
(2014-05-16, 15:31)snoopy78 Wrote: server is an i5 cpu, ssd (os) and hdd (for recording) win srv2012, always latest dvbviewer/rs version
The real problem is xbmc in android.
A Margro version is not available, and dvbviewer is not so fast using android version of the plugin, but I think is not related to the plugin but to xbmc itself (maybe buffering problems).
I'm not sure because I'm still testing.
Anyway, I can say that xbmc in windows (margro's build) with 1.9.15 dvbviewer plugin is a good combination.
If someone else can make some test with Android version, trying to find out where the problem is ...
Bye,
sdf

yes.. the android speed is true.. but that's not manül's or dvbviewers fault.....
i had (i bricked it while flashing linux on it) one ATV1200 android device which wasn't even able to fluent playback the hdtv stream without buffering via lan... and my boxee box xbmc is working, but sound issues... on my tablets there are also all kind of different issues...so for me currently android is a no go for xbmc
i can recommend you the app "dvbviewer controller" from playstore... it's also using my centralized favourites (so all channels are in same order) and can tell the server to transcode for low bandwith (like 3g/4g)..or to record tv...i'm using this to watch tv via vpn from my mobile when i'm on business trip while at home i use the windows xbmc

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - sdfg - 2014-05-18

(2014-05-17, 09:57)snoopy78 Wrote: yes.. the android speed is true.. but that's not manül's or dvbviewers fault.....
i had (i bricked it while flashing linux on it) one ATV1200 android device which wasn't even able to fluent playback the hdtv stream without buffering via lan... and my boxee box xbmc is working, but sound issues... on my tablets there are also all kind of different issues...so for me currently android is a no go for xbmc
i can recommend you the app "dvbviewer controller" from playstore... it's also using my centralized favourites (so all channels are in same order) and can tell the server to transcode for low bandwith (like 3g/4g)..or to record tv...i'm using this to watch tv via vpn from my mobile when i'm on business trip while at home i use the windows xbmc
Ithink your problems are mostly hardware related, (maybe hw acceleration lacking).
In my configuration it's not an hardware problem (Snapdragon 800); it's really something xbmc related.
Most problems are related to radio part, because tv part wokrs quite well (with MediaPortal and DvbViewer without timeshifting).
Not sure what it is, but surely is related to buffering and/or demuxing.
I know this for sure, because when use OpenElec+TvHeadend as backend, tv and radio zapping in Android is lightning fast (1 sec).
Bye,
sdf