Kodi Community Forum
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+---- Forum: DVBViewer (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=219)
+---- Thread: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR (/showthread.php?tid=140645)

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - nuts - 2014-06-06

(2014-06-06, 16:37)CiNcH Wrote: The best solution would be though, if XBMC did not perform the TEARDOWN/SETUP at each channel change.
+1

Maybe someone can explain (again?) why "TEARDOWN/SETUP" has to be done at each channel change?

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Etharr - 2014-06-06

(2014-06-06, 16:37)CiNcH Wrote: This is a combination of how XBMC changes channels (by always performing a TEARDOWN/SETUP), how the DVBViewer Recording Service handles a TEARDOWN/SETUP (by re-opening the tuner), how the PMT is handled by the DD MTD remuxer when reopening the tuner and how the DeltaCam handles the PMT delivered by the DD driver. There will hopefully be a workaround in next DeltaCam firmware. Some more detailed info can be found here.

The best solution would be though, if XBMC did not perform the TEARDOWN/SETUP at each channel change.

Thanks for the explanation and the hope that the problem will soon be solved.
I suspected that the problem is on the side of XBMC, but it's good to know that there is a workaround.
Now I know that the money spent on DeltaCam were a good investment.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - CiNcH - 2014-06-07

Quote: Maybe someone can explain (again?) why "TEARDOWN/SETUP" has to be done at each channel change?
I created a feature request for it as I don't know which component's responsibility it is to change such a behavior.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - CiNcH - 2014-06-07

When running XBMC and DVBViewer Recording Service on the same PC, I can't go into suspend (S3, Suspend-to-RAM) triggered by XBMC. Here is the RS log:
Code:
07.06.14 16:04:00.061 TRecordingEngine     AddReference     webserver: 2
07.06.14 16:04:19.090 tStreamClient        Release          Digital Devices DVB-S/S2 Tuner 1 (1)
07.06.14 16:04:19.090 tStreamClient        Destroy          Digital Devices DVB-S/S2 Tuner 1 (1)
07.06.14 16:04:19.359 TRecordingEngine     Powermessage     Going Away...
07.06.14 16:04:19.363 tStreamClient        Destroyed        Digital Devices DVB-S/S2 Tuner 1 (1)
07.06.14 16:04:19.363 tStreamClient        hamDeleted       Digital Devices DVB-S/S2 Tuner 1 (1)
07.06.14 16:04:19.363 TRecordingEngine     ReleaseReference TStreamClient: 1
07.06.14 16:04:34.532 ReleaseStandbyblock  webserver
07.06.14 16:04:34.532 SetThreadExecutionState 0x80000000
07.06.14 16:04:34.532 TRecordingEngine     ReleaseReference webserver: 0

So XBMC seems to shutdown the PVR part and then tries suspend. But the RS has not yet released all references (streaming client and webserver for commands). This results in the RS preventing suspend and setting AWAY mode. Everything happens in the same second. So if XBMC just waited a bit before trying suspend, so giving the RS time to properly close everything, it should be fine. Can this somehow be achieved?

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Etharr - 2014-06-07

I updated DeltaCam firmware with version 1.57.0853 provided by CiNcH and performed tests with two clients (XBMC frontend) connected simultaneously to DVBVierwer Recording Service.
It seems that the problem with the mode MTD has been completely resolved.
In addition, I haven't noticed any new problems with the new firmware version.
I guess this is great news for everyone using DD hardware and DeltaCam.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - manül - 2014-06-10

(2014-06-07, 16:16)CiNcH Wrote: So XBMC seems to shutdown the PVR part and then tries suspend. But the RS has not yet released all references (streaming client and webserver for commands). This results in the RS preventing suspend and setting AWAY mode.
Press the stop button first to shutdown the tv stream. Then, after the tv stream has been closed and XBMC is back in the main menu, suspend your computer. Thats how I do it.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - CiNcH - 2014-06-10

Quote: Press the stop button first to shutdown the tv stream. Then, after the tv stream has been closed and XBMC is back in the main menu, suspend your computer. Thats how I do it.
Thanks for your advice.

Have you ever experienced this issue with ffmpeg DXVA? Quite some streams do not play fine. Do you guys use SW decoding and rendering?

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - smiffy1989 - 2014-06-10

Has anyone got Genre colours working in the EPG? In the Recording Service Genre is displayed fine but in XBMC:

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Etharr - 2014-06-16

(2014-05-16, 15:59)Etharr Wrote: I have strange issue with XBMC and DVB Viewer Recording Service.

My hardware:
Digital Devices Cine ver.6
Digital Devices Octopus CI
Deltacam + paytv card

In MTD (Multi Transponder Decrypting) mode channel change vary from 4 to 15 (not acceptable) seconds.
In STD (Single Transponder Decrypting) mode channel change vary from 3 to 5 seconds.

Does anyone have similar issue?
New DeltaCam firmware fix that issue, but you have to treat it like workaround for internal XBMC issue.

Link to new firmware: DeltaCam firmware ver. 1.58

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - phate89 - 2014-06-21

(2014-05-30, 03:01)phate89 Wrote:
(2014-05-17, 00:42)phate89 Wrote: Hi. I have a problem with the addon. Until now i only used it to watch one channel randomly and handling recordings (so not an heavy use). But today i started to play with it and i noticed a strange thing.
With rtsp disabled if i change the channel xbmc always stops the tv and returns to the list of channels no matter what. All channels works without problem but i can't switch between channels. So i tried with rtsp but in that case works well (even if it's slower to open channels).
Here's the log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=203065

I found out that even selection the channel from the list fails the first time and only the 2nd time it opens the channel. Is it someone that can help me figure it out why it's only my problem?

Not even the developer knows what's wrong here?

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - manül - 2014-06-22

(2014-06-21, 11:20)phate89 Wrote: Not even the developer knows what's wrong here?
That's because it's not related to the PVR plugin, but rather to your backend:
Code:
$ wget 'http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=203065&mode=raw' -qO- | grep -e 'opening live stream on url' -e CCurlFile
15:04:09 T:3888   DEBUG: opening live stream on url 'pvr://stream/tv/82.ts'
15:04:15 T:3888   DEBUG: opening live stream on url 'pvr://stream/tv/200.ts'
15:04:17 T:3888   ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Failure when receiving data from the peer(56)
15:04:17 T:3888   ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Connect, didn't get any data from stream.
15:04:19 T:4764   DEBUG: opening live stream on url 'pvr://stream/tv/2.ts'
15:04:28 T:7144   ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Timeout was reached(28)
15:04:28 T:7144   ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Connect, didn't get any data from stream.
15:04:33 T:4764   DEBUG: opening live stream on url 'pvr://stream/tv/1.ts'
15:04:34 T:4764   ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Failure when receiving data from the peer(56)
15:04:34 T:4764   ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Connect, didn't get any data from stream.
15:04:38 T:4236   DEBUG: opening live stream on url 'pvr://stream/tv/68.ts'
15:04:53 T:4236   DEBUG: opening live stream on url 'pvr://stream/tv/2.ts'
15:04:55 T:4236   ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Failure when receiving data from the peer(56)
15:04:55 T:4236   ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Connect, didn't get any data from stream.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - amiga500 - 2014-07-06

Is any way to make channel switching faster using dvbviewer addon? It is very slow comparing with for example tvheadend.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - RAMDisK - 2014-07-07

Thank you for this fantastic Plugin.
XBMC is now my Nr. 1 on my HTPC.

I have some improvements for the great Developers.

1.) Please make the possibility to set a file-size to the timeshift-buffer and when getting this File-Size, the timeshift-buffer begins new (delete the old file and writing a new)
Reason: Timeshifting on smale discs e.g. RAM-Disc stop the TV-Stream when the Disc is full.
The best solution is a function like the Ring-Buffer http://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum/topic/32473-timeshiftplus-plugin-erweiterte-timeshift-funktionalitaet-ringpuffer/ or the Timeshifting from Mediaportal.

2.) A Bug. If I activate Timeshifting, I don´t get Fullscreen althoug I´ve activated the Fullscreen-Function in the settings.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - beeswax - 2014-07-18

The addon is working fantastically in the current stable Gotham build but in desperation for the new date sorting in TV Shows, I've installed today's nightly only to find this completely breaks the add on. Is this an issue affecting all PVR addons or have the nightlies broken some specific to the DVBViewer add on?

When I say completely broken, I mean trying to load any aspect of the add on results in a plain black screen.

Edit: turns out this is a skin problem, the skin I'm using doesn't have the file MyPVRChannels.xml which must be a new requirement as it works in the latest stable. I'll raise this with the skin author.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - manül - 2014-07-23

(2014-07-07, 11:37)RAMDisK Wrote: 1.) Please make the possibility to set a file-size to the timeshift-buffer and when getting this File-Size, the timeshift-buffer begins new (delete the old file and writing a new)

2.) A Bug. If I activate Timeshifting, I don´t get Fullscreen althoug I´ve activated the Fullscreen-Function in the settings.
1.) That's known but don't expect a fix soon. As a workaround you can change the path of the buffer file to point to a slower device. It's in the PVR settings.
2.) That has nothing to do with the PVR.