Kodi Community Forum
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+---- Forum: DVBViewer (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=219)
+---- Thread: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR (/showthread.php?tid=140645)

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - whatwentwrong81 - 2015-01-24

hi i have an issue that has popped up in the last 2 days. every so often my epg pops on screen without me requesting it. it will pop up wether im watching tv, a video in my library or an addon. also previously i could only get a now and next epg for the channel i was watching but when the epg pops up it os a full epg. this is sweet if only it didnt pop up randomly. i have two machines one with the dvbs2 card in and another which connects remotely. its only the remote pc that has the issue. have i messed up on something.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - michasvision - 2015-01-26

First of all: Thank you for your work!

I am facing exactly this problem:

(2015-01-13, 20:27)andi_s Wrote: there was a problem discussed last year that when you start watching a recording which is still running the replay will stop when it reaches the end position of the recording from the time when the replay started.
So when you start to watch a recording 15 minutes after the start the replay will end after 15 minutes although the recording has been extended meanwhile.

@Manül: Could you please confirm that it is an issue?
I am using Recording Service 1.30.1, KODI 14 on Windows 7 (NUC).
Thank you.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - manül - 2015-01-26

(2015-01-26, 00:06)michasvision Wrote:
(2015-01-13, 20:27)andi_s Wrote: there was a problem discussed last year that when you start watching a recording which is still running the replay will stop when it reaches the end position of the recording from the time when the replay started.
So when you start to watch a recording 15 minutes after the start the replay will end after 15 minutes although the recording has been extended meanwhile.

@Manül: Could you please confirm that it is an issue?
Yes, known and no fix available.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - trogggy - 2015-01-26

(2015-01-26, 01:03)manül Wrote: Yes, known and no fix available.
As a workaround for this I've set the recordings folder as a separate source in kodi, called it 'in-progress' and put a shortcut to it in the pvr sub-menu on my home screen. If I come out of pvr I can watch the whole file by going into that folder - the description just isn't as pretty as it's the file name, but if folder-view is set to 'date added' it's the top item.
Maybe it's possible to write a script to just play the most recent file in that folder (to look prettier) - but it works well enough for me as it is.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Piers - 2015-01-26

Sorry to ask again, but any update due for the EPG issue? I've been changing my skin files to PlotOutline, but it's not a great solution. I'm still uncertain why the only a few of us appear to have this issue - if you could explain a little more then I'm happy to make whatever changes are needed to DVBViewer.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - michasvision - 2015-01-27

(2015-01-26, 01:03)manül Wrote: Yes, known and no fix available.

I'm only asking since this issue is keeping me (better: wife) from using KODI...:
Is this problem related to all PVR add-ons? Or is it special because of DVBViewer RS?

(2015-01-26, 15:33)trogggy Wrote: As a workaround for this I've set the recordings folder as a separate source in kodi, called it 'in-progress' and put a shortcut to it in the pvr sub-menu on my home screen. If I come out of pvr I can watch the whole file by going into that folder ...

My DVBViewer RS is working on a dedicated machine.
Sorry, I'm very new to KODI. Could you elaborate your workaround...?
Thank you.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - trogggy - 2015-01-27

(2015-01-27, 00:32)michasvision Wrote: My DVBViewer RS is working on a dedicated machine.
Sorry, I'm very new to KODI. Could you elaborate your workaround...?
Thank you.
I'll have a go - just let me know if you don't understand a step.

On your server right click the recording service tray icon and click 'configure'.
That brings up the service options panel.
Look on the LHS of the panel, select 'recorder'.
Check where the recordings are saved (default is something like c/public/video, I've moved mine to a different drive). Make a note of the address of this folder. You can close the options panel now.

Open kodi.
Go to videos/files. Choose 'Add Videos'. Browse to the folder you noted earlier (where recordings are stored). Add this folder as a source, give it a meaningful name (eg PVR Recordings).

Now if you want to watch a recording that's already going navigate to this folder and it'll play fine from there.
If you set the view to order by date then it will be at the top of the list.
If you want to place this folder on the home page or in a sub-menu then the process (and whether you can) will depend on the skin you're using. You could also add the folder to your favourites via the context menu, and access it that way.

Hope that's clear, feel free to ask if not - but it'll be tomorrow now.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - manül - 2015-01-27

I've removed the "Unable to connect to the DVBViewer Recording Service"-notification as requested. There's still a connection lost notification from Kodi itself, which can easily be disabled in settings.

Will look into the EPG issue tomorrow.

I'll also close this thread as soon as the next development version is ready. This thread is waaay to long and for newcomers it's next to impossible to find known bugs and possible solutions. I'll open up a new one.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - fenano - 2015-01-29

Thanks manül for your awesome plugin, I use it every day and it works great.

I have a couple of questions I hope you can help me with.

I'm just syncing my favorites, but there are two channels that don't appear on the channel list (Cbeebies HD and CBBC HD). I checked the favorites.xml and they are there, so no idea why I can't get those in kodi.

I reloaded the favorites in kodi and changes done after putting these channels in, appear on kodi so I'm loading the right file.

Besides, Is there an official repo to keep your plugin up to date? According to kodi I'm running 1.9.23 but checking your github the last version is 1.9.26 (is there any compiled version available for win7 kodi 14?

Thanks in advance and keep the great work!

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - manül - 2015-01-29

(2015-01-29, 11:30)fenano Wrote: I'm just syncing my favorites, but there are two channels that don't appear on the channel list (Cbeebies HD and CBBC HD). I checked the favorites.xml and they are there, so no idea why I can't get those in kodi.

I reloaded the favorites in kodi and changes done after putting these channels in, appear on kodi so I'm loading the right file.
I guess the channel ids have been updated and the favourites are still referencing the old ones. DVBViewer has probably some fallback logic if the id couldn't be found, like matching only the first 32bit. Please try to remove both channels from your favourites and re-add them again. This should solve the problem. [Clarification: I'm doing the 32bit match as well. But I guess DVBViewer is doing some more fallback matching].
Otherwise I need your http://<RS_HOST>/api/getfavourites.html + http://<RS_HOST>/api/getchannelsxml.html

(2015-01-29, 11:30)fenano Wrote: Besides, Is there an official repo to keep your plugin up to date? According to kodi I'm running 1.9.23 but checking your github the last version is 1.9.26 (is there any compiled version available for win7 kodi 14?
1.9.24 - 1.9.26 mostly includes translation imports + a PVR bump for nightly. No new major features.
But setting up a repo is actually a good idea because I'm currently struggling with the best way to manage the version numbers for nightly + current kodi release. A repo could hide this quite nicely. Thanks for bringing this back to my mind Wink

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - josef00 - 2015-01-30

hi sir

any way to activate the RTSP (ip tv) in DVBViewer add on for xbmc

coz I test the last version 1.9.23 with RTSP option not work

any way to enable this feature in DVBViewer client Add on for Xbmc

thanks

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Piers - 2015-01-31

(2015-01-29, 17:24)manül Wrote:
(2015-01-29, 11:30)fenano Wrote: I'm just syncing my favorites, but there are two channels that don't appear on the channel list (Cbeebies HD and CBBC HD). I checked the favorites.xml and they are there, so no idea why I can't get those in kodi.

I guess the channel ids have been updated and the favourites are still referencing the old ones. DVBViewer has probably some fallback logic if the id couldn't be found, like matching only the first 32bit. Please try to remove both channels from your favourites and re-add them again. This should solve the problem. [Clarification: I'm doing the 32bit match as well. But I guess DVBViewer is doing some more fallback matching].
Otherwise I need your http://<RS_HOST>/api/getfavourites.html + http://<RS_HOST>/api/getchannelsxml.html

(2015-01-29, 11:30)fenano Wrote: Besides, Is there an official repo to keep your plugin up to date? According to kodi I'm running 1.9.23 but checking your github the last version is 1.9.26 (is there any compiled version available for win7 kodi 14?
1.9.24 - 1.9.26 mostly includes translation imports + a PVR bump for nightly. No new major features.
But setting up a repo is actually a good idea because I'm currently struggling with the best way to manage the version numbers for nightly + current kodi release. A repo could hide this quite nicely. Thanks for bringing this back to my mind Wink

I've made further progress on the EPG issue over at the DVBViewer forum. Here's a quote "The long text is in the EventDescription German TV Stations are using the Extended Event Text for that."

So it's not an issue with the add-on, it's an issue with DVBViewer Sad

manül: here's further information which, hopefully, should allow you to produce a full fix for the EPG.

1) http://127.0.0.1:8089/api/epg.html?lvl=2 provides the EPG
2) title, event and description are provided
3) The issue causing this is UK DVB-T2 using the Description in the Event area, which is producing the issue.
4) The developer from DVBViewer says that the easiest fix would simply be to use Event and Description for the EPG - only one is current being used.

Again, happy to test out any version you need testing.

And, yes, I realise how annoying it is when someone like me posts endlessly about this - sorry Sad

Further.

I've just looked through the xml the API provides, I can clearly see the issue now.

For one programme:
<descriptions>
<description>[16:9] [stereo] [eng] [DVB subtitles] [eng]</description>
</descriptions>
<event>
Andrew Neil is joined by Michael Portillo, Alan Johnson, Miranda Green and Vicky Pryce. Plus Esther Rantzen looks at being Jewish in Britain and George Zach on the Greek election. Also in HD. [S]
</event>

So ideally I'm guessing a combination of the above would work for everyone? Can someone else look at their xml output and see if it's similar?

Further additional:

I've been looking at the source on git, from what I can see you're already using something similar to the above. Although I might be totally wrong. Hmm