Kodi Community Forum
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+---- Forum: DVBViewer (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=219)
+---- Thread: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR (/showthread.php?tid=140645)

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - CommanderROR - 2012-10-01

Raspbmc RC5 is out now, will try with the plugin later.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - CommanderROR - 2012-10-01

Funny fact...the DVBViewer plugin works in Raspbmc RC5 on the newest nightly, the TVHeadend plugin doesn't, now has the same problem the previously incorrectly compiled DVBViewer plugin had... Wink

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - A600 - 2012-10-02

(2012-10-01, 11:38)omnium Wrote: what is the difference between the nightlies from today vs. yesterday? The add on wont start with Windows XBMCSetup-20121001-79e7c0c-master.exe from today.

Tha API version was bumped so you'll have to wait until the next release of the PVR.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - omnium - 2012-10-02

Thank you for the info

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - feelx - 2012-10-02

Does anybody know why the channel switching speed is so slow compared to TvHeadend ?

I don't think it's the Recording Service since as most of you know DVBViewer itself switches channel mostly below 1sec.

I guess it'd be the TCP? (not sure if it is) connection or some Videostream metadata which may not be so important but it'd be great to know what exactly it is.

And I can't say it often enough but besides TVHeadend (which didn't work so good for me) this is the best PVR Plugin implementation XBMC had so far, thank you alot for all the awesome work Smile !

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - starkun - 2012-10-03

Hi all! sorry for my bad english!!!

i have one problem - my channel.dta file includes UTF-8 but your addon collects ANSI how can I solve this problem!!!! I tried to change the encoding but lost all channels!!!

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Steini1971 - 2012-10-04

Hi,

there is one point:

In the recording service the channel list starts with 0 and at the plugin with 1.
So the channel list is different.

Is is not a big thing, normally is correct to start with 1.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - starkun - 2012-10-06

My list of channels in Russian .... 22.TV file open everything in Russian,but addon not to see it = (((

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - alan - 2012-10-07

Hi A600,

I installed the XBMC Frodo Nightly Build and the plug (pvr.dvbviewer.zip), but when I clicked the live TV button in the UI, XMBC alarmed that " No PVR clients have been started yet.....". but actually I already started dvbviewer recording service as the backend and have the plug run in XMBC. What's the problem? Could you help me out? Thanks a lot.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - paavoris - 2012-10-07

(2012-10-07, 19:25)alan Wrote: Hi A600,
I installed the XBMC Frodo Nightly Build and the plug (pvr.dvbviewer.zip), but when I clicked the live TV button in the UI, XMBC alarmed that " No PVR clients have been started yet.....". but actually I already started dvbviewer recording service as the backend and have the plug run in XMBC. What's the problem? Could you help me out? Thanks a lot.

Answer from the previous page:

(2012-10-02, 17:57)A600 Wrote: Tha API version was bumped so you'll have to wait until the next release of the PVR.

So you can use a little bit older version of frodo or just patiently wait for updated DVBViewer plugin. Wink

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - alan - 2012-10-08

Hi Paavor,

Thanks for your explanation.
I tried the version released on Sept 30th, the dvbviewer client plug works. It make me excited. XMBC is a great media center for HTPC. I'm looking forward the official version.

I'm sure the language and the region setting in XMBC are set correctly,but all live TV channels with chinese words are messay code. Could you please advise how to figure it out?

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - alan - 2012-10-08

Hi Paavor,

Sorry for one more question, when I set the language and the region for XMBC to be simplified Chinese, all buttons in the UI are changed to be Chinese except " Live TV", How can I change the wording " Live TV" to be Chinese?

Besides, some Skins (such as AEON NOX, I really love this skin) doesn't include Live TV module, how can I add it in?

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - mickt - 2012-10-08

I am using the pvr service, but I am unable to record. I know the timers do not work, is this the case for recording also?

Thanks

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - daveUK - 2012-10-08

(2012-10-08, 05:00)alan Wrote: Hi Paavor,

Sorry for one more question, when I set the language and the region for XMBC to be simplified Chinese, all buttons in the UI are changed to be Chinese except " Live TV", How can I change the wording " Live TV" to be Chinese?

Besides, some Skins (such as AEON NOX, I really love this skin) doesn't include Live TV module, how can I add it in?

change skin to confluence, enable livetv in settings then change back to Aeon Nox

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - A600 - 2012-10-09

(2012-10-02, 20:10)feelx Wrote: Does anybody know why the channel switching speed is so slow compared to TvHeadend ?

TVHeadend sends the streams to XBMC already demuxed while this PVR all it does (and can do) is to pass the url with the http stream.

(2012-10-03, 09:20)starkun Wrote: i have one problem - my channel.dta file includes UTF-8 but your addon collects ANSI how can I solve this problem!!!! I tried to change the encoding but lost all channels!!!

Fixed.

If there aren't any last-minute bugs, I'll release tomorrow version 0.1.5 with these changes:

Quote:- [added] Timers support.
- [added] An option to load the channels from favourites.xml instead of from channels.dat (a reset of the PVR database is required).
It usually is located at c:\Users\All Users\CMUV\DVBViewer\ or c:\Users\<your user>\CMUV\DVBViewer\
Those are hidden folders so be sure to enable the "Settings\Appearance\File Lists\Show hidden files and directories" option.
- [fixed] The preferred language is loaded from the DVBViewer config and used to get the correct EPG in case it supports multi language entries.
- [fixed] When the EPG is missing the description entry, the event entry is used.
- [fixed] Channel names with utf8 chars weren't displayed properly.