Kodi Community Forum
Supporting multiple image types - need input (test build inside) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Supporting multiple image types - need input (test build inside) (/showthread.php?tid=142589)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Supporting multiple image types - need input (test build inside) - jingai - 2012-10-26

(2012-10-26, 22:30)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-10-26, 22:27)jingai Wrote:
(2012-10-22, 06:06)jmarshall Wrote: Ok, listitem.art(tvshowthumb) is fixed in the above case. I had a look at case-sensitivity, and have confirmed that properties have always been case-sensitive**. Similarly, art will always be case sensitive.

I don't mean to question you but... we have 455 references to ListItem Properties in Metropolis and all of them are mixed-case. We'd have noticed if they didn't work.. are you really certain they're all supposed to be lower case?

probably you´re referring to custom properties which you have created yourself. then they can be uppercase of course. jonathan is talkin about the container properties.

Ohh... no, I wasn't referring to that, but I see now. I thought he was saying they were all supposed to be lowercase. Nevermind on that then Smile

RE: Supporting multiple image types - need input (test build inside) - jingai - 2012-10-27

Ok, it's working fine for Music -- I had missed a few things apparently.

But ListItem.Property(Fanart_Image) doesn't work in Addons. Is it supposed to?

RE: Supporting multiple image types - need input (test build inside) - jmarshall - 2012-10-27

No, they are case-sensitive. You can use any case you like, though obviously they have to match across all uses of them. Most XBMC ones are lowercase, but not all (eg the properties for recently added on the home page).

RE: Supporting multiple image types - need input (test build inside) - jingai - 2012-10-27

(2012-10-27, 00:52)jmarshall Wrote: No, they are case-sensitive. You can use any case you like, though obviously they have to match across all uses of them. Most XBMC ones are lowercase, but not all (eg the properties for recently added on the home page).

I managed to get that all figured out, thanks Smile

But ListItem.Property(Fanart_Image) doesn't work in addons. Neither does ListItem.Art(fanart). I'm specifically trying to get fanart in the Advanced Launcher addon. It works with XBMC builds before 2012/10/10 and doesn't with builds after that. Is this part just not implemented yet or am I possibly doing something wrong?

RE: Supporting multiple image types - need input (test build inside) - Hitcher - 2012-10-27

Fanart for the actual addon or fanart for items displayed by the addon?

(2012-10-27, 10:02)Hitcher Wrote: Fanart for the actual addon or fanart for items displayed by the addon?

Both actually. I don't see fanart in the addon browser for addons that I know should have fanart. Additionally, one addon in particular -- Advanced Launcher -- sets the Fanart_Image property for its items. The fanart displays fine in XBMC builds prior to 10/10/2012.

RE: Supporting multiple image types - need input (test build inside) - Hitcher - 2012-10-27

$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)] working here -

RE: Supporting multiple image types - need input (test build inside) - ronie - 2012-10-27

(2012-10-27, 15:26)jingai Wrote: Additionally, one addon in particular -- Advanced Launcher -- sets the Fanart_Image property for its items. The fanart displays fine in XBMC builds prior to 10/10/2012.

i can confirm setting the fanart_image property in addons does not work anymore.

@Hitcher,

So it is... apparently I goofed this up at some point in the past.

So... are they working inside addons for you?

RE: Supporting multiple image types - need input (test build inside) - jmarshall - 2012-10-28

fanart_image property from python should be fixed in 8ab4836b64ce.

RE: Supporting multiple image types - need input (test build inside) - jmarshall - 2012-10-29

Ok, after a lot of deliberation, changes are on their way.

Primarily: thumb will not be set in the video database for movie, set, show or season items. Except in the case that we really, really don't have a poster or banner. Thumb will, ofcourse, be available as a fallback for skinners, json-rpc etc (i.e. it will fallback to poster or banner).

The logic is explained in the pull request:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1694

A win32 build of that branch is being done up at the moment - will update this post with the link when it's done.

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win32/XBMCSetup-20121029-09083dd-sore_thumbs.exe

NOTE: Known problem in this build with local season thumbs - season01.tbn is not read, while season-01.tbn is. This will be fixed so that the former is read but the latter is not.

Cheers,
Jonathan

RE: Supporting multiple image types - need input (test build inside) - Hitcher - 2012-10-29

When do you sleep? Wink

RE: Supporting multiple image types - need input (test build inside) - nessus - 2012-10-29

(2012-10-29, 10:58)Hitcher Wrote: When do you sleep? Wink

Code:
If condition [ slippy ]
    [ statements ]
[ ElseIf elseifcondition [ Then ]
    [ elseifstatements ] ]
[ Else
    [ go to sleep ] ]
End If

RE: Supporting multiple image types - need input (test build inside) - Hitcher - 2012-10-29

Everything is working perfectly Jonathan and makes displaying posters only in my video info dialog a whole lot easier.

The only thing I couldn't test was season.poster, season.banner, and season.fanart [allow a full art map (banner/poster/fanart) for seasons] because 'allow Choose Art to work for seasons in the video info dialog' doesn't let you choose season specific art.

Also, what format should they be for local storage?

RE: Supporting multiple image types - need input (test build inside) - MassIV - 2012-10-29

A quick question, just to be sure. All local art will take/keep priority over scraped art?
No need for "use poster/banner.jpg" options in the skin?
-edit, thnx Martijn-