Kodi Community Forum
Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: TinyMediaManager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=204)
+---- Thread: Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) (/showthread.php?tid=142723)

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - audio.addicted - 2013-02-08

Wrong Thread.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - opeters - 2013-02-08

Hi,

I have an annoying issue. The program fails in finding all the folders. In the directory I am trying to use are 300+ folders. It stops at folder 73 on this share (always) and hangs...
It seems it stops after processing the movie.iso file. This also happens on all other shares, so it's not only with this "iso" file.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-02-09

(2013-02-08, 22:20)Marx1 Wrote: it's a bit complicated because while proxy is ntlm based, I use cntlm daemon to go through it, that way any application can use proxy without authorization.
If there would be java library which allows to use any xbmc scraper, would you mind to integrate it with tmm?

just found out, that the new version of Apaches HTTPClient did fix some problems with proxies and ntlm auth (http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-ga/ntlm.html)
If you want, I could guide you to test tmm with the new HTTPClient

btw: I have an experimental implemention of a xbmc xml scraper parser. But I stopped debugging it, because almost every xml got errors and I did not have any useful tool to test the xml (to find out if the xml is wrong or my scraper has a problem)

(2013-02-08, 22:37)opeters Wrote: Hi,

I have an annoying issue. The program fails in finding all the folders. In the directory I am trying to use are 300+ folders. It stops at folder 73 on this share (always) and hangs...
It seems it stops after processing the movie.iso file. This also happens on all other shares, so it's not only with this "iso" file.

It looks like mediainfo has some problems with parsing some files (at least watching you logs gave me that impression)... I will have a look at this Wink

Odp: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - Marx1 - 2013-02-09

Currently I have a break time for a week and will be away but I'm willing to test proxy later when I return home.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-02-09

no problem: have a nice week Smile

btw: I used a proxy with ntlm auth at office - tmm works there.. maybe we use an older version of the MS proxy at work. Would be nice if you could test it with your proxy (maybe I'll add the new version of httpclient in the next week - so you don't have to change the lib manually)

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - Ecwfrk - 2013-02-11

Had some time and finally tracked down a problem I've been having (in all versions I've tested with Java 7r11).

When I have a filter active, the Edit Movie dialog will become "inactive". It'll come up, I can adjust things, but when I click ok the window doesn't close and it doesn't write anything to the nfo. It does however write it to the TMM DB so things will appear to have changed in TMM.

Also, and more importantly, the data associated with the filter that is/was active will appear to have been wiped when the happens. For example, if the genre filter was active, TMM will show no Genre info exists for the movies(s) you tried to edit when the filter was active. And this will remain in the TMM DB until it's reinitialized. However, if you turn off the filter causing the ok button to not function, it will start working again immediately. And if any of the info is in a "wiped" state in TMM's DB, it will wipe that info from the nfo too.

The Watched filter doesn't seem to cause a problem and I haven't tried the duplicate filter. But the filters from Genre down all cause it.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-02-11

thanks for the info

I could reproduce the problem - there is an exception thrown if you edit the information on which has been filtered. I will have a look at it today

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-02-11

@Ecwfrk: found the problem. It was pretty weird - the filter on the genres was causing it.
I hope I could solve it (for the next release). All tests here looked good so far

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-02-13

it has been a long time since the last release - so here is the next Smile

13.02.2013 - Beta - r279
improved handling of various image filenames
reworked the movie renamer (now renaming will work even better with all different image filenames)
internal rework on scraper handling: now its easily possible to choose the scraper and the data to be scraped
"update datasources" will now remove movies which are no longer accessible (ie deleted/moved movies)
added initial support for DVD/BR disc folders
added a warning, that .tbn image filenames will be dropped soon
added a settings option for movie-filenames
added a possibility to rename only files/folder (if there is no renaming pattern entered, the part won't be renamed)
improvements in certification parsing (but there is more work to do)
improved importing of NFO which only contained an url in the "thumb" tag
fixed a bug when parsing runtime from NFO which contains the string "min"
fixed parsing of genres in NFO (mostly written by Ember)
fixed a bug where the extrathumb folder has been created everytime an image was chosen
fixed a bug where no trailers were written to the NFO
fixed a bug where changing metadata on which has been filtered, caused tmm to hang
added more default filenames to be recognized on import
updated HTTPClient to 4.2.3
last, but not least: added a "Donate" option to the "?" menu Wink

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - Igtenio - 2013-02-14

mlaggner, I just wanted to say that it was nice to see all the stuff fixed and updated in the new release. Smile

Unfortunately, I think I might've stumbled onto a bug related to the fanart images, and might've been caused when you tried fixing the extrathumb folder bug.

In short, unless you click the checkmark and select the image, TMM doesn't seem to save the fanart to the movie directory. You can select it during scrapping, and it'll act like it was saved, but it won't be in the folder nor will TMM show it. If you edit the movie and reselect the fanart, it'll still act like it, but still not actually save it. Only by clicking the checkmark box and selecting the image is it saved, but into the extrathumb folder as thumb1.jpg, requiring it to be manually moved and renamed to show up.

I checked it with multiple movies, restarted TMM, restarted my computer just in case, and it's still doing it.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - RichS-5277 - 2013-02-15

Might have missed this being asked ..... Any chance of mySQL support ?

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-02-15

@Igtenio: Could you check 2 different things: a) is there an Artwork Provider selected in the settings panel? (It might by, cause you get posters..)
b) is one ore more "fanart name" selected? (if its so - please tell me which one and/or send me you config.xml). We changed some things in the file namings - maybe we stumbled one Wink

@RichS-5277: do you mean mySQL access to the xbmc database? i suppose this won't get into tmm

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - Ecwfrk - 2013-02-15

(2013-02-15, 00:44)RichS-5277 Wrote: Might have missed this being asked ..... Any chance of mySQL support ?

I'd imagine not. TMM doesn't access the XBMC DB at all in any format. Accessing DBs directly is dangerous and not durable.

What you do is use the media manager (like TMM) to write/tweak your NFOs and images the way you want them, then use XBMC to scrape them into the Database (SQL or otherwise).
That way, if your database ever gets blown up, you can get everything back up the way it was as fast as XBMC can scrape the info off your HD without having to pound the index sites and your bandwidth scraping everything all over again.

If you do a lot of editing of existing records, you can do a library refresh to get everything quickly imported to your DB.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - Igtenio - 2013-02-16

(2013-02-15, 08:04)mlaggner Wrote: @Igtenio: Could you check 2 different things: a) is there an Artwork Provider selected in the settings panel? (It might by, cause you get posters..)
b) is one ore more "fanart name" selected? (if its so - please tell me which one and/or send me you config.xml). We changed some things in the file namings - maybe we stumbled one Wink

It's funny, when I went into TMM to test these, I didn't have any movies available. I checked in settings, and my movies source was gone. I set it back to the folder I keep them in, then checked the settings you mentioned...and didn't have a fanart naming scheme selected.

I can't say for sure if that was the case when it wasn't doing fanart earlier, since I was stupid and didn't check the settings, but after testing with a fanart name selected(And it worked fine), I unclicked it and tested it, and it did the same thing it was before(Can select, won't save).

So...maybe my setting for that got removed when I used it last, then it also removed my movie source setting this time? Eitherway, it's working now. Sorry about that. Smile

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-02-16

@Igtenio: I just encountered the same problem on my test installation. I think it comes through an internal rename of the filename options (the old option which resisted in the config does not exist any more, so there was no fanart file naming seletected! - I am sorry about that)

@all: If you have problems, that no fanarts are written - check settings. Maybe there is (due to the update) no fanart filename selected!