Kodi Community Forum
Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: TinyMediaManager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=204)
+---- Thread: Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) (/showthread.php?tid=142723)

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - Marcos - 2013-02-17

Just fund this thread, will try out your program thanks

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - deh2k7 - 2013-02-17

(2013-02-07, 21:04)mlaggner Wrote: - i can add other images like clearart, banner, etc. but I have no clue at the moment how to implement it Smile

Hi Mlaggner -

thanks for all of your other answers as well. Here is the API for fanart.tv and how to retrieve logo, disc, clearart, etc.

http://fanart.tv/api-docs/movie-api/

Can we add an option to scrape the movieset field from TMDB? This would be good for those of us that have existing NFO's, but do not have any moviews/collections populated in the fields. I have a lot of moviesets and doing this manually would be a pain, but at least getting a basis from TMDB would be a great start.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-02-17

(2013-02-17, 19:39)deh2k7 Wrote: Hi Mlaggner -

thanks for all of your other answers as well. Here is the API for fanart.tv and how to retrieve logo, disc, clearart, etc.

Can we add an option to scrape the movieset field from TMDB? This would be good for those of us that have existing NFO's, but do not have any moviews/collections populated in the fields. I have a lot of moviesets and doing this manually would be a pain, but at least getting a basis from TMDB would be a great start.

we already have fanart.tv included Wink the problem is, that I have no clue where to put that things in tmm (display images for example).

I already have plans to add a feature, which automatically creates moviesets from the movies in your database. But this feature would need a lot of requests to TMDB and we have a limitation (30 requests per 10sec per IP), so I am unsure how to throttle this.. But its planned and now it got a higher priority Wink

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - deh2k7 - 2013-02-18

(2013-02-17, 20:15)mlaggner Wrote:
(2013-02-17, 19:39)deh2k7 Wrote: Hi Mlaggner -

we already have fanart.tv included Wink the problem is, that I have no clue where to put that things in tmm (display images for example).

I already have plans to add a feature, which automatically creates moviesets from the movies in your database. But this feature would need a lot of requests to TMDB and we have a limitation (30 requests per 10sec per IP), so I am unsure how to throttle this.. But its planned and now it got a higher priority Wink

Awesome, thanks ML! As far as where to put the images,, could always just put placeholders for them along the top next to the poster - disc, logo, clearart, banner, thumb. Might be a bit crowded, there but could work.

Another thought is an extra tab at the bottom where you have an "Extra Artwork" tab after the trailer tab.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - deh2k7 - 2013-02-19

ML - I'm having issues with importing more than about 700-800 of my movie collection. TMM keeps crashing during a source update. My collection is ~1750. I try reloading TMM, and updating the source after the crash, but i never makes it. I'm guessing a memory leak or overflow of some kind, but I don't know where to look for logs. How can I help you investigate this issue?

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-02-19

the easiest way is to send a bug report (menu tinyMediaManager -> Report a bug and make sure "Logs" are checked)

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - deh2k7 - 2013-02-21

OK, i sent you a bug report. I figured a memory leak, but the process never consumed much more than 200MB. It's a full Java crash when it happens.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-02-21

Hi,

unfortunately the jvm crash did not write any logs Sad

but you can still check some things:

a) does tmm always crash at the same movie? (if that is so, could you try to open the moviefile with http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net and watch there if an error is reported)
b) do you get an error message when the jvm crashes? (you could try to start tmm from command line (maybe this prints out an error): go to the tmm install folder and execute the following command java -Xms64m -Xmx512m -splashConfusedplashscreen.png -jar tmm.jar )

regards
Manuel

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - RichS-5277 - 2013-02-21

is there any chance of being able to add multiple movies (select multiple movies and right click > Add to movieset) please - TMDb does not have a listing for some sets, and they cant be created (ie Disney Classic Collection) either this or have a log in to TMDb and use personal lists?

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - Temhil - 2013-02-21

yes it is explained in the wiki: http://code.google.com/p/tinymediamanager/wiki/Moviesets

I tried the option 2 yesterday and it worked without problems (created my own movie set then added movie to it):

Quote:"You can simply add a new movieset by clicking the "add" button in the movieset panel and inserting a name for it. After you added a new movieset, you have two options to add movies to a movieset.
Option two is to manually assign movies to a movieset. This can be done in the movie edit window. There is a new option called movieset where you have a dropdown with an empty movieset (to unassign) and all moviesets. Just choose the movieset and this movie is assigned to the movieset."

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - deh2k7 - 2013-02-22

(2013-02-21, 09:08)mlaggner Wrote: Hi,

unfortunately the jvm crash did not write any logs Sad

but you can still check some things:

a) does tmm always crash at the same movie? (if that is so, could you try to open the moviefile with http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net and watch there if an error is reported)
b) do you get an error message when the jvm crashes? (you could try to start tmm from command line (maybe this prints out an error): go to the tmm install folder and execute the following command java -Xms64m -Xmx512m -splashConfusedplashscreen.png -jar tmm.jar )

regards
Manuel

OK, running from cmd line i can see debug msgs now. it seems to be crashing whenever it hits Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. It's strange. I have all of my movies titled exactly as they show up on IMDB, and I had artwork and NFO for this one too. At first the NFO looked like it was the problem, but i rewrote it, and tried again, still crashing. I removed the NFO altogether and STILL got a crash. It must not like the movie file. i have the following files:

\Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007).m2ts
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007).nfo
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)-poster.jpg
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)-fanart.jpg

Finally, just removed the movie and it's still scanning now. The debug logs were not very informative, just same lines as for other movies, but it crashed the JVM everytime it hit the movie, with no erro msg.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - deh2k7 - 2013-02-22

OK, finished scanning the rest of my library with no issues, except for HP. it's really strange, and neither XBMC nor Ember report any issues with the movie.

I managed to get the error finally. Kinda looks like a mediainfo issue:

Code:
2013-02-21 21:21:40,644 DEBUG [SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-5] (MovieList.java:387)
- find movies in directory \\SINGULARITY\Movies\Harry Potter and the Order of t
he Phoenix (2007)
2013-02-21 21:21:40,649 DEBUG [SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-5] (MovieList.java:424)
- found video files in \\SINGULARITY\Movies\Harry Potter and the Order of the P
hoenix (2007)
2013-02-21 21:21:40,651 DEBUG [SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-5] (MovieList.java:428)
- no movie exists in path \\SINGULARITY\Movies\Harry Potter and the Order of th
e Phoenix (2007)
2013-02-21 21:21:40,652 DEBUG [SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-5] (Movie.java:1087) -
try to find a nfo for \\SINGULARITY\Movies\Harry Potter and the Order of the Pho
enix (2007)
2013-02-21 21:21:40,653 DEBUG [SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-5] (Movie.java:1109) -
parsing nfo\\SINGULARITY\Movies\Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)
\Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007).nfo
An unrecoverable stack overflow has occurred.
#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  EXCEPTION_STACK_OVERFLOW (0xc00000fd) at pc=0x06caffa9, pid=10524, tid=6072
#
# JRE version: 7.0_13-b20
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (23.7-b01 mixed mode, sharing windows-x86
)
# Problematic frame:
# C  [mediainfo.dll+0x1fffa9]  MediaInfo_Info_Version+0x1fad49
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client vers
ions of Windows
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\tinyMediaManager\hs_err_pid10524.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#

Also - a couple things of note with the writing of NFO files:
you use a <THUMB> (for the poster) and <FILENAME> tag in the NFO. This hard codes the path for both the poster and the movie file in the NFO which can be bad if one ever rearranges the collection. I have not seen this written by XBMC or any media editor or othherwise used by anything previously. Any reason that you do this with TMM? Can we disable this?

Also, I noticed when saving a collection for a movie, as a test, TMM rewrote the NFO, even though collection was the only thing that I modified. It altered a number of fields and stripped the file info/stream details section altogether. I don't know if this is as designed, but I was expecting when editing/updating movie sets that that would be the only field modified. Even more generically, if I alter one field, I would expect TMM to leave everything else untouched and neither add nor remove data, alter tags or anything else unless the user modified it.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - RichS-5277 - 2013-02-22

(2013-02-21, 20:59)Temhil Wrote: yes it is explained in the wiki: http://code.google.com/p/tinymediamanager/wiki/Moviesets

I tried the option 2 yesterday and it worked without problems (created my own movie set then added movie to it):

Quote:"You can simply add a new movieset by clicking the "add" button in the movieset panel and inserting a name for it. After you added a new movieset, you have two options to add movies to a movieset.
Option two is to manually assign movies to a movieset. This can be done in the movie edit window. There is a new option called movieset where you have a dropdown with an empty movieset (to unassign) and all moviesets. Just choose the movieset and this movie is assigned to the movieset."

Hi Temhil

I know I can manually add / Create moviesets, however I think it would be most useful to be able to add in Bulk to a set, via a right click menu option, (maybe add to existing, and create new being submenus) as I have 50+ that belong in a specific set (Disney Classics) and with the best will in the world whilst doing them individually is an option, a bulk option is surely going to be useful in other situations also.Nod

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-02-22

sorry for late response @all - have been busy these days

@RichS-5277: I could imagine such a feature - there are some options (already mentioned) which could be done in batch in tmm; I will put it to my todo list. Please understand, that this option will not have high priority - there are some (many) other things to do first

@deh2k7: found the problem which causes the jvm crash. it will be fixed in the next release;
<THUMB> and <FILENAMEANDPATH> are mentioned in the xbmc wiki (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFO_files/movies) so I included these. If they are technically wrong, I have no problem to remove them Wink
writing NFOs in tmm is done by jaxb: it "marshalls" an java object into a xml file with a given structure; this is the easiest way to write xmls in java. after every bigger change on a movie object (everytime when its stored into the internal database) the object is marshalled out to the nfo - so its completely rewritten. To achieve (if its possible) a delta change of the NFO would be some work.. do I need to invest time into this problem? are there any important details in the nfo which tmm doesn't write?

(2013-02-22, 21:35)mlaggner Wrote: sorry for late response @all - have been busy these days

@RichS-5277: I could imagine such a feature - there are some options (already mentioned) which could be done in batch in tmm; I will put it to my todo list. Please understand, that this option will not have high priority - there are some (many) other things to do first

@deh2k7: found the problem which causes the jvm crash. it will be fixed in the next release;
<THUMB> and <FILENAMEANDPATH> are mentioned in the xbmc wiki (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFO_files/movies) so I included these. If they are technically wrong, I have no problem to remove them Wink
writing NFOs in tmm is done by jaxb: it "marshalls" an java object into a xml file with a given structure; this is the easiest way to write xmls in java. after every bigger change on a movie object (everytime when its stored into the internal database) the object is marshalled out to the nfo - so its completely rewritten. To achieve (if its possible) a delta change of the NFO would be some work.. do I need to invest time into this problem? are there any important details in the nfo which tmm doesn't write?

I would say that <thumb> and <filenameandpath> are unnecessary since they contain hardcoded paths and paths can change later. If you think about it, nfo and artwork can only be stored in certain places, and XBMC already knows how to get them, so this is redundant. I have been using Ember previously, both for XBMC and prior to that for YAMJ and I never needed these types of fields in the NFO. Does anyone else have an opinion?

Regarding rewriting the NFO - I think it comes into play when someone has manually modified an NFO to correct something, er perhaps has been using other programs and currently has everything in a state that they want. For example, I periodically update the rating/votes and sometimes the cast information, but don't want anything else changed in the NFO. That's a case where always rewriting the whole NFO can cause issues. Again, perhaps I'm in the minority, and maybe some others should weigh in.