Kodi Community Forum
Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: TinyMediaManager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=204)
+---- Thread: Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) (/showthread.php?tid=142723)

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-02-26

@RichS-5277: I've just implemented a feature called bulk editing. With this feature you are able to change genres, tags, movie set assignment and watched flag for multiple movies. Will be published in the next release

@deh2k7: I've added the possibility to store tags which are not used by tmm - so other information in the NFO won't be lost (at least if the information is in a tag I've added to my nfo Smile ) At the moment tmm will also respect the following tags in an existing NFO:
Code:
epbookmark;
top250;
lastplayed;
country;
status;
code;
aired;
premiered;
resume;
dateadded;

filenameandpath and the thumb will no longer be written to the NFO

Odp: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - Marx1 - 2013-02-27

Is there possibility to test scrapping with xbmc scrapers? I know that often they doesn't parse but I don't see a problem to fix them to be parseable.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-02-27

Just today I've spent some time with the xbmc scraper parser Wink

the main problem is the following: I found no suitable way to cross check the results from a scraper xml (tmm result and "working/right" result).
I often have the problem that a result is wrong and I do not know if the scraper is wrong or my parser...
I've also checked ScraperEdit and I did not get any result from 3 different scraper.

Would it be a solution if I extract the scraper logic into a test app, so you could check the xmls if they are "working the right way"?

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - deh2k7 - 2013-02-27

(2013-02-26, 13:59)mlaggner Wrote: @RichS-5277: I've just implemented a feature called bulk editing. With this feature you are able to change genres, tags, movie set assignment and watched flag for multiple movies. Will be published in the next release

@deh2k7: I've added the possibility to store tags which are not used by tmm - so other information in the NFO won't be lost (at least if the information is in a tag I've added to my nfo Smile ) At the moment tmm will also respect the following tags in an existing NFO:
Code:
epbookmark;
top250;
lastplayed;
country;
status;
code;
aired;
premiered;
resume;
dateadded;

filenameandpath and the thumb will no longer be written to the NFO

Hi ML - I just did a brief test, and it looks like things are good with your changes. I would definitely pay attention to fields like Genre that some users may have custom Genres and TMM should not alter those custom genres, but propagate them when saving. Right now TMM doesn't even show them at all when importing NFO's. I know that you want to stick with the IMDB-standard genres, and that's completely fine, just make sure that you don't strip values out.

One other thing - your changes to catch certification in the format <certification>USA:R</certification> works well, but you refort the value on saving back to just "R". Also, the MPAA field has a more lengthy value, the reason for the rating, e.g. "Rated R for strong language and sexual situations" and you reformat the mpaa to just the "R" rating.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-02-27

it has been a while since the last release - so there is a new one:

27.02.2013 - Beta - r306
feature: added bulk editing of: genres, tags, movieset assignment and watched flag
feature: XBMC NFO writing should now respect many (in tmm) unused tags rather than overwrite it completely
feature: added mediainfo logos for common formats (some of the logos will appear, if you recollect mediainfo data)
feature: actor images con now be stored in .actors folder
feature: jpg and png should now be stored with the correct filetype
feature: added spoken languages (not in NFO so far)
feature: moviesets are now sorted alphabetically
feature: added sorttitle as an extra changeable field in the movie editor (will be filled automatically when in a movieset)
feature: added <fileinfo> tag in XBMC NFO
fix: fixed memory leak with mediainfo
fix: increased stacksize - mediainfo should no longer cause jvm crashes
fix: added throttling of tmdb connections (only 30 requests per 10 sec per IP is allowed)
fix: if a scraper did not find anything - nothing found will be shown in the movie chooser
fix: if a scraper did not find anything - nothing will be overwritten when force best match
fix: imdb scraper now serves more accurate search results
fix: more failsafe extraction of "external" NFOs (i.e. from Ember or XBMC)
fix: each director/writer (credits) will be stored in its own tag in the XBMC NFO
fix: only the first studio will be exported into the XBMC NFO

last but not least: there is now a official homepage for tmm (its not completely finished yet):
www.tinymediamanager.org

(2013-02-27, 21:47)deh2k7 Wrote: Hi ML - I just did a brief test, and it looks like things are good with your changes. I would definitely pay attention to fields like Genre that some users may have custom Genres and TMM should not alter those custom genres, but propagate them when saving. Right now TMM doesn't even show them at all when importing NFO's. I know that you want to stick with the IMDB-standard genres, and that's completely fine, just make sure that you don't strip values out.

One other thing - your changes to catch certification in the format <certification>USA:R</certification> works well, but you refort the value on saving back to just "R". Also, the MPAA field has a more lengthy value, the reason for the rating, e.g. "Rated R for strong language and sexual situations" and you reformat the mpaa to just the "R" rating.

Custom genres is a tricky point - I've put all TMDB/IMDB genres into an enum - so no other genres are "allowed".. This is also the reason, why I can't import them (and also rewrite). Maybe I've to rewrite them - I will have a talk to myron, how to handle this..

Certification is the other big point (on which myron already works). Certification in XBMC are not fully "defined" - see the Issue on google code (http://code.google.com/p/tinymediamanager/issues/detail?id=20). But I am sure we will find here a solution

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - saitoh183 - 2013-02-28

Just tried the latest version and cleared DB (update source doesnt seem to work) and cleared cache. I restart the app and it loads only the first 24 movies and stops.

Code:
2013-02-03 17:40:34,073 DEBUG [SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-1] (MovieList.java:335) - no movie exists in path D:\Videos\Movies\Dan in Real Life (2007)
2013-02-03 17:40:34,073 DEBUG [SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-1] (Movie.java:1098) - try to find a nfo for D:\Videos\Movies\Dan in Real Life (2007)
2013-02-03 17:40:34,075 DEBUG [SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-1] (Movie.java:1120) - parsing nfoD:\Videos\Movies\Dan in Real Life (2007)\Dan in Real Life (2007).nfo
2013-02-03 17:40:34,457 DEBUG [SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-1] (Movie.java:711) - found poster D:\Videos\Movies\Dan in Real Life (2007)\Dan in Real Life (2007)-poster.jpg
2013-02-03 17:40:34,458 DEBUG [SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-1] (Movie.java:814) - found fanart D:\Videos\Movies\Dan in Real Life (2007)\Dan in Real Life (2007)-fanart.jpg
2013-02-03 17:40:34,458 DEBUG [SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-1] (MovieList.java:350) - store movie D:\Videos\Movies\Dan in Real Life (2007)
2013-02-03 17:40:34,504 DEBUG [SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-1] (MovieList.java:294) - find movies in directory D:\Videos\Movies\Death Note (2006)
2013-02-03 17:40:34,524 DEBUG [SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-1] (MovieList.java:331) - found video files in D:\Videos\Movies\Death Note (2006)
2013-02-03 17:40:34,524 DEBUG [SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-1] (MovieList.java:335) - no movie exists in path D:\Videos\Movies\Death Note (2006)
2013-02-27 18:25:47,661 DEBUG [SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-1] (MovieList.java:387) - find movies in directory D:\Videos\Movies\Alien (1979)
2013-02-27 18:25:47,671 DEBUG [SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-1] (MovieList.java:424) - found video files in D:\Videos\Movies\Alien (1979)
2013-02-27 18:25:47,671 DEBUG [SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-1] (MovieList.java:428) - movie not yet in our DB, so add D:\Videos\Movies\Alien (1979)
2013-02-27 18:25:47,672 DEBUG [SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-1] (Movie.java:1155) - try to find a nfo for D:\Videos\Movies\Alien (1979)
2013-02-27 18:25:47,673 DEBUG [SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-1] (Movie.java:1177) - parsing nfoD:\Videos\Movies\Alien (1979)\Alien (1979).nfo
2013-02-27 18:25:48,167 DEBUG [SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-1] (Movie.java:780) - found poster D:\Videos\Movies\Alien (1979)\Alien (1979)-poster.jpg
2013-02-27 18:25:48,168 DEBUG [SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-1] (Movie.java:838) - found fanart D:\Videos\Movies\Alien (1979)\Alien (1979)-fanart.jpg
2013-02-27 18:25:48,168 DEBUG [SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-1] (MovieList.java:443) - store movie D:\Videos\Movies\Alien (1979)
2013-02-27 18:25:48,227 DEBUG [SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-1] (MovieList.java:387) - find movies in directory D:\Videos\Movies\Alien 3 (1992)
2013-02-27 18:25:48,262 DEBUG [SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-1] (MovieList.java:424) - found video files in D:\Videos\Movies\Alien 3 (1992)
2013-02-27 18:25:48,262 DEBUG [SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-1] (MovieList.java:428) - movie not yet in our DB, so add D:\Videos\Movies\Alien 3 (1992)
2013-02-27 18:25:48,262 DEBUG [SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-1] (Movie.java:1155) - try to find a nfo for D:\Videos\Movies\Alien 3 (1992)
2013-02-27 18:25:48,307 DEBUG [SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-1] (Movie.java:1177) - parsing nfoD:\Videos\Movies\Alien 3 (1992)\Alien 3 (1992).nfo
2013-02-27 18:25:48,462 DEBUG [SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-1] (Movie.java:780) - found poster D:\Videos\Movies\Alien 3 (1992)\Alien 3 (1992)-poster.jpg
2013-02-27 18:25:48,463 DEBUG [SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-1] (Movie.java:838) - found fanart D:\Videos\Movies\Alien 3 (1992)\Alien 3 (1992)-fanart.jpg
2013-02-27 18:25:48,463 DEBUG [SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-1] (MovieList.java:443) - store movie D:\Videos\Movies\Alien 3 (1992)

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-02-28

weird.. there is no hint in the logs which causes the lock.

does tmm crash completely?

could you try to:
a) delete/rename the native folder inside the tmm install folder
b) start tmm via doubleclick on tmm.jar

this will cause tmm to start without mediainfo loaded - if you can import your database this way, than we (still) have a problem with mediainfo..

Odp: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - Marx1 - 2013-02-28

I've also tried ScraperEdit with mixed results.
I can test your parser and in fact I plan to build another application based on scraper library, so such library would be great idea.
1) scraper must work on xbmc
2) scraper must be valid xml
Getting the two should be enough to test.
ScraperEdit is able as much as download list of movies fitting criteria, it fails during choosing first from list.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - gibxxi - 2013-02-28

@mlaggner: Would it be possible to have some kind of queue system integrated when scraping multiple movies? As it stands if you do a CTRL+A and select all the movies in your library, then select "Scrape Selected Movies" (by accident or otherwise) you have to manually OK / Cancel each scrape. Which is OK for small selections, but for a large movie collection, if you decide to cancel the operation, you have to "cancel" on each individual movie selected.

If this isn't possible, maybe a warning dialog would be advisable to warn people that selecting multiple items could cause them to have a lot of work ahead of them if they later decide to cancel the action - at least for the manual scraping option.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - saitoh183 - 2013-02-28

(2013-02-28, 10:22)mlaggner Wrote: weird.. there is no hint in the logs which causes the lock.

does tmm crash completely?

could you try to:
a) delete/rename the native folder inside the tmm install folder
b) start tmm via doubleclick on tmm.jar

this will cause tmm to start without mediainfo loaded - if you can import your database this way, than we (still) have a problem with mediainfo..

B: resulted in catching 42 movies instead of 24.

Doing A and then B same result as just using B

Doing A and then using the exe seems to work partially (went from 42 to 390 but i have 500+ movies) and the update data source,even after movies where added, works now.

***Edit***

Cleaned DB and cache , did A again and started the exe, only 42 movies picked up....and update source doesnt want to add more. Also its always the same 42 movies...im guessing this is just the scan order.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - myron - 2013-02-28

Don't Panic!
TMM has calculated it twice - you have basically only 42 movies.
Either that, or you just found the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything!
SCNR Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Since it happens with and without the /native folder,
it has nothing to do with MediaInfo this time Smile
Why it (kinda) works after A+Exe and after cleaning again not, i have no clue yet.... investigating.

You could try to delete your tmm.odb (and maybe config.xml) to start completely clean.
Another solution would be to download the latest netinstaller and overwrite everything...
Maybe you could delete the /logs aswell, so we have clean ones (would be good to have them with 42 and 390 movies for a comparison)
(use the report-a-bug feature in TMM to send them in)
Edit: is ther a hs_err_pid* file? Please send

hth
Myron

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-02-28

saitoh183 you could do one more thing for me. If a thread crashes in tmm, there is no log written for this crash and a user cannot see it.

BUT: could you start tmm via command line?

Quote:open cmd.exe
go to the tmm install folder and execute the following command: java -Xms64m -Xmx512m -Xss512k -splashConfusedplashscreen.png -jar tmm.jar

maybe you get an output to the console if something crashes

Thanks!

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - Ecwfrk - 2013-02-28

(2013-02-28, 01:25)saitoh183 Wrote: Just tried the latest version and cleared DB (update source doesnt seem to work) and cleared cache. I restart the app and it loads only the first 24 movies and stops.

Same issue here. Did some quick investigating and found (at least in my case) it's choking when it encounters &apos; in an nfo. Edit: Nope. That wasn't it.
I'm time crunched this week and wasn't able to get any further to test more. Hopefully that's enough to find the problem. Smile

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - myron - 2013-02-28

&apos; is fine, and works for me.please PN me the NFO if possible (maybe i can reproduce this)

invalid NFO XML does not crash the JVM, just continues with next movie, so...

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - Ecwfrk - 2013-02-28

(2013-02-28, 21:48)myron Wrote: &apos; is fine, and works for me.please PN me the NFO if possible (maybe i can reproduce this)

invalid NFO XML does not crash the JVM, just continues with next movie, so...

Yeah, I did a S&R of apos and still had problems. Looks like it was just a coincidence the 3 movies I found that caused it had that in common.

Looks like it has something to do with sets. I took 2 random movies that weren't in sets, put them in my test directory and they parsed fine. Then I added
Code:
<set>1 Collection</set>
to both their nfos and the 2nd one would no longer parse when I reinited the DB.
PMing you a couple stripped nfos with more details.

Edit: Oh, and it doesn't cause a hard crash or even generate any error messages in the log when this happens. Everything works fine with the movies it does load. It just stops parsing when it hits whatever is causing the issue and won't load anything in the directory that comes after it.