Kodi Community Forum
Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: TinyMediaManager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=204)
+---- Thread: Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) (/showthread.php?tid=142723)

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - Negativecreep0 - 2013-06-28

Where would I find this xbmc plugin to properly record the url of the trailer?

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-06-28

@nfolken: I've included the play button today. Stay tuned for the next release Wink Filtering for more than one genre would not be that easy.. I'll have a look if I can handle this

@Negativecreep0: after some research it looks like xbmc need the (at least youtube) trailer links in a special notation: plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=... - I will include that the youtube trailers will be encoded this way, but could someone approve that this is right? I do not use trailers with xbmc..

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - joeshmoe - 2013-06-29

How does this feature work "tinyMediaManager can use this information to automatically assign movies into moviesets"? When I click on the movie sets tab I can't figure out how to automate the process. Is there a wiki?

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-06-30

@joeshmoe: there is a lack of documentation (because there isn't enough manpower to program/fix/maintaining homepage and documentation Sad ). But I've written a small wiki for moviesets - maybe it answers your question: https://code.google.com/p/tinymediamanager/wiki/Moviesets

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - joeshmoe - 2013-06-30

(2013-06-30, 09:28)mlaggner Wrote: @joeshmoe: there is a lack of documentation (because there isn't enough manpower to program/fix/maintaining homepage and documentation Sad ). But I've written a small wiki for moviesets - maybe it answers your question: https://code.google.com/p/tinymediamanager/wiki/Moviesets

That's perfect. Thanks

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-06-30

new version is up:

30.06.2013 - version 2.1 - r694
feature: added play button to launch the video file with your systems default player (post)
feature: notification messages in the UI (post)
feature: summary popup after a task (post)
feature: mass edit of TV show episodes (remove invalid ones/add missed ones, mass change of season/episode number - post)
feature: logging window (for an easy access to the errors/warnings of the log file)
feature: movies can now be automatically assigned to moviesets, when using the TMDB scraper
feature: worked almost all scrapers to provide better search results
feature: live preview of the renamer settings
feature: some enhancements to the renamer
feature: added <dynamic>.fanart.ext as fanart filename
feature: changes trailer urls in XBMC NFO for use with plugins (youtube.com will use the youtube plugin; apple.com, ign.com and some more will use the hd-trailers.net plugin)
fix: hidden folders (like .AppleDouble) are being ignored
fix: email field is now also in the bug report dialog (we need that for questions about the bug if it's not clear)
fix: export templates should work again
fix: little fix to the actor panel (no need to change movie/TV show/episode to display newly added actors)
fix: regathering of mediainfo is now in its own thread and won't block the UI anymore
fix: some problems with tags

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - xynoe4 - 2013-07-02

Hi, sorry for the delay, I've been really busy the last 2 weeks. Just upgraded and did a few tests.

What is the renamer live preview? I could not find a proper way to trigger it. For me, it's behaving like the previous version (no preview, no report). Should I delete something after upgrade or I am missing something else?

Thanks again for your great work.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - ilovecats - 2013-07-03

May I make a small feature request which imo is quite important? Could you please add a "prefer 1080p" option for the hd-trailers.net trailer scraper? And even better, could you please add an option to change the priority of the TMDB/hd-trailers.net trailer scraper so that it can pull from hd-trailers.net first, and if none available, use the TMDB one as a backup?

Thanks!

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - sheasbys - 2013-07-03

I think this is a great little app. I have a few questions and I want to report some consistant inconsistencies.

Noob Questions:
1. I am using Series name folder, Season folder, episodes in the format "Seriesname S01E01" ... , is the best naming convention for TV shows?
2. Can you bulk rename your files and if so how? Currently I am using Apple's Automator so no biggie if not.

Inconsistencies - Don't know what you would need from me to help you debug:
1. For TV Shows with multiple season folders, they show up in the viewer as Season 1, Season 2, etc. (same as folder name) but do not reflect a Series name such as Alias.
2. After initializing the DB, I get hundreds of error messages "Cannot Parse nfo" but it does not seem to be an issue otherwise. As I am a noob maybe it is an issue.

Many thanks,

Stephen

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-07-03

@boulogne75: I may not described the feature good: the live preview shows a renaming preview in the settings, based on a movie of your database Image
I think you looked for a "dry run" of the renamer (which is already on our todo list)

@ilovecats: I do not understand the idea behind it. tmm scraped all trailers it finds - why it should scrape them with priority?

@sheasbys: thx Wink
1. this structure should work flawless with tmm
2. the tv show renamer is in work. It hopefully will be in the next release (2.2)

1. Did you build the structure of your tv show datasource the right way? (see here). The datasource has to be 1 folder above the series folder!
2. this could be true if the existing NFO are not in xbmc format - I may strip out some "useless" messages - could you send me a bug report after scraping? (It's possible directly from within tmm)

Manuel

PS: sorry for the delay - I am hard at work (not tmm^^) these days

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - sheasbys - 2013-07-04

@mlaggner: Thank you for the quick response. Following the info for the TV Datasource solved the issues concerning nfo's. I do have some questions about nfo's:

1. Is it possible to have the episode generated in the nfo have one or more leading 0's?
2. Is it possible to have it dump out the .nfo with a slightly different format and save the file name as .xml? I thought I read something about this but can't find it.

FYI: I renamed an .nfo to .xml to see if this performed on a WDTV device and it works well.

Stephen

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - myron - 2013-07-04

Hi,
IRL is hitting me bad these times... but vacation is in sight.
Lets hope for bad weather Wink

- TvShow renamer: is still on my todo list. Is at least "planned" for v2.2.

- more leading zeros... well, should not be the problem. Will think of it within the renamer Wink
can you a little elaborate this to me? Why is this needed? (beside personal feeling) Any Seasons with more than 100 episodes?!
(this might break our/the xbmc scanner upon import - tbd)

- we currently support XBMC & MediaPortal style NFOs. Whilst most of the MediaCenters can read/import them, there are sometimes small differences (like XML naming)
BUT: if you could tell us, which program you are using, we for sure could generate working NFOs for that (please provide a sample NFO also - possible scraped on the system itself)

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - sheasbys - 2013-07-04

@myron Thanks for the response. Works great in XBMC but I am testing it also on a WDTV for a friend which is the reason for my questions. In particular I have noticed that on the WDTV, as opposed to XBMC, the sorting is messed up because of no trailing 0. Not that big of a deal as I am sure I can suggest a script to mod the XML to include an extra 0 for sorting purposes.

I will ask for an nfo / xml generated from the device and post when I get one.

Another question: What about backdrop images? Don't see it generated.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - myron - 2013-07-04

just to be sure:
Are we talking about a leading zero in filename, or a leading zero within the NFO <episode> tag?!
The former will default to 2 digits (after renaming)...

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - Azake - 2013-07-04

Great work! One can literally feel the love and ambitious work your are taking into.

Someone stated it before. It would be very helpful if you can give me/us a hint how one can manipulate tinymediamanager to choose the right trailer. When I am scraping he is taking almost all time the low res trailers. It would be nice to implement 720p and 1080p and prefer from whom you want your trailers (aol, apple, youtube etc.)
In the first place please let us know or maybe someone can tell me where i can define which trailer res I want.

Great work again because trailers finally working with raspbmc Smile

Cheeeeeers