Kodi Community Forum
Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: TinyMediaManager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=204)
+---- Thread: Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) (/showthread.php?tid=142723)

tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - j2048b - 2013-07-25

Mlaggner:

When i download from the web site on my mac it shows it as version 1, has it been updated for mac as well?

Also r u gonna add sub title scraping as well? Or is there another place to grab subs from and add them to all my folders?

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - myron - 2013-07-25

Well, the download on the page is just a bootstrap installer.
The barely minimum TMM with updater.
But if you have already an instance running, you usually don't need that.
Just start TMM, it should always auto update itself...
(check the about page for current version info)

Subtitle scraping is on (an already quite long) todo-list

Same to TV filtering :|

tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - j2048b - 2013-07-25

Thanks!

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - alspoll - 2013-07-25

Is there a place to see the feature list so we do not ask for anything already requested?

tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - j2048b - 2013-07-26

Ok i got to ask if subtitle scraping is on where does it fo to scrape for them because out of my 3tb of movies not 1 has ever gotten subs? Did i not enable this in settings or is there somewhere i beed to enable sub scraping?

Thanks man awesome media manager

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - nipnup - 2013-07-26

(2013-07-26, 06:23)j2048b Wrote: Ok i got to ask if subtitle scraping is on where does it fo to scrape for them because out of my 3tb of movies not 1 has ever gotten subs? Did i not enable this in settings or is there somewhere i beed to enable sub scraping?

Thanks man awesome media manager

It's on the todo list, not turned on Smile

tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - j2048b - 2013-07-26

Oh ok cool thanks! It will be awesome! Will it also include tv shows?

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - nipnup - 2013-07-26

I love the update TV show feature - could that be offered also combined with scrape metadata for the new shows?

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - spaceghost2000 - 2013-07-28

hello,
Is it possible to roll back to an earlier version? I was playing around and using r725 and had to reinstall (to version r768). I noticed when adding/scraping TV episodes the episode thumbnail is now named differently (the filename that is), than on r725. For example, "S01E01 - Family Guy - Death has a Shadow-thumb.jpg" is now being saved as simply "Death has a Shadow-thumb.jpg". When importing into XBMC it does not show the episode thumbnail. If I manually rename the file to match the movie file, XBMC shows the thumbnail. Scraping previously scraped seasons/episodes yields new thumbnails being created with just the episode title.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-07-28

Hi

unfortunately it is not possible to rollback a version. I've already gotten a bug report according this issue - there was a mistake in the XBMC wiki, so I did the file naming wrong..

I hoped with the naming schene <episode name>-thumb.jpg all problems with multi episode files would have been resolved.. But now the XBMC wiki has been corrected and I've to revert the file naming scheme to <episode file name>-thumb.jpg. So all users with multiepisode files (and DVD/BR images) will have the following problem:
all episodes within the same file/dvd/br image will have the same thumb! (I do not know how to solve that, since XBMC only import this file naming scheme..)

I'll push a bugfix release later

Manuel

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-07-28

(2013-07-25, 20:42)alspoll Wrote: Is there a place to see the feature list so we do not ask for anything already requested?

at the moment there isn't a public place for our ToDo list. I could publish it on our homepage - but I do not even have time to write docs at the moment Wink

(2013-07-26, 06:23)j2048b Wrote: Ok i got to ask if subtitle scraping is on where does it fo to scrape for them because out of my 3tb of movies not 1 has ever gotten subs? Did i not enable this in settings or is there somewhere i beed to enable sub scraping?

Do you speak from downloading subtitles or importing exisiting subtitles (internal/external) into tmm?

(2013-07-26, 09:31)nipnup Wrote: I love the update TV show feature - could that be offered also combined with scrape metadata for the new shows?

Well - I could have a look at this. But updating a datasource/tv show and scraping is indeed a different task and at the moment I can't promise that I can combine these 2 tasks without side effects. But I will have a look at it!

tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - j2048b - 2013-07-28

I was actually asking since it scraped for images and the info, would it also scrape and download the subs as well?

downloading subtitles as well as downloading trailers is on our todo list;
but before we turn tmm into a download manager, we have to build a base strucutre for downloading bigger files (especially for trailers)

stay tuned Smile

28.07.2013 - v2.1 - r773
fix: reverted episode thumb naming
feature: added french/dutch translations (incomplete! please help us at transifex!)

tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - j2048b - 2013-07-28

Will do! This mm is amazing!

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - nipnup - 2013-07-28

(2013-07-28, 09:01)mlaggner Wrote:
(2013-07-26, 09:31)nipnup Wrote: I love the update TV show feature - could that be offered also combined with scrape metadata for the new shows?

Well - I could have a look at this. But updating a datasource/tv show and scraping is indeed a different task and at the moment I can't promise that I can combine these 2 tasks without side effects. But I will have a look at it!

I would envision it to simply run sequentially, i.e. some sort of batch command that would first run the data source update, then go on to run metadata update when the data source is updated (both of which obviously already fully exist). So I guess it'rs really just very few lines of code to be added.