Kodi Community Forum
Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: TinyMediaManager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=204)
+---- Thread: Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) (/showthread.php?tid=142723)

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - imstkgp - 2014-10-29

Hello friends I have found the complete code in java to create your own download manager here .I found it helpful so I am posting this. Hope it would be helpful to you too.

Source code

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - peram1 - 2014-10-30

Sad EXPORT TO HTML ...

when doing a movie export (detail) I get a correct list of the selcted movies in index.html
BUT only one movie in the "movies" directory .html ...

just a bug or am I doing something wrong ?

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - myron - 2014-10-31

please send us the logs, after you tried it again.
(use the BugReporting formular inside TMM)

Just tried it, it works here... generating all the HTML files...

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - peram1 - 2014-11-02

ok - sent ...
to me it seems it cannot write the proper <movie>.html detail file ... Huh

thx for looking into it

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2014-11-14

14. Nov. 2014 - Version 2.6.4
=======================
+ changed Fanart.tv to v3 API (with clientKey)
+ added more artwork scraping dialogs
+ new Excel export template (xml)
+ added $L language renaming option
+ added/improved 3D handling
+ certification bulk edit
+ add season to image chooser title
+ remember last opened directory in the directory/file chooser
x fixed BD NFO
x fixed Excel export template
x fixed/improved some tooltips
x improved artwork sorting, better language detection
x fixed MacOS startup; Java detection, executable, ...
x fixed SSxEE TvShow parser
x fixed movie exporter filename generation
x ingore folders/files starting with .@
x many code cleanups

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - arzach - 2014-11-18

The last update broke everything for me Sad(

Here’s the detail, running on Mac OSX 10.9.5:

The app doesn’t start anymore, even with a fresh reboot of the OS.

I uninstalled it (also deleting the folder in my user library) and reinstalled again.

Then it finally start again, empty.

I entered the source and did a scan, add some episodes, and register the app as a donator.

It asked me to restart the app so I shut it down but then it doesn’t start again.

Is there an older version to download so I can try with that?

EDIT: New test

Uninstalled again, reinstalled.
First run is ok, then I simply closed the app without doing anything.
Since then it doesn't run anymore.

SOLVED:

I've installed a proper Java client (not the one included in the OS) and now it works.

Sorry.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2014-11-18

so you changed to Oracles Java 8? (Just to be informed if another user has the same problem Wink )

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - arzach - 2014-11-21

Yes, the latest offered from Oracle Java website.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - RazorFR - 2014-12-21

Really nice app.

The only drawback vs EMM, I have noticed is that it doesn't seem to recognize correctly DTS Master Audio Tracks (but Dolby True HD is scraped correctly)
For DTS HD, it generates a nfo including <codec>DTS</codec>. I believe it should be <codec>DTS-MA</codec> instead.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - myron - 2014-12-22

we are looking into this.
We maybe just need to upgrade our mediainfo.

For the NFO entries i wouldn't really care.
XBMC does not need them, and (over)writes them on every access...

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - RazorFR - 2014-12-22

Yes indeed, xbmc changes the codec when playing the file, I've just noticed.

I've also seen that when Searching/Scraping TMM is renaming automatically my external subtitles from xxxx.en.srt to xxxx.anglais.srt Smile
Very strange... As I am French, it doesn't bother me a lot, but I'm not sure if it is really intended to work that way (TMM UI is in english, and I am running Windows 7 in French)

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - myron - 2014-12-23

yes, this is intentional ^^
We rename the subtitle to the user's default Java language, since XBMC displays this filename part in UI.
But you are right, we might tweak that to use the GUI language, not the system one...

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - romeon - 2014-12-28

edit: sry, wrong thead ...

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - spinmaster - 2014-12-29

Quick question regarding Moviesets (Movie Collections from themoviedb.org):

Is there a reason why the movieset fanart data is duplicated in each movie (sub)folder instead of storing it once in the parent folder?

For example, I end up with the following folder structure after scraping:

/movies/The Fly Collection/
/The Fly (1986)
- banner.jpg
- fanart.jpg
- movie.nfo
- movieset-fanart.jpg
- movieset-poster.jpg
- poster.jpg
- The Fly (1986).avi
/The Fly II (1989)
- banner.jpg
- fanart.jpg
- movie.nfo
- movieset-fanart.jpg
- movieset-poster.jpg
- poster.jpg
- The Fly II (1989).avi

The files movieset* are duplicated in each folder - I would expect them once in the parent folder ("The Fly Collection").

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2014-12-29

This has one simple reason: Kodi does not have any folder restrictions for movie sets.

You have a clean setup where tmm could put the movie set artwork in the movie set root.

But e.g. my setup would be the following:

/movies/F/Fly, The (1986)/
/movies/F/Fly II, The (1989)/
/movies/F/Fantastic Four - Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007)/

where should tmm put the movie set artwork in this case? /movies/F/ would be definitely wrong.
Since Kodi has no restriction here, we do two things:

a) store the movie set artwork in every movie folder
b) store the movie set artwork in an artwork folder (if enabled in the settings)

Hope this helps