Kodi Community Forum
Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: TinyMediaManager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=204)
+---- Thread: Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) (/showthread.php?tid=142723)

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - gibxxi - 2015-10-04

(2015-10-03, 18:07)mlaggner Wrote: @gibxxi you are absolutely right. Kodi has this feature, but tmm does not. I saw that there are some benefits to store several settings per "data source", but unfortunately this needs many changes inside tmm and is not easily changeable.

I will rethink this and maybe add this in the future

That you have/will consider it as an option is all I can ask for. TMM is already the best tool out of those I've tried, and I've tried pretty much all of them so far. As a stop-gap, changing the scraper from the scraping dialog / match window for each individual show does a similar thing as a work-around, but it can get a bit tedious after a while. Also, it's not much help if you need/want to batch-scrape multiple shows at once.

On a different note, this has probably already been mentioned, but Trakt functionality seems to be a bit problematic atm too (Bad Gateway Errors). Is this because of Trakt 2.0 API / standard?

Gib.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2015-10-04

(2015-10-04, 00:51)gibxxi Wrote: On a different note, this has probably already been mentioned, but Trakt functionality seems to be a bit problematic atm too (Bad Gateway Errors). Is this because of Trakt 2.0 API / standard?

the bad gateway erros are an indicator for an temp. overload of the trakt.tv api.. there is nothing we can change there Sad

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - BuSHari - 2015-10-04

Great media manager!
is there a chance that you can insert the Hebrew language from TMDB & TVDB?
So i can scrape Movies in Hebrew...

Thanks.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - gibxxi - 2015-10-04

(2015-10-04, 10:18)mlaggner Wrote: the bad gateway erros are an indicator for an temp. overload of the trakt.tv api.. there is nothing we can change there Sad

Well I've had to completely rebuild the entire library over the past week , so re-added everything from scratch to TMM. That's probably the reason why then. I'll monitor it and see if the situation improves.

Something else to go on the suggestions pile while I'm on a roll here; The ability to re-name / specify the naming format/convention for the 'Specials' folder. Since Sickbeard has been in stagnation for some time now, and the lead developer has left the project, I decided to move to Sonarr (NzbDrone). Sonarr uses the naming convention 'Specials' for the season extras rather than 'Season 0' like TMM and pretty much every other TV show app/manager I've ever encountered. I do like the new name, as it's easier to find than 'Season 0' when browsing a folder of seasons within a TV show, but if using Sonarr, this means I can't use the 'rename/tidy up' function of TMM without it reverting all the folders back to 'Season 0' format, which then causes issues for Sonarr. I've posted a similar request to this on their feedback / issues page, but the conflict exists, and it is a problem.

While not a critical issue, because XBMC/Kodi will gladly read and scrape files from folders named using either convention, I believe the long term, it could result in unwarranted duplication or loss of content with the folder names being switched backwards and forwards all the time. Even an option to skip folder renaming for season folders (or just the Specials/Season 0 folder) would go some way to being safer than the current situation as it exists.

Dan/Gib.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - judocama - 2015-10-09

It is the first time you use the program and congratulate you on your excellent work .
I have a problem is that although I selected the Spanish language Imdb when making a search of the film but my program is in Spanish dumps the name in English . Am i doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2015-10-10

imdb is sometimes very weird when deciding what to respond. They take many factors into the decision which language to response (e.g. they are also counting in the country where your IP address is from -.-)
I could have a look at it, but only when creating exactly the same test scenario (and at least with the IP address we have a problem Sad ).

I hope I can improve the search result from imdb for 2.7 a bit

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - ask4MORE - 2015-10-24

Hello.

Can this program help me reneame the media files from my tv shows so that OSMC (latest version) can find them in the TVDB and show me info just like it does with the movies? With movies it was very easy, i just had to rename them as close as possible to their original title and OSMC immediately found them in the TVDB and downloaded the info but with tv shows this doesn't seem to work.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - darkside40 - 2015-10-24

Sure. You have two choices, after you have imported and scraped your TV Shows in TMM.
1. Let TMM write NFO Files for each Show/Episode and then import them in Kodi/OSMC by "Local info only" scraper
2. Let TMM just rename the files in a way like "Name of Show E01S01,mkv" than Kodi's TV scraper should find them by itself.

I prefer solution 1. because when i have to rebuild the Kodi DB i dont have to rescrape all the infos.
If you want to do it the second way i would recommend looking at Filebot, this can do the renaming with importing the TV Shows first. They should only reside in a folder which is named like the show on TheTVDB.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - Romek_original - 2015-10-24

TMM does both ... it renames TV-Shows just fine and very fast

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - ask4MORE - 2015-10-24

(2015-10-24, 10:44)darkside40 Wrote: Sure. You have two choices, after you have imported and scraped your TV Shows in TMM.
1. Let TMM write NFO Files for each Show/Episode and then import them in Kodi/OSMC by "Local info only" scraper
2. Let TMM just rename the files in a way like "Name of Show E01S01,mkv" than Kodi's TV scraper should find them by itself.

I prefer solution 1. because when i have to rebuild the Kodi DB i dont have to rescrape all the infos.
If you want to do it the second way i would recommend looking at Filebot, this can do the renaming with importing the TV Shows first. They should only reside in a folder which is named like the show on TheTVDB.

Thank you for your fast reply. This helped me a lot. Solution 1 sounds good, i hope i can apply it to my shows. I'll be back with more questions if something is not clear.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - gridluck - 2015-11-18

I'm having trouble navigating through 500+ movies by just looking at Title column in TMM, can someone show me the way to add an original title to the list as well?

thank you

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2015-11-18

adding new columns to the table is at the moment not that easy to implement.
I'll try to enhance the table with future releases, but that needs some time

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - gridluck - 2015-11-27

how do i attach my own scraper? any api?

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2015-11-28

with 2.7 we introduce an api for external scrapers: see https://github.com/tinyMediaManager/api-scraper

and you see a rather simple scraper with the use of retrofit (simple rest service interface) at https://github.com/tinyMediaManager/scraper-rottentomatoes

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - gridluck - 2015-12-01

(2015-11-18, 17:36)mlaggner Wrote: adding new columns to the table is at the moment not that easy to implement.
I'll try to enhance the table with future releases, but that needs some time

instead of the column this may be a simple switch in settings(or a button above the table) to view by title, or by original title, this way you wont' need to add any columns

another lovely column would be to have an indication whether my movie has multiple audio tracks available