Kodi Community Forum
Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: TinyMediaManager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=204)
+---- Thread: Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) (/showthread.php?tid=142723)

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-01-23

for everyone who's affecting problems with images: there is a problem at TMDB (https://www.facebook.com/themoviedb/posts/527302217303700).
I'am sure this will be fixed soon.

@gibxxi: yes I will add support for tv shows, but finishing movie management has a higher priority Wink (want to get movie management stable before I start a new "module")

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - Aenima99x - 2013-01-24

That was it, seems to all be working fine now.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - Ecwfrk - 2013-01-24

Just loaded this up (Beta 203) and it looks fantastic! Absolutely love the simple, intuitive layout. And the movie sets manager is fantastic. Finally an easy to use set manager!

Do have an issue with local trailers currently mucking things up for me (entered on Google as an issue) but otherwise it looks very promising!

One thing on my starry eyed wishlist would be in the movie sets, if it could have a list of the movies in our library which aren't in a set that we could use to drag and drop into existing sets.

[s]Barring that, and probably more realistic a request, would it be possible to add a column in the main movie listing to show a checkmark for movies that are in a set, or a "not in a set" filter or something to that effect?
The real hard part with movie sets, that none of the programs I've used has addressed well (other than XWMM) is finding the movies that should be in a set but aren't. A way to quickly sort movies that are in sets out of the way would make finding those rogue movies a lot easier.

All addressed in latest version!

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-01-24

Drag and drop would be a "relative" complex feature, which i will not include (at this time)

But i can provide a filter which filters movies without a movieset assigned. This would be a smaller point and easy to implement Wink

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - Igtenio - 2013-01-25

I've gotta say, after the issues got resolved with TMDB, it's a nice tool. I'm looking forward to seeing how TV Shows get integrated.

I'd like to make three suggestions for new settings, because I think they're all useful and seem like they'd be relatively simple to implement. But I'm also not a programmer. Smile

A) I'd like an option to disable the creation of the extrathumbs folder in each movie folder; I personally don't use it, because I like to set one image of each type per movie, and I think having a useless folder pointlessly clutters it. Maybe either integrate a smart check so if someone only picks one fanart image it isn't created, or an option to automatically delete it if it's empty?

B) An option to(Or have it automatically) add the correct ID for both TMDB and the IMDB. When scrapping, it looks like the ID is added for whichever scrapper is currently being used, but it's just putting a 0 into the other field. I think it'd be useful for it to add both IDs, if found, so that if a program wants to access the correct movie page, it has it right there.

C) An option on where to scrap actor images from; personally, I like getting information from IMDB, but images from TMDB. While the options I currently have reflect that(Scrapper is set to IMDB, images cannot be changed from TMDB), the actor images are still coming from the IMDB.

Thanks for your time working on this. I think the community really needs a new media manager. Smile

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - Ecwfrk - 2013-01-25

(2013-01-24, 20:48)mlaggner Wrote: But i can provide a filter which filters movies without a movieset assigned. This would be a smaller point and easy to implement Wink

Awesome! I knew drag and drop was a bit of a pipe dream. Too much work for almost no functional gain.
The filter will be more than sufficient to make TMM the best set management tool available (at least, for the way I like to do them) by a big margin.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - strikervi - 2013-01-25

quickie question
sometimes upon closing tmm it will keep the file tmm.odb open in another process with a ( tmm.odb$ ) as well
sometimes ive even restarted and it wont fix it , i have to unzip a new copy of the tmm download. and use that

do we know what " Process" i can end task on ?
or can we send a cancel all when exiting?

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-01-27

@Igtenio:
A) simply don't select a checkbox at the image chooser window. The extrathumb folder is only created if you select checkboxes within this window.
B) If you choose the TMDB scraper, the IMDB id should also be stored. If you take the IMDB scraper, then the TMDB id will be stored at fanart scraping (this has been implemented a few patches ago)
C) Fanart and poster are coming from TMDB; Actor thumbs will be taken from the "scraper". If you get the actors from IMDB, then i do not have any link to the actor in tmdb - so its hard to get the actor thumb from tmdb, when getting the metadata from imdb. Maybe I'll find a solution, but that's not high priority Smile

@Ecwfrk: The filter is implemented - just wait for the ned release Smile

@strikervi: I did not run into this issue.. I try to figure out where the problem is. For a quick solution, try to delete the tmm.odb$ if you run into this problem again

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-01-27

27.01.2013 - Beta - r229
added mediainfo lib
added filter for moviesets (movies in/not in a movieset)
fixed a bug where trailer was recognized as movie file
maybe did some more

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - saitoh183 - 2013-01-27

(2013-01-27, 21:20)mlaggner Wrote: 27.01.2013 - Beta - r229
added mediainfo lib
maybe did some more

Is the Java issue with version 7 fixed?
(2013-01-27, 21:51)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2013-01-27, 21:20)mlaggner Wrote: 27.01.2013 - Beta - r229
added mediainfo lib
maybe did some more

Is the Java issue with version 7 fixed?

I think i answered my own question...no...lol...When i start TMM via the exe, it opens with version 7. I start a scan to update, and it locks up. Kill it via Task manager, delete tmm.odb$
Started it via tmm.jar, it starts up with version 6 and scan works but once its done, i have no info in Details, Overview...etc..The year column is empty also. Some movies are picked up with just there title int the Title colomn and other have title(year)

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - ThaDraGun - 2013-01-27

Not sure how to get the movie posters to change on XBMC.
In tinyMediaManager I change the movie poster, the fan art, and the trailer for a movie.

When I choose refresh for that movie on xbmc (then No to update from internet), it changes everything but the movie poster.
Not sure why. Am I supposed to do it a different way?

EDIT:

Nevermind, figured it out. had to change the poster file naming in settings.
my bad.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - myron - 2013-01-27

@saitoh183
can you please test again?
i pushed a hotfix to the update site...
It should now scrape the NFO files correctly again (with year)...

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - SnoPoX - 2013-01-28

Though its beta, it's one of my fav MediaManagers, especially for its fast scraping and the support of german plots and movie posters (as long as its not a very rare movie)!
I noticed some things which hopefully will become fixed in future versions (most of them will concern german language users):
1. Support of foreign letters like äÄ öÖ ß and ´ ' ² ³ etc. and conversion from "ae" to "ä", "oe" to "ö" etc.
Everytime I scrape movies with these letters, its fine as long as I dont Update Data sources. If I update the sources (adding new movies) then the titles (sometimes) are mixed up and show different letters, tMM is not able to read the .nfo files and acts like there is no .nfo present.
If i open the .nfo with notepad++ I can see, that the letter "ö" is a weird symbol, if i open the exact same file with the windows Notepad/Editor it shows "ö" the correct way. I dont know why this happens, but unfortunately tMM reads the "ö" (or any other foreign letter) like a strange symbol and shows it in the title and the plot (and everywhere else, where there is such a letter).
The same happens if I chose "Debug-> Clear Database".
Examples:
in Title: [REC]³ Génesis is shown as [REC]┬│ G├⌐nesis
in Title: Bolt - ein Hund für alle Fälle is shown as Bolt - Ein Hund für alle Fälle
in Plot: instead of "für" it shows für
and so on

2. When I am scraping (automatic or manual) a title with "ae" it doesnt find the correct movie because tMM (or the scraper?) cant handle the combination of these two letters. (for everyone who is interested: As you might know, "ae" is the german umlaut "ä" in german). If i am looking for "Das Bourne Vermaechtnis" tiny doesnt find the title, I have to manually edit the Title to "Das Bourne Vermächtnis" and then it can find the movie.

The bad thing about these two problems is: I scrape all my movies,some of them require a manual edit cause of the special characters, then everything is fine. But if i update the sources all the titles with foreign characters are (as mentioned before) mixed up. Even though they are scraped correctly, the .nfo doesnt get imported correct. Hope you get what I tried to explain ^^

3. (guess its beta related) tMM freezes after a few movies, sometimes it works for hours, cant reproduce the error. In most cases I can edit ~3 movies then it freezes. I kill the Process via Task Manager and start tMM again. Thats gettin on my nerves but I am aware its still beta. It happens for example after scraping a title and clicking on the next movie in the list. It doesnt load the fanart/cover/information at all, instead it freezes. Happens every now and then.

4. Trailer support. If I scrape trailers with tMM it writes the youtube url in the nfo, but XBMC needs the plugin format. For now I edit it with "FAR Search and Replace", maybe you can impliment an option to choose how the trailers should become implemented (as youtube link or as xbmc plugin link).

I am using Windows 7 x64, tMM r232 and Java 7u11.

Anyway, thanks for this Media Manager, hope there will be plenty of features in the future versions!

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - myron - 2013-01-28

re 1)
the NFO files are correctly written in UTF8, with correct german umlauts.
Unfortunately, reading the files does not yet work correctly on Windows.
(should display fine in notepad++ whet settings to "encoding -> utf8")
But i have already a solution on this - it will be fixed in next release Smile (but needs more testing this time Wink )
Automatic conversion from oe to ö... will probably not happen; it might lead to many false positives for other languages...

re 2)
yes, the Scrapers do always exact searches and mostly won't find ae variants.
I don't think we can do anything about it, since it depends on the various sites...
But with fix of 1) the movies should be found correctly...

HTH

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - gibxxi - 2013-01-28

Small bug, up and down arrows (extended filter and sort options section) are now replaced by ASCII chars in latest update. UTF8 changes?