Kodi Community Forum
Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: TinyMediaManager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=204)
+---- Thread: Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) (/showthread.php?tid=142723)

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-01-28

Hi,

thanks for your responses. First of all, sorry for the buggy version yesterday - we fixed it today Smile

@saitoh183: i hope the issue has been solved with the hotfix yesterday?

@ThaDraGun: we plan to implement "file naming prefixes", so that for different XBMC (MP) versions all checkboxes will be set the right way.

@SnoPoX: with the last release, we read the nfo the "false" way - so it produced problems with german umlauts. With the next release this should be solved.
If you ecounter a frezze the next time, please send a bug report from within tmm after restart - maybe the logs could help us find the problem

@gibxxi: will be fixed in the next version

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-01-28

28.01.2013 - Beta - r241
fixed parsing of NFO in UTF-8
fixed a bug where mediainfo crashed tmm
changed search/filter panel

hopefully all problems with special characters should be solved.. if you encounter a problem with a damaged config file, please delete the old one and start with a new one

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - AciDCooL - 2013-01-28

Would it be some how possible to make it run as an web java app?
I mean this program is awesome. Only thing its missing is to access where you are.

Since I can stream the movies but never know which one to play next this would help allot!! Great work !!

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - saitoh183 - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-28, 21:09)mlaggner Wrote: 28.01.2013 - Beta - r241
fixed parsing of NFO in UTF-8
fixed a bug where mediainfo crashed tmm
changed search/filter panel

hopefully all problems with special characters should be solved.. if you encounter a problem with a damaged config file, please delete the old one and start with a new one

Everything seems to be working fine and i updated to java7u11 and things seems stable. I have moved all my movieset files to there repective movie folders and named them movieset-poster.jpg and movieset-fanart.jpg to be ready for your change on that aspect Smile

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - SnoPoX - 2013-01-29

Thank you for fixing the UTF-8 "bug" so fast! It's working flawlessly now. I will send a report as soon as it chrashes/freezes the next time (if...).

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - d3maxt - 2013-01-29

Hello,
Just found this little gem and wanted to say that it is the best/easiest/cleanest media manager I have found so far.

Keep up the great work. I am sure I will be back with a couple of feature requests shortly. Big Grin

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - d3maxt - 2013-01-29

First request:

Some skins, such as, Aeon MQ3, and I assume Aeon MQ4, use the folder structure utilized by the Artwork Downloader addon: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:Artwork_Downloader

It creates two folders: extrafanart and extrathumbs.

"Extrathumbs" folder is used for information panel pictures (thumbs) and "extrafanart" folder is used to store additional backdrops that are randomly selected.

Currently, TMM only creates the extrathumbs folder. Is there a way you guys can add the functionality so it would create the "extrafanart" folder (like artwork download does) and allow selecting which fanart images to be saved in that folder and in what size?

In other words, add another checkbox and size selection for each image. One would go into extrathumbs and the other would go into extrafanart.

Or I am sure you might have better ideas on how to implement this. Smile

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-01-30

@AciDCooL: I think that won't (technically) be possible. For a web app you need a server (not much of them are java ready); the app has to get access to the media files and so on..

@saitoh183: changing and writing movieset artwork will be one of the next things to be implemented. but before that I have to (drastically) change tmm.. this will take up some time ... but it will come

@d3maxt: this folder structure seems to be only for a "few" skins in xbmc.. so far tmm supports xbmc and mp, and this feature request is only for some skins of xbmc.. i will put that on my todo list, but handle it with lower priority - ok?

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - d3maxt - 2013-01-30

(2013-01-30, 20:11)mlaggner Wrote: @d3maxt: this folder structure seems to be only for a "few" skins in xbmc.. so far tmm supports xbmc and mp, and this feature request is only for some skins of xbmc.. i will put that on my todo list, but handle it with lower priority - ok?

Of course! I appreciate you even putting it on the to do list. Smile I'll wait for it eagerly. Rofl

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - saitoh183 - 2013-01-30

(2013-01-30, 20:11)mlaggner Wrote: @saitoh183: changing and writing movieset artwork will be one of the next things to be implemented. but before that I have to (drastically) change tmm.. this will take up some time ... but it will come

Cool to hear Smile...as for now i found this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=153502 For the interested in movie set fanart manipulation. It works great as a XBMC addon alternative but there is no MySQL support yet..but it will come. This is a new project that appeared this week

***Edit***

There is now MySQL support and SMB support

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - Ecwfrk - 2013-02-03

Just tried the new version (fresh install of r241) and it's working great with my Frodo (release version) structured library. Picked up all the images and pulled the trailer info out of the nfo perfectly.

Only remaining issue is that it isn't picking up existing movie sets (defined in nfo via <set>Set Name</set>).
Is it supposed to be picking them up?
If not, could it? Smile If so, what am I doing wrong?

And set up a donation method. I've been waiting for TMM for a decade and have paid more than was sensible for several commercial programs that didn't work half as well as TMM does as a beta. I wanna buy you a pizza or something.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-02-03

Hi Ecwfrk,

thanks for your positive feedback!
Picking up moviesets from NFO isn't in there. It's one of the things to do for moviesets. But I (hopefully) will include this in the next release (maybe today Wink )

I planned some sort of donation system, but first of all, I wanted to finish the homepage (which is indeed much work).
I could also add the donate button to the first post here.. Let me think about it

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-02-03

just released r254 with following changes:

03.02.2013 - Beta - r254
added ofdb.de scraper
added fanart.tv scraper (now image scraping from more than one source is possible!)
added image changing for moviesets
added image writing for moviesets (in each movie of a movie set there will be a movieset-fanart.jpg and movieset-poster.jpg)
improved importing of movies into tmm (now also moviesets will be automatically created and assigned)
several little bugfixes

there is one problem with importing of movies. At the moment tmm can't assign the right order of the movies inside a movieset. I with order them in the way they are picked up from the hard drive

I had not much time to test this release (and no other tester was available this weekend) - I you find critical bugs, please report and I will try to fix them ASAP

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - saitoh183 - 2013-02-03

(2013-02-03, 18:45)mlaggner Wrote: just released r254 with following changes:

03.02.2013 - Beta - r254
added ofdb.de scraper
added fanart.tv scraper (now image scraping from more than one source is possible!)
added image changing for moviesets
added image writing for moviesets (in each movie of a movie set there will be a movieset-fanart.jpg and movieset-poster.jpg)
improved importing of movies into tmm (now also moviesets will be automatically created and assigned)
several little bugfixes

there is one problem with importing of movies. At the moment tmm can't assign the right order of the movies inside a movieset. I with order them in the way they are picked up from the hard drive

I had not much time to test this release (and no other tester was available this weekend) - I you find critical bugs, please report and I will try to fix them ASAP

For movie sets, if we choose edit and click on the fanart or poster window, we get No ID(tmdbid) For searching available. So i guess there is no way to parse the webpage (ie: http://www.themoviedb.org/collection/102322-sherlock-holmes-collection) to get the relevant images to choose from? And if we choose to browse to local content i assume that what we choose will be moved to the first movie folder of the collection and renamed to movieset-fanart.jpg/-poster.jpg)?

oh I forgot to mention:

in the past releases I did not store the tmdbid for moviesets inside the movieset.. the same goes for automatically created movieset (during importing)

but you have an option to assign the tmdbid: get the movieset metadata by doing a search (and finally assign the new metadata by clicking ok).
I will have to find a "better" way to get the tmdbid for a movieset (just give me a day)

if you choose a local file, the file should be copied to all movie folders of assigned movies (movieset-fanart.jpg; movieset-poster.jpg) - I did not try this at home