Kodi Community Forum
Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: TinyMediaManager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=204)
+---- Thread: Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) (/showthread.php?tid=142723)

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - saitoh183 - 2013-02-03

(2013-02-03, 19:33)mlaggner Wrote: if you choose a local file, the file should be copied to all movie folders of assigned movies (movieset-fanart.jpg; movieset-poster.jpg) - I did not try this at home

this isnt good because in XBMC , when you edit a movieset artwork or any artwork for that matter, XBMC gives you the option of choosing "item folder" (which regroups all images from every movie in the set under 1 view) and you see movieset-XX.jpg multiple times. You should have it copy to the first movie in the set only since XBMC has a view that takes care of regroup all images from the set...try it and you will see.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - d3maxt - 2013-02-04

r254 does not seem to be saving any images in the extrathumbs folder for me (checked multiple checkboxes and selected the main fanart).
I installed it fresh on my WHS2011 server.

(r241 worked on my Windows 7 PC, but it's not available anymore, so can't test r254 on it)

So not sure if this is an issue with r254 or my WHS2011 server.
Does anyone else have this problem with r254?

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-02-04

@saitoh183: thanks for the hint. I tried it an saw what you are talking about. But thats only an "optical" issue for a task which has to be done one time per movieset... To ensure each movieset has only one movieset-fanart.jpg and movieset-poster.jpg always at the first movie would be a fairly complex task. I think the benefit isn't worth the complexity. What do you think about that?

I did also look at the plugin you posted. Maybe I also/alternatively could write the movieset artwork to a "MovieSetArtwork" folder within the root of the datasource, so the plugin can assign it to the moviesets in XBMC.

@d3maxt: you are right: while redesigning the imagechooser window i added one bug Tongue found it and removed it - stay tuned for the bugfix

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-02-04

04.02.2013 - Beta - r256
fixed creation of extrathumbs
added the option to get the tmdbid for moviesets in movieset editor window

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - saitoh183 - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-04, 20:48)mlaggner Wrote: @saitoh183: thanks for the hint. I tried it an saw what you are talking about. But thats only an "optical" issue for a task which has to be done one time per movieset... To ensure each movieset has only one movieset-fanart.jpg and movieset-poster.jpg always at the first movie would be a fairly complex task. I think the benefit isn't worth the complexity. What do you think about that?

I see what your getting at, but what i mean is the first movie found by TMM, not the actual first movie in the set. Since XBMC groups all the artwork into 1 view this shouldnt make a difference to the user. The shortest path to adding the artwork is "*Item Folder" so its not like people would be searching for which folder TMM put the artwork in. So since you say already that TMM adds movies to a collection based on its scan, it should just add the artwork to the first movie it found.

(2013-02-04, 20:48)mlaggner Wrote: I did also look at the plugin you posted. Maybe I also/alternatively could write the movieset artwork to a "MovieSetArtwork" folder within the root of the datasource, so the plugin can assign it to the moviesets in XBMC.

This would be a good idea Smile

Also wanted to know if you will be adding Tag functionality eventually?

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - Ecwfrk - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-03, 12:50)mlaggner Wrote: Picking up moviesets from NFO isn't in there. It's one of the things to do for moviesets. But I (hopefully) will include this in the next release (maybe today Wink )

Just opened it up, reinited the DB, and it's picking them up as I type Smile

Quote:I could also add the donate button to the first post here.. Let me think about it

Best place would be the "?" menu in the program. As time goes and word of mouth spreads more people will be hitting the website only to look for the download link and many won't be coming here at all so it's always best to have in the program itself.
----------------------

Been playing around with r256 and noticed a few little things (Adding things as I play with and try to break my test library Smile ). Just beta tester reports/suggestions, not complaints. Big Grin

- Number one, an ability to turn off the creation of the extrathumbs folder for those of us who don't use it. I know that part is being worked on right now for those who need it, so figured I'd mention it.

- Second, renaming isn't working. I have $T ($Y) set for both movie and folder name. It renames the folder fine. But it will only rename the movie file if I scrape the movie, reinitialize the DB, then initiate the rename. And I can't get it to rename the nfo, fanart, poster and trailer files at all.

- Also, TMM doesn't remove old/invalid records. For example, If I took "Movie1", changed the folder name to Movie2 and then updated the data sources, I'd have "Movie1" listed twice. Only the paths and the the fact that the images wouldn't display in the record for the old path distinguish them. It's not a big deal as the duplicate filter makes it easy to find them and the lack of images being displayed makes it easy to find and remove the invalid records manually and reinitialize the DB and updating will clean them out in bulk.
But it'd be nice at some point if TMM could remove them itself.

- For some reason, some movies have their sort order all wacky. For example, when scraped with TMM, Cars is given a sorttitle of "Cars Collection2" while Cars 2 is getting a sort title of "Cars Collection1". Nightmare on Elm street seems almost random. Don't know if it's a TMDB thing or or a problem with TMM though. But either way, it'd be nice to be able to edit that field in TMM.
(Edit: Found out if I remove the collection from TMM after scraping, then add the collection in the Movie Sets editor and run the TMDB movieset metadata search, it assigns/reassigns the sort titles in the correct order. Haven't found any pattern to how it's picking up the numbers it does when scraping though. I deleted all the nfos for the Nightmare movies, scraped the 2010 movie and it came up as #6. Then #5 was given #4. #3 scraped fine.. But then #1 was given the number 3 as well. It seems almost random. I'll do more testing Later this week if it's needed to track down what's happening. I'm going to bed now :p )

- Could support for editing <sorttitle> tags be added? The easiest way to implement would likely be to just add a Sorttitle field.
Although personally, I'd prefer an incremental value box (like the one for year) in the Edit Movie dialog next to the Movie Set drop down menu (greyed out if there's no movie set defined, of course). So if I set the "Series order" number on "Cars" to 3, it would write <sorttitle>Cars Collection3</sorttitle> to the NFO. As I only use sorttitle to fine tune the sort order of movie sets, it'd save quite a bit of typing when it's movies not using a TMDB defined set.

- Also would like to ditto that support for the set art plug in would be great. Especially if it saved you having to do any major work to get set art implemented in TMM.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - d3maxt - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-04, 23:14)mlaggner Wrote: 04.02.2013 - Beta - r256
fixed creation of extrathumbs
added the option to get the tmdbid for moviesets in movieset editor window

working great now

Thank you!

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-05, 02:51)saitoh183 Wrote: Also wanted to know if you will be adding Tag functionality eventually?

It's already in there?!? See movie-editor second tab.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - SnoPoX - 2013-02-05

FYI: Scraping for Trailers works (switching to the "Trailer" Tab shows Trailers with links) but I cant find a Trailerlink in the .nfo.
Beta r256, Java 7u13, Win8 x64

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - mlaggner - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-05, 10:15)SnoPoX Wrote: FYI: Scraping for Trailers works (switching to the "Trailer" Tab shows Trailers with links) but I cant find a Trailerlink in the .nfo.
Beta r256, Java 7u13, Win8 x64

thanks for your hint!
It's because I've splitted up metadata scraping, artwork scraping and trailer scraping; so tmm scrapes trailer, but does not write the NFO after scraping the trailer Sad
I will fix that in the next release

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - da-anda - 2013-02-05

Haven't read all pages in here, but if not already mentioned, support for DVD folder structures + Bluray folder structures would be nice. So that the files (nfo, fanart, poster) are searched in the root path of the movie and not inside VIDEO_TS or STREAM.
Also ".bdmv" should be added to the default playable file extension once support for bluray folder structures is in and ofc the stub file extensions (if not yet in - didn't check, just came to my mind).

Another nice feature would be to have "exclude from scanning" rules to f.e. prevent "extras" folders with cut scenes and such from being indexed.

Thanks for this nice little tool.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - Igtenio - 2013-02-05

I just wanted to say, first off mlaggner, thank you for getting back to me with those answers, and my apologies for taking so long to get back to you on this one matter.

(2013-01-27, 18:25)mlaggner Wrote: A) simply don't select a checkbox at the image chooser window. The extrathumb folder is only created if you select checkboxes within this window.

The thing is, however, I don't pick any checkboxes. I even went through with the folder open and TMM running, specifically making sure I wasn't accidentally clicking anything extra, and it still does it.

Example;
Picking Poster
Final Result

I don't know if this's something on your end of the equation, or I'm completely missing some checkbox, but I'm just lost.

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - saitoh183 - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-05, 09:08)mlaggner Wrote:
(2013-02-05, 02:51)saitoh183 Wrote: Also wanted to know if you will be adding Tag functionality eventually?

It's already in there?!? See movie-editor second tab.

Thanks missed that Smile

thanks all for feedback
It's good to get feedback: so I can improve tmm and also know, where I am on the right track Smile

@saitoh183: ok, if a take the first movie tmm finds and put the artwork into that, I still have the same problems Sad I will think about your suggestion, but first I want to fix several bugs and implement the MediaSetArtwork folder

@Ecwfrk: -I added the donate menu especially for you Cool You are right - a donate menu inside tmm will also address many users (which do not come across the homepage);
-the problem with extrathums was a bug (see Igtenios post) - it's fixed in the next release
-myron will have a look at the renaming problems: its not working fully as it should. Most of the time i tested it after completely editing the movie in tmm, so the tmm database was in a "consistant" state.
-removing orphaned movies isn't an "easy" task to do automatically (for example, if my NAS is powered off, the movies arend accessible, but not deleted). I could add an option to remove "invalid" movies from the database (remove all movies, where the folder folder isn't accessible) - would this be an option?
-importing of moviesets is not completely working how it should. I do not have problems to autom. create moviesets and assign movies to it. But there IS a problem with the order Sad Atm the movies are orderes in the way they have been found on the filesystem.
-The field "sorttitle" is automatically written in the background (its <movieset name>+index in the list of the movieset). You can arrange the order of the movies in the movieset via "movieset editor" (pencil-icon in movieset panel). Maybe I could use this value of the NFO to force an initial order.. I have to think about it

@da-anda: -support for dvd / blu ray folder structures is already in work; What kind of type is a .bmdv file?
-I can add an exclude from scanning mechanism. tmm searches recursively until the first "movie" file is found an uses this folder as the movie folder. This way subfolders such as sample, trailer, etc. does not have any negative effect.

@Igtenio: As I wrote above - you found a bug Smile Its fixed in the next release

RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - myron - 2013-02-06

@Ecwfrk
i rewrote the complete reneaming and cleanup logic.
Expect a test version soon Smile

@da-anda
hehe, i had the same idea 2 days ago - this was really missing Smile
Already did some changes, and working quite fine.
Should be in next test version.

(.bdmv is NOW in the default list. Unfortunately, we're not doing an update.
So to get this working, either delete your config.xml, or add manually the missing <filetype>.bdmv</filetype> tag.
To get this correctly displayed in XBMC, be sure to setup movie.nfo/poster.jpg/fanart.jpg - the other named variants seem not to be recognized.