Kodi Community Forum
Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: TV Show Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=305)
+----- Thread: Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies (/showthread.php?tid=142835)

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - scudlee - 2013-05-29

(2013-05-29, 14:22)LordAnubis3 Wrote: sorry scudlee it still does not work for Shingeki no Kyojin. bleach works.

Nope. Just looked in Videos->TV Shows->Studios and there's definitely a Wit Studios listed (with Shingeki no Kyojin inside).

That's both on this computer (running 2.0.0rc1) and my HTPC (running 1.1.1), so there's no doubt it works.

(If it's a display issue then that's a matter for the skin.)

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - LordAnubis3 - 2013-05-29

(2013-05-29, 15:45)scudlee Wrote:
(2013-05-29, 14:22)LordAnubis3 Wrote: sorry scudlee it still does not work for Shingeki no Kyojin. bleach works.

Nope. Just looked in Videos->TV Shows->Studios and there's definitely a Wit Studios listed (with Shingeki no Kyojin inside).

That's both on this computer (running 2.0.0rc1) and my HTPC (running 1.1.1), so there's no doubt it works.

(If it's a display issue then that's a matter for the skin.)

The studio is there has you said.But the logo doesn not appear on my setup with aeon nox 4.0 skin and running 2.0.0rc1

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - scudlee - 2013-05-29

Like I said, that's a skin issue. The logo isn't there because the skin doesn't have an image for Wit Studio.

What you can do, though, if you have an artistic bent, is make your own!

First grab the logo from e.g. the studio website: http://witstudio.co.jp/
Convert it to a .png file, white-on-clear, sized 161px x 109px.
(This is where the creative skill comes in - check the ones in the skin already to see what you're after.)
Save it as "Wit Studio.png".
Find your Aeon Nox addon folder ("skin.aeon.nox"), go to the "media" sub-folder.
Create a new folder inside it called "flags".
Create a new folder inside that called "studios".
Inside that place the Wit Studio.png.

Et voilà! You should now see that logo show up for Shingeki no Kyojin.

(You'll likely lose it when the skin updates, so be sure to share it back with the creators of the skin so that it can be added permanently.)

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - Sesshoumaru - 2013-05-30

The scaper works pretty fine, I still fighting a bit with the episode recognition, but it makes progress.
I just have a general question for the "Cast" section. Somehow I'am missing a character section with information of the actual characters (not the [voice] cast). AniDB offers a lot of character information including character tags e.g. .. Am I right If I assume this is more a general XMBC issue?

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - scudlee - 2013-05-30

Yeah, the only things XBMC uses are the actor name, actor image, and character name. Not much I can do about that.

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - PhantomHelix - 2013-05-30

scudlee

I have a problem with XBMC that videos are not showing correctly

Ned Scott tried helping me and suggested your AniDB mod but it didnt change, he suggested to ask you for further help

here is the other forum post with all the information

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=166061

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - scudlee - 2013-05-30

My initial wild guess based on that thread would be that there's something wrong with your advancedsettings.xml (wiki) (the code Ned Scott posted should have worked), either it's in the wrong place, named subtly wrong, or formatted incorrectly. So double-check all of that. (Post the details if you're not 100% sure).

Another random possibility - did you remember to stop and restart XBMC after changing the advancedsettings.xml?

However, those are just wild guesses. If you want to turn on debug logging, refresh one of the problem shows and then paste the log to http://xbmclogs.com and put a link to it here, that should clear things up.

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - Sesshoumaru - 2013-05-30

(2013-05-30, 15:14)scudlee Wrote: Yeah, the only things XBMC uses are the actor name, actor image, and character name. Not much I can do about that.

So first of all I would have to create a table in the database to store the information about characters from AniDB. Than having the scraper get the information and fill it to the DB with all needed primary and foreign keys. And lastly create a skin to show the information. Basically this information is not anime specific - the same holds true for live action movies. You have actors and roles the actors play. Sounds like a common feature.

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - ZERO <ibis> - 2013-05-30

The studio image reminds me, I wish there was an easy way to get nice clear art show logos like what they use on http://www.internationalsaimoe.com but I can never find a batch of them or anything.

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - ZERO <ibis> - 2013-05-30

Suggestion for genera:

Create an option that allows the scrapper to ignore subcategories.

Example: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=8583
Genera are: Alien, Clubs, Ecchi, Humanoid Alien, Mecha, Pantsu, Piloted Robot, Post-apocalypse

Pantsu for example is a sub level of Ecchi and could be ignored to only show ecchi instead.

A better approach may be to allow us to disable particular categories and have them fall back to their master category this way you could still keep some subcategories like Ninja but force others to fall back to their master category or ignore that category all together.

Also there should be an option for force include so that any categories under a defined type are always included regardless of weight. Original Work would be an important one where as we can then ensure that users can always filter by the type of content source the anime is based on which is REALLY useful.

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - scudlee - 2013-05-31

(2013-05-30, 21:38)ZERO <ibis> Wrote: Suggestion for genera:

Create an option that allows the scrapper to ignore subcategories.

Example: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=8583
Genera are: Alien, Clubs, Ecchi, Humanoid Alien, Mecha, Pantsu, Piloted Robot, Post-apocalypse

Pantsu for example is a sub level of Ecchi and could be ignored to only show ecchi instead.

A better approach may be to allow us to disable particular categories and have them fall back to their master category this way you could still keep some subcategories like Ninja but force others to fall back to their master category or ignore that category all together.

Also there should be an option for force include so that any categories under a defined type are always included regardless of weight. Original Work would be an important one where as we can then ensure that users can always filter by the type of content source the anime is based on which is REALLY useful.

There's definitely room for improvement in the genre handling, and my rewrite for 2.0.0 makes a lot of your suggestions possible (not that I necessarily agree with all of them).

I am very interested in concrete ideas, though, so I'll explain a little about how it works, so you know what we've got to work with.

To start with, this is what the API returns for each category:
Code:
<category id="282" parentid="313" hentai="false" weight="400">
  <name>Ecchi</name>
  <description>
Ecchi, or etchi (エッチ), is a common Japanese word meaning "indecent", "lewd", "frisky" or "sexy"; its usage can be compared to the English word "naughty". Among western anime fans, the term is used when vague sexual content, such as skimpy clothing or nudity, is prominent. In Japanese, however, it is a catch-all term for all things anyhow sexual in nature, mild or otherwise.
  </description>
</category>

And the 2.0.0 method is:
1. Sort the categories by weight (and trim off the description in the process).
2. Remove categories below the minimum weight.
3. "Build" an id filter:
3.1 Start with some ids that will always be ignored. (60|128|129|185|242|255|289)
3.2 Add more ids to the filter based on the presence of other ids. (IF id1 THEN IGNORE id2).
4. Apply the id filter and a (fixed) parentid filter (and convert to XBMC format).
5. Trim down to the maximum number of genres.

Things that would be doable:

Prioritize certain categories. Before step 1. we could sort certain categories to the top regardless of weight (and then ignore them in 1. and 2.).
I'm thinking here mostly of "traditional" genre categories: Comedy, Drama, Action, etc.

Add new id filters. This should go without saying. Look for the ParseGenres function in metadata.common.anidb.net\anidb.xml to see what's currently done, they're all commented for readability.

Expand the parentid filtering. Any of the following would also be possible:
IF id1 THEN IGNORE parentid2
IF parentid1 THEN IGNORE id2
IF parentid1 THEN IGNORE parentid2
It would also be possible to blanket ignore any id as a parentid, i.e gather all ids and use them in the parentid filter, so then only the most general category would remain. Or vice versa, parentids in the id filter, to leave only the most specific.
(It would also be possible to exempt certain ids from that, or restrict it to only certain ones).

Can't do/won't do:

Force inclusion of certain categories above the set maximum limit. The limit should be absolute.

Grandparent filtering. Only information about the direct parent is available. (This can of course be faked to a degree for specific cases but not in general.)

Include categories that aren't there. No replacing of a child with an absent parent.

Deliberately include categories that aren't even broadly "genres", such as the "original work" and "location" categories. This is the major point of the filtering in the first place.

HOWEVER... I do like the idea of taking those categories for use as tags (to the point where this is almost certainly going to happen). This seems like a better fit for the purposes you mention.
So there would be a setting to allow tags of the form "Original Work: 4-koma" (or whatever, the prefix would likely also be settable since the category itself is just "4-koma").
This would also be independent of the anidb tags setting, so you could have one without the other.

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - ZERO &lt;ibis&gt; - 2013-06-01

When I said Original Work I was referring to all the child categories of it as Original Work parent category logically applies to every single item and is thus not valuable.

Also I do like the idea of being able to put things like original works types as category tags and not use genre slots on them.

I like all of what you have suggested above, this is basically exactly what I was asking for.

Also is there any way to ensure that changes to scrapper settings will actually apply to all sources in mass. For example if I change a setting for the root folder it will not apply that setting over any of the existing settings for all the individual folders within that source. Needing to either delete the database or individually alter the scrapper settings for thousands of folders one at a time is not ideal.

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - scudlee - 2013-06-01

(2013-06-01, 08:06)ZERO &lt;ibis&gt; Wrote: When I said Original Work I was referring to all the child categories of it as Original Work parent category logically applies to every single item and is thus not valuable.
That's what I meant too. The entire category tree is locked out by the parentid filter. Any category with parentid 268(=Original Work), 269(=Game), or 273(=Manga) should be filtered (although it looks like I missed 273, that needs fixing).

(2013-06-01, 08:06)ZERO &lt;ibis&gt; Wrote: Also is there any way to ensure that changes to scrapper settings will actually apply to all sources in mass. For example if I change a setting for the root folder it will not apply that setting over any of the existing settings for all the individual folders within that source. Needing to either delete the database or individually alter the scrapper settings for thousands of folders one at a time is not ideal.
The usual method is to change the content to "None" first, remove everything from the library when prompted, then change the content back (and change the settings) and rescan. That way you don't have to refresh each show individually, or lose watch counts.

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - diverdiner - 2013-06-02

Hi scudlee
I am on 1.1.1
I just added the latest 4 episodes 15-18 of Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 (a8787)
But these 4 episodes are displayed as Episode 15, Episode 16... Episode 18
I have had anidb updated the episode name 2 days ago.
All the other previous episodes scrap ok.

I have tried cleaning the show off library and rescan, still, these 4 latest episodes have the naming issue.

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - scudlee - 2013-06-02

Likely just a caching issue. The scraper caches everything for 48 hours to avoid hitting anidb too much, so if you scanned initially before the episode titles were updated on the anidb end, then any subsequent re-scan would still scrape from the cached files rather than fetch the updated copies.

Either wait the 48 hours from the first scan and retry, or delete your cache to force an update (on Windows it's located at %APPDATA%/XBMC/cache/scrapers/metadata.tvshows.anidb.net.mod/ other OSes will vary).