Kodi Community Forum
Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: TV Show Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=305)
+----- Thread: Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies (/showthread.php?tid=142835)

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - borgmanjayce - 2013-07-26

scudlee, thanks for the reply! You've definitely answered some of my questions (and even though it turns out that I didn't install your Mods after all!), although it's interesting to know that a lot of information and artwork come from other sites, and when I get the chance, I'll definitely add backgrounds to the TVDB database (even if the Mods do come across as being arrogant and rude!) for the anime that don't have them; such as R-15.

With stuff like extra's, should I leave it as it is; record-wise even though the filenames are different?

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - scudlee - 2013-07-26

(2013-07-26, 22:22)borgmanjayce Wrote: With stuff like extra's, should I leave it as it is; record-wise even though the filenames are different?

Not sure I follow, could you give an example?

For specials, you need to match them up to the ones listed on AniDB and make sure the file contains a pattern to mark it as season 0, episode whatever. For example if it says S1 on AniDB, you could include "S00E01" in the file name (or if you use the regexps in the first post, you could use " - S1 - ").

For OPs/EDs, you just add 100 to the "C" value, which can be tricky to find - you need to click on e.g. the "OP1" link in the episode listing to see the exact number (although they usually run in order, so you can just count). So C1 would be "S00E101" (or " - S101 - ").

Trailers, parodies, and "other" likewise add 200, 300, and 400 respectively to the T, P, and O numbers.

As for thetvdb.com, very much definitely help contribute there, artwork (fanart, posters, banners, episode thumbnails) and episode plots will all find their way back through the AniDB scraper... Just abide by their rules, which don't always match an anime fans expectations - the mods there only seem rude because people keep trying to argue things that have long been settled.

...And definitely don't add any Hentai titles Wink.

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - borgmanjayce - 2013-07-27

(2013-07-26, 23:43)scudlee Wrote:
(2013-07-26, 22:22)borgmanjayce Wrote: With stuff like extra's, should I leave it as it is; record-wise even though the filenames are different?

Not sure I follow, could you give an example?

For specials, you need to match them up to the ones listed on AniDB and make sure the file contains a pattern to mark it as season 0, episode whatever. For example if it says S1 on AniDB, you could include "S00E01" in the file name (or if you use the regexps in the first post, you could use " - S1 - ").

For OPs/EDs, you just add 100 to the "C" value, which can be tricky to find - you need to click on e.g. the "OP1" link in the episode listing to see the exact number (although they usually run in order, so you can just count). So C1 would be "S00E101" (or " - S101 - ").

Trailers, parodies, and "other" likewise add 200, 300, and 400 respectively to the T, P, and O numbers.

As for thetvdb.com, very much definitely help contribute there, artwork (fanart, posters, banners, episode thumbnails) and episode plots will all find their way back through the AniDB scraper... Just abide by their rules, which don't always match an anime fans expectations - the mods there only seem rude because people keep trying to argue things that have long been settled.

...And definitely don't add any Hentai titles Wink.

An example of what I mentioned earlier would be this: "MM! NCOP1.mkv", so in the record itself, it would be something like C-something or other, is that correct?

I can understand where you're coming from concerning the mods on the TVDB site acting the way they do, but at the same time, I don't know if it's me, but for some weird reason, anime seems to be an afterthought to them, especially where OAV's are concerned, unlike of course, AniDB (But then again, if people have to rely on TVDB for artwork that's not found on AniDB such as banners, posters, etc, then so be it).

And I'll be sure to not add any Hentai (Although it would be tempting to do so! LOL)

In any case, thanks for being a huge help in answering a lot of questions concerning how things work with AniDB and the Mods as it's most appreciated! ^_^

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - scudlee - 2013-07-27

(2013-07-27, 00:06)borgmanjayce Wrote: An example of what I mentioned earlier would be this: "MM! NCOP1.mkv", so in the record itself, it would be something like C-something or other, is that correct?
So, if you look on the site, you'll see on the MM! show page a listing of OP1 Help!! Hell Side (1-4). Click on the OP1 link and you'll see Episode: MM! - C1 - Opening 1 at the top of the page.

C1 -> S101, so for example:
"MM! S00E101 NCOP1.mkv", or
"MM! 0x101 NCOP1.mkv", or
"MM! - S101 - NCOP1.mkv" (with the regexps from the first post)
would all get the file added to XBMC.

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - borgmanjayce - 2013-07-27

(2013-07-27, 00:28)scudlee Wrote:
(2013-07-27, 00:06)borgmanjayce Wrote: An example of what I mentioned earlier would be this: "MM! NCOP1.mkv", so in the record itself, it would be something like C-something or other, is that correct?
So, if you look on the site, you'll see on the MM! show page a listing of OP1 Help!! Hell Side (1-4). Click on the OP1 link and you'll see Episode: MM! - C1 - Opening 1 at the top of the page.

C1 -> S101, so for example:
"MM! S00E101 NCOP1.mkv", or
"MM! 0x101 NCOP1.mkv", or
"MM! - S101 - NCOP1.mkv" (with the regexps from the first post)
would all get the file added to XBMC.

Interesting... It's just that I've used Filebot most of the time to rename my anime files and I always thought it had a problem when it came to renaming extra's.

I take it that I'd have to rename things like OP/ED/Trailers, etc. individually according to the AniDB listings because Filebot couldn't do it properly or at all?

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - scudlee - 2013-07-27

If they're your own encodes (or otherwise altered by you), then pretty much manual renaming is your only option. I don't think Filebot even bothers retrieving details on the OPs/EDs, etc., so you couldn't even add custom rules to handle them (...don't quote me on that, though).

However, if they're fansubs that are listed on AniDB you can use the official AniDB client to rename them, and there's detailed instructions on how to do that in the first post.

(2013-07-27, 00:47)scudlee Wrote: If they're your own encodes (or otherwise altered by you), then pretty much manual renaming is your only option. I don't think Filebot even bothers retrieving details on the OPs/EDs, etc., so you couldn't even add custom rules to handle them (...don't quote me on that, though).

However, if they're fansubs that are listed on AniDB you can use the official AniDB client to rename them, and there's detailed instructions on how to do that in the first post.

So fansubs by most of the big groups like TV-Nihon, Doki and Kira wouldn't be a problem when it comes to renaming any extra's using the client, I take it as long as they're listed on the website?

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - vask - 2013-07-27

Appreciate all the work you do on this so my anime collection through XBMC looks fantastic. Really like how you added season support recently and a few new anime I have added recently started showing and I couldn't figure out why till I read your post ;P.

Somethings off for me though. I recently replaced the first 200ish episodes of naruto shippudden and it matched them all but it is not adding the episode overview. I checked thetvdb and the information is all still there but Its not being added like it used to on my updates.

Also Shinseiki Evangelion Gekijouban: Shi to Shinsei (anidb id:326) points to street fighter ii artwork from thetvdb and not for evangelion.

Lastly I updated Hoshi o Ou Kodomo with the movie version and it says it doesnt tie to an ID to get artwork but before it did.

Ive got some weird things going on and I am not sure if it is because I have never cleared a cache you were talking about before or what. I saw you recommend it before but never found a post with anyone detailing what cache where it was to find so I could delete and try again.

Any help you could shed would be awesome!

(2013-07-27, 04:19)vask Wrote: Somethings off for me though. I recently replaced the first 200ish episodes of naruto shippudden and it matched them all but it is not adding the episode overview. I checked thetvdb and the information is all still there but Its not being added like it used to on my updates.
Check the version of the scraper you're using, you need to be running 2.1.0 to get episode plots from the long-running shows now.

(2013-07-27, 04:19)vask Wrote: Also Shinseiki Evangelion Gekijouban: Shi to Shinsei (anidb id:326) points to street fighter ii artwork from thetvdb and not for evangelion.
Oh wow, you're right! WTF?! Fix incoming...

(2013-07-27, 04:19)vask Wrote: Lastly I updated Hoshi o Ou Kodomo with the movie version and it says it doesnt tie to an ID to get artwork but before it did.
Hmm... That shouldn't be the case. I have just now noticed a bug related to this, but it wouldn't affect that title. Can you be more specific? Have you changed the "Store anime ID from" setting to IMDB.com?

(2013-07-27, 04:19)vask Wrote: Ive got some weird things going on and I am not sure if it is because I have never cleared a cache you were talking about before or what. I saw you recommend it before but never found a post with anyone detailing what cache where it was to find so I could delete and try again.
The cache only lasts for 48 hours, so you only really need to clear it if there's been a recent update to the online data (e.g. The fix for Death and Rebirth I just did) and you absolutely must have it immediately, or if you got yourself banned, the cache can make the ban seem a lot longer than it actually is.

If you're on Windows, the cache is at %APPDATA%/XBMC/cache. If you're on another OS, find your xbmc.log and open it in a text editor, near the top there will be a line: " NOTICE: special://temp/ is mapped to: ..." which will tell you where to look.

@borgmanjayce: Most groups get listed, so there shouldn't be a problem. If you use the TagSystem rules linked to in the first post, then everything that gets found will be named appropriately for the scraper to find (if you just use the defaults on the client, the OPs/EDs, etc. will just get the C1, T3, etc. added to the file name, and still won't get found by the scraper).

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - vask - 2013-07-27

(2013-07-27, 09:12)scudlee Wrote: Check the version of the scraper you're using, you need to be running 2.1.0 to get episode plots from the long-running shows now.

Hmm... That shouldn't be the case. I have just now noticed a bug related to this, but it wouldn't affect that title. Can you be more specific? Have you changed the "Store anime ID from" setting to IMDB.com?

Thank you for the information on clearing the cache. Both scrapers are at 2.1.0(I checked them last night after making this post because I wanted to make sure I was current.) I have been using your scraper sense pretty much the first day you put it up. All settings for both have been the same sense then. I use XBMC 12.2 with Aeon Nox latest svn git. I even went so far as to delete the anidb folders out of the addons folder and reinstall from your repository and I am getting the same results. For the movie scraper it is set to store ID from anidb. I tried setting the tv scrapper to both anidb and thetvdb id and neither gives me episode plots.

Sadly, I can't reproduce either of your issues.

I made a dummy Naruto Shippuuden folder with a couple of randomly numbered episode in it, and the episode plots showed up fine.

I made a dummy movie folder for Hoshi o Ou Kodomo and the artwork showed up fine (if that's what your issue is). With "Store anime ID from" set to IMDB.com, the extra fanart downloader worked fine (if that's what your issue is).

I'll need to see a debug log (wiki) at this point to be able to help further.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=40019

For the movie scraper I did not have it set to IMDB.com and once I changed it it is working correctly. I mistook your other post as it was not supposed to be chosen. I misread my bad.

The naruto issue is still happening though and here is the log you requested.

edit: I just noticed on some fairy tale episodes i recently added there is no plot. So I am not getting plot period for anything.

The log shows that you're not using the Mod on your Naruto Shippuuden folder (and probably the entire anime folder):
Quote:
Code:
12:43:49 T:3504   DEBUG: ADDON::CScraper::GetEpisodeList: Searching 'http://api.anidb.net:9001/httpapi?request=anime&client=xbmcscrap&clientver=1&protover=1&aid=4880' using AniDB.net scraper (file: 'C:\Users\scott\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\metadata.anidb.net', content: 'tvshows', version: '2.0.0')

It should look more like:
Code:
21:52:56 T:8424   DEBUG: ADDON::CScraper::GetEpisodeList: Searching 'http://api.anidb.net:9001/httpapi?request=anime&client=xbmcscrap&clientver=1&protover=1&aid=4880' using AniDB.net [MOD] scraper (file: 'C:\Users\ScudLee\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\metadata.tvshows.anidb.net.mod', content: 'tvshows', version: '2.1.0')

Therein lies your problem.

I agree. After posting the log I started looking through it to see if I could find something useful to help me. I came to the same conclusion you just did. I have both of your mods installed but I guess I never uninstalled the original anidb that I had before yours was installed. In Video/Files for the anime entry it is set to use your mod. What I have discovered and I do not understand this is that even though it is set to use your mod it is not using it. When I delete the original anidb folder the refresh button greys out in my menu options, not letting me manually refresh anything in my anime menu.

So as far as I can tell I have it set to use your mod version of anidb and its not actually using it. Is there some setting I should have that I am missing?

EDIT!: everything working. Im guessing the entries that were updated in the last week when this started happened got corrupt in the database. I completely removed naruto shippuden and fairy tale where xbmc couldnt see, cleaned database and readded and they were found and added correctly. So all is good and thanks for helpin me get things straight!

FYI: evangelion artwork does work now but the default poster that pops is street fighter II ;P

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - scudlee - 2013-07-28

Glad to hear (almost) everything is working.

(2013-07-27, 23:10)vask Wrote: FYI: evangelion artwork does work now but the default poster that pops is street fighter II ;P

Are you sure there isn't a locally stored poster (in the Evangelion folder) that's interfering?

The default poster should always be the one from AniDB, with thetvdb and themoviedb posters just being alternatives... unless there's a local file available.