Kodi Community Forum
Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: TV Show Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=305)
+----- Thread: Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies (/showthread.php?tid=142835)

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - Vaneska - 2013-12-10

I try to answer. Smile

The AniDB Client is matching your files by hash. XBMC and the AniDB Mod Scrapper is using your Folder and Filename. Cen, Res and Vcodec you def. dont need in your Filename for scrapping. So for the Scrapper to find your Animes, you have to name them right, as best explained on the first page / first post.

There are Skins like Arctic where you can customize your HomeMenu. For Confluence there are a lot of Threads in this Forum, best to search for it. Then you could make two "playlist".xsp (see Wiki) for TV-Shows and Animes, thats how i do it. Something like:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
    <name>TV-Shows</name>
    <match>one</match>
    <rule field="path" operator="startswith">smb://192.168.1.2/TV-Shows/</rule>
</smartplaylist>

To save all your scraped information, you could export your library. See here

"If you choose to export to separate files you will also be asked if you want to export thumbnails and fanart as well.
The resulting XML .nfo file and associated image files will then be exported to the location of the corresponding video files."

Im not sure if this will overwrite other NFO's and Artwork you maybe already have, so bc.

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - Clockw0rk - 2013-12-12

(2013-12-10, 11:53)Vaneska Wrote: I try to answer. Smile

Thanks Vaneska, that was a very helpful post! Big Grin

I'll play around with those things a bit and report back if I run into any trouble.

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - costi - 2013-12-12

I've set the delay to 125, but I keep getting banned when scraping movies. Should I set it higher or simply to something else for movies?

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - xWeegix - 2013-12-18

Good job on the scraper. I found I had to set the delay to just below 200 to avoid getting banned. I would rather wait the extra few milliseconds than not have my collection scraped.

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - scudlee - 2013-12-18

In the update from 1.1.1 to 2.0.0 I fixed a typo in the DelayLoop function, which may have in turn sped it up, so the current default value might actually be on the low side.

Although you should only really need the delay on the initial scan, unless you're regularly adding anime movies en masse. One or two at a time shouldn't trigger a ban however quick.

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - magnumdoomguy - 2013-12-18

I recently upgraded my NAS, and switched to mysql for the database. Consequently, had to rescrape everything. After doing so (hadn't updated the library in a few months during the long migration of data from the old NAS to the new one) I can no longer seem to use this scraper. Even scraping a single show alone with a ridiculously high delay of 1000 bans me immediately from anidb.net. I did some poking around google, and apparrently anidb now bans any scraper that doesn't use their API. Even something small outside the API such as pinging anidb.net to see if it is up will ban the person. Is the anid [MOD] scraper using the API? Anybody else having troubles recently? I have a few hundred shows I can't add right now. Sad Any suggestions?

Edit: using ver. 2.1 (which I believe to be the latest)

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - scudlee - 2013-12-18

No, the scraper doesn't touch anything outside the API.

Getting banned on after a single show seems unlikely with the Mod. It could, however, happen if you're using the original anidb scraper with Google search enabled...

How were you changing the delay setting? If you were going to Settings->Add-ons->Enabled Add-ons->etc. That's the wrong place. You need to select the source folder, bring up the context menu and choose "Change content", then "Settings".

I'd really need to see a debug log (wiki) of you refreshing a show (and getting banned because of it) to be able to help further.

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - magnumdoomguy - 2013-12-18

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Not using the Google search, and have the delay set through the settings in the source.

My regular movies are busily scraping right now, when that completes I'll make a debug log for you.

Thank you for the help, it is greatly appreciated.

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - Shien - 2013-12-28

I'm using v2.1.0 and Frodo 12.2 with Map specials at the end of episode list checked but it's not working for some anime (e.g. Code Geass, Gunbuster). I've tried removing it from the library and re-scanning but the result is the same. Any ideas?

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - scudlee - 2013-12-28

What do you have Map specials inside of episode list set to?

Specials that can be mapped inside will be if that setting is on, and only the ones that can't be will be mapped to the end (or the start, depending on the other setting).

The two settings are independent, if you want all specials to be mapped to the end, you need to turn that one off also.

Also, make sure you changing the setting at the source folder, not just in the add-on settings (see my previous post for details).

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - Shien - 2013-12-29

Ah right, that's it. Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - LoveJoy - 2014-01-03

Happy new year.

I have used the holly days to sort my collection, as I needed to make some changes to my sources anyway. Android OS do not like network names, only IP's Sad

With my 10k TV show files I was a bit worried about my old problem getting banned. But it worked perfectly. I have found that my old problem with banning came from folders without the tvshow.nfo file. Witch was my own fault cause I was lacy with "move to folder" option.
I have now changed my file moving to "use tagging system". So any problem with that should be a one time problem from now on.

Cause of it all working so well now. I decided to use the mod for anime movies too. Goes rather well.
But I would like to hear what others have done about the movies that anidb list as 3 movies under one name. Like Mardock Scramble

I would like to have it as 3 movies, in a movie set. But the mod wants to make it a serie with 3 episodes. According to anidb that is right, however anidb states them as movies anyway.
So far I left those in another folder scraped with another scrapper.
What do you guys do? Smile

So if any has some good advice, fell free to share them.

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - redhalo - 2014-01-07

This scraper works great, but is there a way to have it pull in poster art from thetvdb.com rather than from anidb.net?

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - scudlee - 2014-01-07

@LoveJoy: This is something I am working on (although not currently...). The post I mention it and describe how it will work is here.

It all mostly works, I just need to get back to it and fix the last kink, which is actually the bit you mention about putting the individual movies into a set, as there will be three potential set locations - anime-movieset-list.xml (default), themoviedb.org (optional), and then just the "show" title itself from anidb.net. Getting those to work properly together has proven tricky, the current state of the scraper keeps putting every movie into it's own set (which is not good).

@redhalo: The scraper already does pull posters from thetvdb.com, they're just behind the the main poster. If you select "Change Art" from the info screen, every remote poster after the first one will be from thetvdb.org (unless there are any themoviedb.org posters). You can see the full priority list of posters and banners in this post.

I guess though what you're really asking is for thetvdb posters to take priority over anidb... One issue there is that there isn't always a one-to-one relationship between thetvdb and anidb, you would frequently end up with multiple anidb shows having the same thetvdb poster. That said, if you look at the banner priority list you'll see I did separate the cases to use the season banner when available to try to maximize uniqueness. I didn't bother with that for the posters since they're not shown by default anyway - once you're manually choosing the order is largely irrelevant. So it would definitely be possible to do the same for the posters and to then have an option to prioritize thetvdb posters (or more likely de-prioritize the anidb poster) without too much legwork on my part... if there was more call for it.

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - redhalo - 2014-01-08

(2014-01-07, 23:29)scudlee Wrote: @redhalo: The scraper already does pull posters from thetvdb.com, they're just behind the the main poster. If you select "Change Art" from the info screen, every remote poster after the first one will be from thetvdb.org (unless there are any themoviedb.org posters). You can see the full priority list of posters and banners in this post.

Thanks, I'm an idiot and forgot that I even had the option to change art. All is well now.