Kodi Community Forum
Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: TV Show Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=305)
+----- Thread: Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies (/showthread.php?tid=142835)

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - Mr Flopsie - 2014-01-17

So how often exactly is the list updated?( Can it not be automated? ) Because I just noticed it misses some shows and I don't really want to add an .nfo file for every show. Like someone said before me, Nobunaga the fool doesn't show up even with an .nfo file
Also, my detection of jojo's bizarre adventure is messed up, I even placed corresponding links in .nfo files.

cheers

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - scudlee - 2014-01-17

Nobunaga the Fool has been in the animetitles.xml (and thus searchable) since November 11, 2013 - almost two months before the show started airing.

(It was added in this commit to be precise.)

Any issues you have are unrelated to the frequency of updates to the lists. I would need to see a debug log (wiki) of you refreshing a show to be able to help further.

Also, do not use the Google Search option. It is not better than the default search.

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - Mr Flopsie - 2014-01-17

Thanks for the reply, might using Raspbmc on my raspberry be a cause for the problem then? Maybe it's using a different or older xml? Because it goes to a google.sites url and not github.
Or is that normal? Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - scudlee - 2014-01-17

It sounds like you're using the regular anidb scraper, not the mod. You need to download my repo from the first post, install that and then install the scrapers from that.

...If you've already done that, then you need to make sure you're actually using the mod scraper on your anime source folder.

Go to the source folder, bring up the context menu, select "Change Content" and see what scraper is being used (and if necessary change it).

(The mod is named "AniDB.net [MOD]", it should be easy to distinguish.)

Ah, all right, thanks for the info! I'll try it out tomorrow !

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - Cpuroast - 2014-01-19

Is there a reason that the anidbmod scrapper grabs posters from "anidb" instead of "thetvdb" by default?

anidb doesn't have a 2x3 restriction on aspect ratio like thetvdb does and so images can sometimes be closer to 3x4 or 1x1 and get squished in the xbmc poster displays which doesn't look great Sad

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - scudlee - 2014-01-19

To save myself repeating myself too much, here's a link to a post from a few days ago where I answered a related question:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=142835&pid=1593358#pid1593358

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - Mr Flopsie - 2014-01-19

@scudlee, thanks I had indeed the older scraper. Now everything is listed normally.
Though it looked like the scanning was slower, I'm happy that now everything is listed!
Thanks !

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - Cpuroast - 2014-01-19

(2014-01-19, 03:06)scudlee Wrote: To save myself repeating myself too much, here's a link to a post from a few days ago where I answered a related question:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=142835&pid=1593358#pid1593358

I just read your reply, in my case changing it manually isn't a viable option, I would have to manually change the poster with every single episode Smile

My xbmc library is extremely dynamic and changes constantly as I erase episodes and it's containing series folder as soon as I watch them and xbmc cleans/purges the library automatically on startup or outside of playback(watchdog plugin), so with every new ep, AniDBMod will scrape and get the anidb poster again, I'd then have to manually change the poster again.

I count on the scraping function to give good results automatically without manual intervention, putting a priority to thetvdb would be desirable as I often contribute high quality posters for the anime series I watch.

Also, the "Aeon Nox, episodes" view I use for everything, puts a large emphasis on the poster in the foreground with the fanart in the background which makes having high resolution 2x3 posters essential. There are other views and several other skins which displays posters quite prominently.

I hope this can be added as it would definitely enhance my xbmc experience for anime playback.

All in all, I really appreciate your work on AniDBMod, it makes anime browsing and playback on xbmc actually enjoyable and puts it on par with regular tv shows and movies.

Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - komari - 2014-01-21

The scraper recognizes all shows correctly but no episodes unless I scan every one manually. I named all the files with the Anidb client as described in the first post and copied the advancedsettings.xml from there.

EDIT: Reinstalling the scraper solved it.

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - xborder - 2014-01-26

Hi, i'm having the trouble of not being able to find my episodes. All the files have the following name scheme: [fansub] <anime> - <episode number> [720p].mkv.
I keep getting the error "Could not enumerate the file".. Can anyone suggest me a regex expressin for this naming format? I've used a few described here but they didn't work.

Thank you in advance

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - komari - 2014-01-27

(2014-01-26, 22:19)xborder Wrote: Hi, i'm having the trouble of not being able to find my episodes. All the files have the following name scheme: [fansub] <anime> - <episode number> [720p].mkv.
I keep getting the error "Could not enumerate the file".. Can anyone suggest me a regex expressin for this naming format? I've used a few described here but they didn't work.

Thank you in advance
I use the following for [fansub] anime - ep (randomstuff).ext:

Code:
\[*\]* - ([0-9]+) [^\\/]*
If that doesn't work, try this:
Code:
\[*\]* - ([0-9]+) \[*\][^\\/]*
This one includes the second set of brackets.

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - xborder - 2014-01-27

Thank you komari, i cant right now but i'll try it later. But according to the wiki, for episodes without a season, you have to use an empty pair of parentheses for the season. I'm quite confused about what it is supposed to obtain from the expression.
I've made something like this:

Code:
(?<=[/\._ \-])()(\d{2,3})

and according to http://www.pythonregex.com/, it returns an empty string and the number of the episode. Isn't that what its supposed to return?

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - DeeKayNL - 2014-01-28

Hello everyone, i'm new at all this but i have a question. Maybe one that has been mentioned before but it all quite difficult.

I have a very common problem with my anime collection. The scraper does collect all the data for my series, but i dont see any epsiodes inside the folders.
I had the AniDB client rename most of my files to the correct names some months ago.
All files are in the root of the series folder. So no Season folders.

I was wondering what i was doing wrong in the first place and second i was reading about regex and was wondering if i could add both the episodes after renaming them and before like [fansub] <anime> - <episode number> [720p].mkv

So that in the future i dont have to rename my files but it also sees my older renamed files?

I hope this make any sense to you. If not please ask me for more info so that i can get my issue resolved.

RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - DeeKayNL - 2014-01-29

I already got it solved. I forgot to use the advancedsettings.xml.
When i set this in the correct folder and added the two codes Komari posted everything worked like a charm.

It can see my anime named with the anidb client alswel as my anime with its original [fansub] anime - episode [720p].mkv files