Kodi Community Forum
Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: TV Show Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=305)
+----- Thread: Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies (/showthread.php?tid=142835)

RE: [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - Majin01 - 2020-12-24

Hi im just starting out with using AniDB, so I was under the idea that if I had seasoned shows it could help turn it into absolute in my library but i think thats not the case or I have not set it up correct. I have Naruto Shippuden but in Seasoned through the english format. Is there a way to make AniDBMod scan the seasons and put it into my library in Absoulte order?

Also I have FUll Metal Alcehmist but it scans in under the Japanese name is there a way to make it show the english name? i already had language name set to EN.
Edit: I figured out the english naming thing i had to enable use official name over default as well i didnt see it haha

RE: [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - mlaggner - 2020-12-27

@scudlee looks like there is a small error in metadata.common.anidb.net (1.3.1) which causes parsing errors:

Code:
<RegExp conditional="!OldRatings" input="$$9$$7" output="&lt;ratings&gt;&lt;rating name=&quot;anidb&quot; default=&quot;true&quot;&gt;\1&lt;/rating&gt;&lt;ratings&gt;" dest="8">

the last block "&lt;ratings&gt;" is missing the closing slash - the right syntax would be "&lt;/ratings&gt;"

also the block:

Code:
<RegExp input="" output="&lt;chain function=&quot;ReturnFanart&quot;&gt;&amp;&lt;/url&gt;" dest="8+">

must not end with /url, but with /chain

Code:
<RegExp input="$$16" output="&lt;fanart&gt;\1&lt;fanart&gt;" dest="8">

must end with /fanart

RE: [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - Majin01 - 2020-12-30

Hi I got a question, I have a folder for My Hero Academia, the Folder structure is like so. 

My Hero Academia
-Season 1
--S01E01 - Izuku Midoriya Origin
-Season 2
--S02E01 - Thats the Idea, Ochaco
-Season 3
-Season 4

When scraped with AniDBMod it only detects/scans in the first seasons episodes. I assume if I take out the season folders and renamed Season 2 and the episodes To something like

My Hero Academia 2
-S01E01 - Thats the Idea, Ochaco

it would work, but I would rather not have 4 different shows all named My Hero Academia, is there any way to make My Hero Academia seasons come under one show? Now ik some of you are saying why use AniDB then but for shows that come out in seasons like this Id prefer to have them in the seasoned order, while having shows like Bleach, Naruto, and DBZ stay with the traditional seasonal format.

RE: [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - Sc0r - 2020-12-31

Not sure why, but it recognises:
Hanyou no Yashahime - Sengoku Otogizoushi S01E12
but not:
[Erai-raws] Hanyou no Yashahime - Sengoku Otogizoushi - 13 [1080p][Multiple Subtitle]
I thought that's covered in what I copiet into the advancedsettings.xml?

RE: [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - Sc0r - 2021-01-02

(2020-12-31, 12:27)Sc0r Wrote: Not sure why, but it recognises:
Hanyou no Yashahime - Sengoku Otogizoushi S01E12
but not:
[Erai-raws] Hanyou no Yashahime - Sengoku Otogizoushi - 13 [1080p][Multiple Subtitle]
I thought that's covered in what I copiet into the advancedsettings.xml?
Sorry for double-post, but there seems to be no edit function. (much to my dismay, looking at my spelling mistakes over and over Big Grin)
I narrowed it down.
[Erai-Raws]Shingeki no Kyojin - The Final Season - 04 [1080p][Multiple Subtitle].mkv    <-- Not Recognised
[Erai-Raws]Shingeki no Kyojin - The Final Season - E04 [1080p][Multiple Subtitle].mkv  <-- Recognised

So if I get this right, I need the filter to append an "E" to a free standing double digit number.
I tried to understand how the advancedsettings filter works but I couldn't figure this out.

RE: [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - DarrenHill - 2021-01-02

Yes, otherwise the parsing can't tell if it's the episode number or some random digits in the file name.

And as your account is a newbie one, you don't yet have edit privs. It's an anti-spam measure, which will disengage once you've made more posts (as you've already been around long enough).

RE: [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - Sc0r - 2021-01-02

(2021-01-02, 14:11)DarrenHill Wrote: Yes, otherwise the parsing can't tell if it's the episode number or some random digits in the file name.

And as your account is a newbie one, you don't yet have edit privs. It's an anti-spam measure, which will disengage once you've made more posts (as you've already been around long enough).
aah excellent good to know thank you. Thats what I get for just lurking about! 

Ok I just checked its the same with all anime I'm currently watching.
[Erai-raws] Hanyou no Yashahime - Sengoku Otogizoushi - 13 [720p][Multiple Subtitle]. mkv
[Erai-raws] Shingeki no Kyojin - The Final Season - 04 [1080p][Multiple Subtitle]. mkv
[SubsPlease] Jujutsu Kaisen - 13 (1080p) [3B4FDE35]. mkv
[Erai-raws] Dragon Quest - Dai no Daibouken (2020) - 13 [720p][Multiple Subtitle]. mkv

I automated it for the most part.
1. RSS results of my anime to an external download service (which I use for other stuff already)
2. autoftp on my windows machine which checks that download service's FTP every hour for new content
3. autoftp downloads it into each individual kodi media storage
4. kodi updates it's library every hour to check for new content

So far so good, all working up to this point (even though I'd prefer a way for FTP And library to check more frequently but I'll settle with this for now) but it still requires me to add an "E" manually to each one after the download.
Does anyone know if there is a way to append an "E" prefix to [SPACE]Digit1,Digit2[SPACE] or just default free standing 2 digit numbers to episode numbers as a first try (and as a second, try without defaulting it to episodes)

RE: [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - monkinsane - 2021-01-14

Great work man! Works like a charm!!

RE: [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - johnnie.it - 2021-01-24

Anybody help PLEEEEEEeeeease!

I can't seem to scrape any of the (relatively) new fist of the north star movies, no matter how I try. It works with the universal movie scraper/tmdb but not with anidb.
Anidb works with a few other movie titles I've tried: the disappearance of haruhi suzumiya, your name and a few others.

Could the problem be that those fist of the north star movies don't have an official title set to english? Except it won't work with the main title either. With or without including the anidb ID.
Or maybe they need  to be added to the list? That doesn't sound right, however I have absolutely no clue how all of this works so...I'll just shut up.

Just for reference, here's the links to the titles:
https://anidb.net/anime/3038
https://anidb.net/anime/3040
https://anidb.net/anime/5104
https://anidb.net/anime/3041
https://anidb.net/anime/6105

Now I COULD set specific scraper instructions for each movie or just setup local info - and I will if I must - but I thought I'd bring this up.

Anyway, thanks for the mod. It's a lifesaver for anime lovers.

RE: [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - Sc0r - 2021-01-24

(2021-01-24, 04:22)johnnie.it Wrote: Anybody help PLEEEEEEeeeease!

I can't seem to scrape any of the (relatively) new fist of the north star movies, no matter how I try. It works with the universal movie scraper/tmdb but not with anidb.
Anidb works with a few other movie titles I've tried: the disappearance of haruhi suzumiya, your name and a few others.

Could the problem be that those fist of the north star movies don't have an official title set to english? Except it won't work with the main title either. With or without including the anidb ID.
Or maybe they need  to be added to the list? That doesn't sound right, however I have absolutely no clue how all of this works so...I'll just shut up.

Just for reference, here's the links to the titles:
https://anidb.net/anime/3038
https://anidb.net/anime/3040
https://anidb.net/anime/5104
https://anidb.net/anime/3041
https://anidb.net/anime/6105

Now I COULD set specific scraper instructions for each movie or just setup local info - and I will if I must - but I thought I'd bring this up.

Anyway, thanks for the mod. It's a lifesaver for anime lovers.
I had a similar issue with other anime, one problem seems to be the ridiculously long name, i.e. "Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Arui wa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen"
Shortening it to "Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou" was helpful in a number of ways.
Try shortening it, enter that shortened version in the anidb search, if it still comes up as the first result, you should be good.

I have another question, made some progress with the naming issue. Found a group that does "E" in front of the episode number. Unfortunately it does it like that "S02E01" Which again, the scraper can't handle when it already is in a folder with the season 2 name like "dr. stone - stone wars". 
Does anyone know how to make the scraper ignore the S00 part?

RE: [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - johnnie.it - 2021-01-25

(2021-01-24, 23:24)Sc0r Wrote: Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Arui wa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen
Ok, this is indeed bizarre.

I removed the whole "Shin Kyuuseishu Densetsu Hokuto no Ken" and only left the rest (toki den, yuria den etc.). I also renamed all the anime movies and series to romaji (mononoke-hime, kimi no na wa., suzumiya haruhi no yuuutsu, suzumiya haruhi no shoushitsu, etc.). Basically main titles as they show up on anidb.
Removed the sources, cleared the library, set the sources up again but this time to look up the main title, rescanned.
Now the movies show up as before, except of the 5 titles above only the legend of julia is scraped.

As far as series go, it's not working. It scrapes the series but not the episodes and they all show empty.
From what I understand by reading other posts I can't have files named as they show up in Anidb (say, "\Kanon (2006)\01 - Silver Overture.mkv") for reasons. I need ep01 etc.
But what are the naming rules? What's the regex looking for? I re-read the op 20 times and can't figure it out.
Edit: not important, but I use Filebot for renaming stuff.

@Sc0r you could edit the regex rule as mentioned at the bottom of the first post. I say "you could" because I'm now using an android box as the frontend where kodi is installed and I have no clue how I could access that file.

RE: [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - Sc0r - 2021-01-25

(2021-01-25, 01:05)johnnie.it Wrote:
(2021-01-24, 23:24)Sc0r Wrote: Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Arui wa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen

I removed the whole "Shin Kyuuseishu Densetsu Hokuto no Ken" and only left the rest (toki den, yuria den etc.). I also renamed all the anime movies and series to romaji (mononoke-hime, kimi no na wa., suzumiya haruhi no yuuutsu, suzumiya haruhi no shoushitsu, etc.). Basically main titles as they show up on anidb.
Removed the sources, cleared the library, set the sources up again but this time to look up the main title, rescanned.
Now the movies show up as before, except of the 5 titles above only the legend of julia is scraped.

As far as series go, it's not working. It scrapes the series but not the episodes and they all show empty.
From what I understand by reading other posts I can't have files named as they show up in Anidb (say, "\Kanon (2006)\01 - Silver Overture.mkv") for reasons. I need ep01 etc.
But what are the naming rules? What's the regex looking for? I re-read the op 20 times and can't figure it out.

@Sc0r you could edit the regex rule as mentioned at the bottom of the first post. I say "you could" because I'm now using an android box as the frontend where kodi is installed and I have no clue how I could access that file.
When you move to a folder of a singular anime and select "scan to library", does it jump to one (wrong?) show or does it give you a selection of shows or nothing?
When I tried 'Shin Kyuuseishu Densetsu Hokuto no Ken Raou-den Jun`ai no Shou' and 'Shin Kyuuseishu Densetsu Hokuto no Ken Zero Kenshirou-den' they were recognised without any issue.
So just to be safe- Did you create folders with the show title included in the scraping, I made that mistake, just throwing the episodes of all anime into my animefolder, that won't work. It needs individual folders for each tv show. 
Also make sure to have scrudlee's regex addition. 

And yes its tricky. Some sub groups like DKM do it like S01E01, this always works as long as its S01. Unfortunately, Anime often jump out of that pattern as opposed to regular tv shows, like Shingeki no Kyojin: the final season. To anidb, this is season one of the final season, so S04 needs to be ignored. Sometimes even that was ignored until I renamed it "[EMBER] Shingeki no Kyojin - The Final Season - 1x06" and boom it was there.

thanks! yes the regex seems like the way to go but even looking at the regular expressions wiki page, the pre-existing tvshows regex might as well be in Mandarin, absolutely insane to me, so I'll have to find someone who can make the regex filter out the 'S00-99' bit just as it does with everything in brackets.

RE: [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - johnnie.it - 2021-01-25

(2021-01-25, 16:02)Sc0r Wrote:
(2021-01-25, 01:05)johnnie.it Wrote:

When you move to a folder of a singular anime and select "scan to library", does it jump to one (wrong?) show or does it give you a selection of shows or nothing?
When I tried 'Shin Kyuuseishu Densetsu Hokuto no Ken Raou-den Jun`ai no Shou' and 'Shin Kyuuseishu Densetsu Hokuto no Ken Zero Kenshirou-den' they were recognised without any issue.
So just to be safe- Did you create folders with the show title included in the scraping, I made that mistake, just throwing the episodes of all anime into my animefolder, that won't work. It needs individual folders for each tv show. 
Also make sure to have scrudlee's regex addition. 

And yes its tricky. Some sub groups like DKM do it like S01E01, this always works as long as its S01. Unfortunately, Anime often jump out of that pattern as opposed to regular tv shows, like Shingeki no Kyojin: the final season. To anidb, this is season one of the final season, so S04 needs to be ignored. Sometimes even that was ignored until I renamed it "[EMBER] Shingeki no Kyojin - The Final Season - 1x06" and boom it was there.

thanks! yes the regex seems like the way to go but even looking at the regular expressions wiki page, the pre-existing tvshows regex might as well be in Mandarin, absolutely insane to me, so I'll have to find someone who can make the regex filter out the 'S00-99' bit just as it does with everything in brackets.
Ok so how the heck do I remove all the unnecessary quotes above here? O_o

Anyway, the anime are named like in the example I just gave above there: "\Anime\Kanon (2006)\01 - Silver Overture.mkv". I'll try using "Ep" in front of the episode number.
Same with movies, it's "\Animovies\title (year)\title (year).ext".
Excerpt:
Code:
Z:\Animovies\Kidou Senshi Gundam Thunderbolt - Bandit Flower (2017)\Kidou Senshi Gundam Thunderbolt - Bandit Flower (2017).idx
Z:\Animovies\Kidou Senshi Gundam Thunderbolt - Bandit Flower (2017)\Kidou Senshi Gundam Thunderbolt - Bandit Flower (2017).mkv
Z:\Animovies\Kidou Senshi Gundam Thunderbolt - Bandit Flower (2017)\Kidou Senshi Gundam Thunderbolt - Bandit Flower (2017).sub
Z:\Animovies\Kimi no Na wa. (2016)\Kimi no Na wa. (2016).mp4
Z:\Animovies\Mononoke-hime (1997)\Mononoke-hime (1997).mkv
Z:\Animovies\Raou-den Gekitou no Shou (2008)\Raou-den Gekitou no Shou (2008).mkv
Z:\Animovies\Raou-den Jun`ai no Shou (2006)\Raou-den Jun`ai no Shou (2006).mkv
Z:\Animovies\Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu (2010)\Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu (2010).mkv
Z:\Animovies\Toki-den (2008)\Toki-den (2008).mkv
Z:\Animovies\Yuria-den (2007)\Yuria-den (2007).mkv
Z:\Animovies\Zero Kenshirou-den (2008)\Zero Kenshirou-den (2008).mkv

What I understood from the op was that the regex rules were needed if you were using the modified anidb renamer. That's why I mentioned I'm using filebot.
I can set up the names to be whatever I want, I just need to know what rules I should conform to.

Addendum:
Oh and btw as far as further seasons are concerned that's never been a problem with me. Anidb treats them as new shows and so do I.
So, say, you have "One punch" and then "One punch (2019)" would be season two. Same with "Suzumiya Haruhi no yuuutsu" + (2009) (but ok, that's a whole different can of worms).
The episodes where named exactly like on the page show on Anidb: "## - title".
Now, I can lead the episode number by E or Ep, but what about specials and OP/EDs? Do "S1 - special name" and "OP1 - opening theme name" work?
Do they need to be like in S00? Because as I said I'm not using season numbers, but that's how it works for tvshows if I remember correctly

Addendum 2:
I forgot, I'll edit this as soon as I can remember what the point was Smile

RE: [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - Sc0r - 2021-01-29

(2021-01-25, 19:32)johnnie.it Wrote: Oh and btw as far as further seasons are concerned that's never been a problem with me. Anidb treats them as new shows and so do I.
So, say, you have "One punch" and then "One punch (2019)" would be season two. Same with "Suzumiya Haruhi no yuuutsu" + (2009) (but ok, that's a whole different can of worms).
The episodes where named exactly like on the page show on Anidb: "## - title".
Now, I can lead the episode number by E or Ep, but what about specials and OP/EDs? Do "S1 - special name" and "OP1 - opening theme name" work?
Do they need to be like in S00? Because as I said I'm not using season numbers, but that's how it works for tvshows if I remember correctly

Addendum 2:
I forgot, I'll edit this as soon as I can remember what the point was Smile
If the specials exist outside of the season, they must probably be treated as individual movies. If they are part of the show, replicate the title it has in anidb, see if it works. didnt have specials yet myself.

regarding filters, I had someone on stackoverflow help me out.
the short of it is, if we can prepend things, 
Code:
\b([0-9]{2})\b
 regex matches and replace with 
Code:
E$1
If kodi can't do that (tbh, wouldn't know how to), its probably easier just to filter out "S01-99" with this, have it treat all episodes as season 1.
Code:
\b[sS](0[1-9]|[1-9][0-9])\b
I'll test it, lets see how it goes.

RE: [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - Sc0r - 2021-01-31

Okaaay so I fiddled around with it a bit more without exactly knowing how it works, fortunately I can see the turnout on regex tester pages.
https://regex101.com/r/mG4oK9/1 After removing the "\b" bit it properly removes the Season bit. Unfortunately, to the scraper it seems to have no effect.
I made the advencedsettings.xml and put in this:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching action="prepend">
<regexp>[sS](0[1-9]|[1-9][0-9])</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>
As far as I understand it, this file acts as filter before the scraper starts doing it's work, but so far this does nothing. What am I missing?