Kodi Community Forum
Mini-ITX motherboard with Sandy Bridge mobile Celeron 847 and Intel HD Graphics - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Mini-ITX motherboard with Sandy Bridge mobile Celeron 847 and Intel HD Graphics (/showthread.php?tid=143433)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Mini-ITX motherboard with Sandy Bridge mobile Celeron 847 and Intel HD Graphics - pazuzu - 2013-01-15

I found a MSI MB Sc 1155, H61I-E35 (B3) MB
and Intel Celeron G530 2,4GHz LGA1155 BOX (BX80623G530) CPU

I understand that CPU is more powerfule, but how about the GPU ?
Is it work fine with Win7 and XBMC without complicated configuration ?
And how about with a power consumption, do You know anything about, this machine will work 24/7 Smile

Thanx for Your help Smile

RE: Mini-ITX motherboard with Sandy Bridge mobile Celeron 847 and Intel HD Graphics - cosmicr - 2013-01-16

Hey all I've ordered the HDMI version of the ASUS C8HM70-i

Planning on building a custom case when I get it and running it off a USB3.0 stick.

Anyways, I'll post my review/thoughts when it comes in!

RE: Mini-ITX motherboard with Sandy Bridge mobile Celeron 847 and Intel HD Graphics - Jethro - 2013-01-18

Any thoughts on Acer Veriton VN2620G with Celeron 887?

RE: Mini-ITX motherboard with Sandy Bridge mobile Celeron 847 and Intel HD Graphics - Dougie Fresh - 2013-01-18

(2013-01-18, 22:11)Jethro Wrote: Any thoughts on Acer Veriton VN2620G with Celeron 887?

I would put OpenELEC on a USB stick and try it out with this. It should run it quite nicely since the 847 does and this is wee bit faster.

(2013-01-16, 06:45)cosmicr Wrote: Hey all I've ordered the HDMI version of the ASUS C8HM70-i

Planning on building a custom case when I get it and running it off a USB3.0 stick.

Anyways, I'll post my review/thoughts when it comes in!

Excellent, I look forward to reading how it goes. I am especially interested in how the fan performs.

RE: Mini-ITX motherboard with Sandy Bridge mobile Celeron 847 and Intel HD Graphics - nikc0069 - 2013-01-18

Interesting! This could be my e350 replacement or a new build. Nice to see someone run it off of a USB stick on an internal header - what is the performance like off that?

Assuming bluray is fine with HD2000? I'd kinda like a new build to be future proofed for 3D when it gets built in to ffmpeg/xbmc so not sure if this board would be suitable.

RE: Mini-ITX motherboard with Sandy Bridge mobile Celeron 847 and Intel HD Graphics - Dougie Fresh - 2013-01-19

(2013-01-18, 23:42)nikc0069 Wrote: Interesting! This could be my e350 replacement or a new build. Nice to see someone run it off of a USB stick on an internal header - what is the performance like off that?

Assuming bluray is fine with HD2000? I'd kinda like a new build to be future proofed for 3D when it gets built in to ffmpeg/xbmc so not sure if this board would be suitable.

Performance is great but I am just using the default skin. Bluray rips play fine in OpenELEC and Windows (with an external player for Windows).

I am not sure in 3D. HWInfo says HD2000 which is supposed to support 3D but then if you look at Celeron 847 in Intel's ARK it says differently. I think someone with a 3D TV and 3D content is going to need to try it to be sure.

RE: Mini-ITX motherboard with Sandy Bridge mobile Celeron 847 and Intel HD Graphics - nikc0069 - 2013-01-19

(2013-01-19, 00:44)Dougie Fresh Wrote:
(2013-01-18, 23:42)nikc0069 Wrote: Interesting! This could be my e350 replacement or a new build. Nice to see someone run it off of a USB stick on an internal header - what is the performance like off that?

Performance is great but I am just using the default skin. Bluray rips play fine in OpenELEC and Windows (with an external player for Windows).

I am not sure in 3D. HWInfo says HD2000 which is supposed to support 3D but then if you look at Celeron 847 in Intel's ARK it says differently. I think someone with a 3D TV and 3D content is going to need to try it to be sure.

Bring it round mine and have a go Wink That is if you are anywhere near Brighton UK (which not many are!).

Yea I've read that HD2000 supports 3d but I've had some confusion with this - I am using Openelec and it is only supporting SBS atm, but I'm hoping one day in the future XBMC may have the MVC decoding built in via FFMPEG and do framepacking over HDMI natively - but I digress. The main reason I wanted to check its true capabilities is that I'd like this little box to be a bit more future proof.

Would you mind trying Aeon if you get a chance and seeing how that performs? It is fine on my E350 under Openelec so I would think it isn't a problem.

I also guess with AE now merged that bitstreaming on this wouldn't be an issue.

RE: Mini-ITX motherboard with Sandy Bridge mobile Celeron 847 and Intel HD Graphics - efegue - 2013-01-20

@dougie Fresh

Taken from SilentPCReview forums, looks like the stock fan sucks:

Quote:..."The CPU is cooled by a heatsink attached with pushpins, and a 40mm fan on top. The stock fan runs @ 4300rpm (apx) and sounds quite 'buzzy'. The motherboard has a 3-pin header for the CPU fan (monitoring only, no "smart" BIOS controls for fan voltage), and a 4-pin PWM header for a system or case fan - this does support Asus' 'Q-Fan' control system though.

With the stock fan, the CPU temperature reading just sitting in the BIOS is apx. 30C. This is on an open testbench (Lian Li T60), 22C ambient. I replaced the stock CPU fan with a Scythe Mini Kaze 40mm, 10mm height fan - at 12V this does apx. 3500rpm. This is a lot quieter, and does not exhibit the same buzz as the stock fan. I have since put a 9V resistor on the Scythe, which helps even more..."

RE: Mini-ITX motherboard with Sandy Bridge mobile Celeron 847 and Intel HD Graphics - nikc0069 - 2013-01-20

Could someone confirm if the macroblocking is still a problem using Openelec latest Frodo build on this setup please?

RE: Mini-ITX motherboard with Sandy Bridge mobile Celeron 847 and Intel HD Graphics - Dougie Fresh - 2013-01-20

(2013-01-20, 22:05)efegue Wrote: @dougie Fresh

Taken from SilentPCReview forums, looks like the stock fan sucks:

Quote:..."The CPU is cooled by a heatsink attached with pushpins, and a 40mm fan on top. The stock fan runs @ 4300rpm (apx) and sounds quite 'buzzy'. The motherboard has a 3-pin header for the CPU fan (monitoring only, no "smart" BIOS controls for fan voltage), and a 4-pin PWM header for a system or case fan - this does support Asus' 'Q-Fan' control system though.

With the stock fan, the CPU temperature reading just sitting in the BIOS is apx. 30C. This is on an open testbench (Lian Li T60), 22C ambient. I replaced the stock CPU fan with a Scythe Mini Kaze 40mm, 10mm height fan - at 12V this does apx. 3500rpm. This is a lot quieter, and does not exhibit the same buzz as the stock fan. I have since put a 9V resistor on the Scythe, which helps even more..."

That's the change I made to the Biostar 847 board too -- using a Scythe mini-Kaze. Seems par for the course.
(2013-01-20, 22:15)nikc0069 Wrote: Could someone confirm if the macroblocking is still a problem using Openelec latest Frodo build on this setup please?

I thought macroblocking was a DXVA / Windows issue not OpenELEC?

RE: Mini-ITX motherboard with Sandy Bridge mobile Celeron 847 and Intel HD Graphics - nikc0069 - 2013-01-20

Quote:I thought macroblocking was a DXVA / Windows issue not OpenELEC?

D'oh, forgot Openelec is VAAPI/VDPAU not DXVA. That answers that then. Smile As long as AE works to bitstream audio I can see this, a nice slot loading bluray, and a small case with picopsu as being my next, cheap build.

RE: Mini-ITX motherboard with Sandy Bridge mobile Celeron 847 and Intel HD Graphics - PobjoySpecial - 2013-01-20

I'm pretty sure that Dougie Fresh said it would do Bluray isos. I'd only be interested in it doing the discs though. My E350 can do it....

RE: Mini-ITX motherboard with Sandy Bridge mobile Celeron 847 and Intel HD Graphics - Dougie Fresh - 2013-01-20

I tested bluray MKVs rips (straight 1:1 rips) and all the high bitrate videos I could find and it played fine. I didn't specifically test bluray ISOs. As long as the player support HW accleration with the HD2000 it'll play.

(2013-01-20, 22:50)Dougie Fresh Wrote: I tested bluray MKVs rips (straight 1:1 rips) and all the high bitrate videos I could find and it played fine. I didn't specifically test bluray ISOs. As long as the player support HW accleration with the HD2000 it'll play.

Awesome. Now to find a really nice little mini-itx case for not much dosh...