Kodi Community Forum
Frodo poster art slow to load - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Frodo poster art slow to load (/showthread.php?tid=144365)

Pages: 1 2

Frodo poster art slow to load - tman12 - 2012-11-03

I'm running Openelec nightlies and I've noticed that my posters are slow to load and some do not load at all. I thought I read somewhere that there was some new artwork imaging being done with Frodo for posters. Is this something I should just get used to or is something on my end setup wrong?

RE: Frodo poster art slow to load - TurboT - 2012-12-04

Hi

First time poster here, I am experiencing the same behaviour ... my music collection displays nice and quick but the movie and TV images are seriously lagging. I was on Win7 Eden and now moved to XbmcBuntu Frodo beta 1 , I was not sure if it was something to do with how I went about importing the DB or something or if I needed to optimize the DB

Please let me know what information you need to help resolve or report a bug ..

T

RE: Frodo poster art slow to load - tman12 - 2012-12-05

Have you tried using Confluence? It could be that the skin you are using is not setup for the changes in Frodo. I'm running Openelec 3.0 beta 3 with Confluence for now and the images are loading perfect, although I'm pretty sure they would have worked with beta 1 if I stuck with Confluence.

RE: Frodo poster art slow to load - TurboT - 2012-12-07

I'm using Confluence stock standard as it ships with a fresh install of XBMCbuntu 12: Beta 1, initially I thought my problems where due to the import of the video db but I dropped the DB and started rescanning all the movies but still the loading of posters and background art is very slow... much slower than on the same PC running Windows7

I am starting to suspect some kind of memory allocation issue.. I did add 2GB of RAM (Total 4GB now) after I first build the system, would I maybe need to look at rebuilding the system with the 4GB ?

RE: Frodo poster art slow to load - Hitcher - 2012-12-07

(2012-11-03, 19:33)tman12 Wrote: I'm running Openelec nightlies and I've noticed that my posters are slow to load and some do not load at all. I thought I read somewhere that there was some new artwork imaging being done with Frodo for posters. Is this something I should just get used to or is something on my end setup wrong?

Were you using the unofficial nightly ION builds before any chance?

If so, that'll explain it because when vicbitter was building them he had a patch to speed up the loading of images.

RE: Frodo poster art slow to load - TurboT - 2012-12-07

I used xbmcbuntu-12.00-beta1.iso but I see there are beta 2 builds available now, I will download and give this a try, maybe my issue is related to something that has already been fixed. Just on that if I do a apt-get update/upgrade will it take my system to beta 2 now ?

RE: Frodo poster art slow to load - TurboT - 2012-12-14

All working 100% now, I think it was just slow rebuilding the cache..

RE: Frodo poster art slow to load - ingeon - 2013-01-13

I experienced it on most of my Frodo openelec versions. (I hardly ever try nightlies)
Still getting it on "OpenELEC 3.0 RC 1 (2.99.1) [XBMC-Frodo]" also. (using default skin)
I`ll start my htpc, boots straight into xbmc, go to tvshow and then wait as all the images slowly start
loading... pretty much everytime.

I get a similar problem with XBCM frodo rc3 on windows 7x64
My Eden versions are much more responsive.

As a side note also still experience shutdown and reboot issues (just hangs on that screen)
I will try a fresh install (use the auto-update at the moment and love it) and perhaps post logs if worth it...

RE: Frodo poster art slow to load - un1versal - 2013-01-13

RC1 is release candidate 1 we are at RC4 now and plenty of bug fixes have gone in, Try it with a Newer build.

With exception of the SD HD flags everything works rather fast on a ION gen1 with RC3 Compile today --- 20131201-2d7375361

uNi

RE: Frodo poster art slow to load - gabbott - 2013-01-13

(2013-01-13, 01:19)uNiversal Wrote: RC1 is release candidate 1 we are at RC4 now and plenty of bug fixes have gone in, Try it with a Newer build.

He is referring to RC1 of openelec (which has RC3 of XBMC)

Would have never guessed it, works just fine here with exception of the SD HD flags which only become visible after you shift focus to scroll bar for e.g. Otherwise its fast Though like I said non on OE Im on IMO gen 1 minimal Ubuntu Install compile XBMC from Git.

uNi

RE: Frodo poster art slow to load - nickr - 2013-01-13

(2013-01-13, 01:19)uNiversal Wrote: RC1 is release candidate 1 we are at RC4 now and plenty of bug fixes have gone in, Try it with a Newer build.

With exception of the SD HD flags everything works rather fast on a ION gen1 with RC3 Compile today --- 20131201-2d7375361

uNi
are we? Xbmc.org and downloads page still says rc3

RC3 sorry, must be getting ahead of myself...

uNi

Frodo poster art slow to load - kees667 - 2013-01-23

Same here on openelec rc1 so xbmc rc3. Mostly in file/video mode. As my kids don't read they yell when the right poster comes along which now sometimes takes long. Can't seem to find a clear pattern.

RE: Frodo poster art slow to load - kees667 - 2013-01-27

Does anyone have a clue why this happens? Was there a major change in how thumbs for poster.jpg is stored? Today I again went to video/files and it can take up to 10 secs for foler images to appear now. .Dharma/Eden never had this on my asrock ion 330.

an ofcourse start posting logs etc but perhaps this is due to some new behavior or cache system?